• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Did you watch today's carbon? That's pretty much what happened.

Once pharah/genji/tracer came out bastion got put away. Which could also point to their inexperience running bastion.

Yeah, I'm aware. I'm just saying until people get better at Bastion and better at counter-stratting it we can't know for sure.

I mentioned it before, but I'll say it again. New Bastion has no range. He's more of a nuisance than a powerhouse. Counters will their way into the meta and then again only the Bastion mains will be cleaning shop with him

I think this is wrong. His range is fine, he definitely hurts enough at range.

I would love to try a dive comp. Playing as Lucio would be awesome :D

It is awesome! A couple of friends and I went Winston, Tracer, and Zenyatta. We got lucky enough to be paired with a McCree, D.va, and Lucio 3-stack. Even though there was a language barrier we decided to group up and we just rolled through people as a 6-stack.

Most fun I have had playing overwatch in a while on console. Always have fun on PC. :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
His real problem still is that not only does he have no immobility, he forces the entire team to be immobile.

I Wonder if people are approaching him wrong. Maybe a good bastion comp would be setting up a crossfire with a flanker like genji or tracer. So the flanker can distract the enemy team from focusing down on bastion and bastion can dump enough damage for the flankers to clean up.

exYle

Yeah. Like, the spread is large but it's really not that bad, and he has 300 shots in a clip so it's not like he has to stop hurling damage at you.

I'm not seeing it. The old Bastion could fight off snipers under reasonable circumstances

Anne

I'm not seeing it. The old Bastion could fight off snipers under reasonable circumstances

I mean it's not as good as old Bastion but it's really not that bad, and it's also not that big a factor even if it is worse since exchanging damage at far enough ranges for it to matter isn't really a thing. IT might come up on specific map segmanets with liek Widow and stuff but even then it's probably nothing cause he'll just get healed from taking damage while constantly throwing stuff out.

I think some of us have to take into account some of the people playing now don't touch competitive after their placement. Their play style is vastly different then most competitive vets. Hell I watched a guy on my team get bodied as Reaper against a Mei and Pharah and refused to switch because he plays a "pretty good Reaper" in quick play. He never asked us to switch though. He just kept playing Reaper. Then he bitched about being placed 1900. He literally said "this is why I don't play competitive" lol.

caesar

Banned
Lol people asking for hard reset, all that means is you will lose even more in wildly inconsistent games.

Also that new decay is pretty harsh but I guess I like it.

Jellie

Lol people asking for hard reset, all that means is you will lose even more in wildly inconsistent games.

Also that new decay is pretty harsh but I guess I like it.

That decay is probably gonna stop me from even bothering with season 4 tbh. At the start of my course I was told that when I start my dissertation I'll be in labs for 12 hours a day and sometimes weekends so that decay will just make me 3000 permanantly.

Jellie

The new decay system is fucking awful.

Also I'm not good enough to carry anything.

Saw one suggestion that was decent. Make it scale with ranks so diamonds don't have to play as much. Since the whole thing was to prevent many people taking top 500 with alts I think it should hit that tier the hardest. 7 is still stupid regardless of tier anyway. May 1 for diamond, 3 for masters, 5 for gms.

ISOM

The decay system seems harsh especially for those in the 3000-4000 bracket. I understand it for like people in the top 500 who sat on their ranking.

caesar

Banned
The new decay system is fucking awful.

Also I'm not good enough to carry anything.

Its not that bad, ive decayed numerous times from over 3.7 and on the way back up you get like 100 pts a game.

Btw jellie I literally just landed back heathrow, probably jetlagged today but tomorrow I should be ready to lose.

Anne

I think for top 500 it's fine. It should def scale though, for sure.

The only good part about it is I guess it makes diamond+ a bit more exclusive but diamond is already way past too full.

Jellie

Its not that bad, ive decayed numerous times from over 3.7 and on the way back up you get like 100 pts a game.

Btw jellie I literally just landed back heathrow, probably jetlagged today but tomorrow I should be ready to lose.

I'm not sure I'm even gonna bother to do s4. Maybe just place at the end of the season. We should QP to get your aim back up and you can practice bastion lol

Match 1: Hanamura. We get B with 2.52 left, not too bad. We defend it shambolically but they get it with 2.53 left so basically all square. They take A on the return with about 50 secs left...and our Zenyatta on Attack has Ult, refuses to use to act like a push, and uses it when a Zarya is dead and with about 15 secs left. TIght, but oh well.

Match 2: Numbani. Fucking. Numbani.

"Could we get a 2nd Support? Soldier, could you focus their Pharah?" etc. We got stomped soooo hard. This Season will already be awful.

How is this possible? Did you squander all the bonus SR from the S3 redistribution?

Fuck if I know. I just can't win shit anymore. I went like 2-1-7 for my placement matches and got 2397. I really need to stop playing support so much. I played support for all my matches and it's just frustrating watching our DPS do whatever the fuck. Hey maybe you guys should kill that Pharah.

It is awesome! A couple of friends and I went Winston, Tracer, and Zenyatta. We got lucky enough to be paired with a McCree, D.va, and Lucio 3-stack. Even though there was a language barrier we decided to group up and we just rolled through people as a 6-stack.

Most fun I have had playing overwatch in a while on console. Always have fun on PC. :p
Damn that's my dream comp. I wish I had five friends who could play those characters :(

darklin0

Banned
Don't worry guys. I am gonna continue my job and boost people out of Platinum, forever.

G4XsQTV.jpg

I just hopped on for a quick CTF game and saw a gold portrait, 5 star, level 32 player with 543 hours on Symmetra alone (their main) and 200+ on D.Va and Mercy (I think). Over 2100 hours in just quickplay but (relatively) little in competitive. I'm assuming these stats are since the games official release, and in that case they've played 7.5+ hours a day on average, every day since release.

Then I get to the bottom of their QP stats and after 2100 hours... they've played Winston for "under a minute". lol

pizzacat

Banned
I opened Calvin's stream and haven't seen a Bastion in 3 games :T
I was playing with a friend in placements (big mistake not a skill based mistake but solo q placements is key because I won all the ones by myself) and he kept on trying to force bastion but then his hitbox happened :x

pizzacat

Banned
Also I did my placements and went to bedo bit before that I checked my Stats and I have 11 games played

They gave me an extra loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom