• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

But it does though? It's not like you're going to drastically improve or get worse during the one week. Unless you really believe you don't belong in the SR you ended up on at the end of the season.
Depends on the person I don't think a week does it either but they could pick it up pretty fast. Like the match making in this game is too fucked after a certain SR for you to make a successful run without being teamed with something questionable. Teammates are already questionable at plat and higher. Imagine that shit at silver and gold . Which is why I joked about not even touching comp for the dude that was 1600. Like the fact you cant get some sort of fresh start without last season hovering over you is hilarious.

Owzers

I don't understand how to play Rein effectively at all. Watched guides and Pro play and I still don't get it.
Step 1) lead the team toward danger
Step 2) get into a terrible situation
Step 3) plead for help and miraculously live through the team fight.

There are alternatives to step 3.

ISOM

I just solo healed both rounds on Eichenwalde as Zen and we won.

V5cbB3E.gif

People underestimate the power of Zen.

Backlogger

Was only able to play two placement games tonight but luckily went 2-0. First ran as Soldier and it wasn't even close. Second game I healed as Mercy we went all 5 rounds. Not my best game. Their soldier and Hog were all over me.

jviggy43

That seems like a big drop.

I was playing with two friends who I know better than to play with but Im not going to be that guy and boot them. Ive already solo climbed back up by 250 tho so its all good. I had a few placement matches where kids threw at the last second to to either lose or make us tie.

LiK

I was playing with two friends who I know better than to play with but Im not going to be that guy and boot them. Ive already solo climbed back up by 250 tho so its all good. I had a few placement matches where kids threw at the last second to to either lose or make us tie.

Actually, I don't mean your performance. It seems SR in placement is much lower in this season for some reason.

Placement matches have been a nightmare. Keep getting placed on teams with people trolling or throwing. I swear each season gets worse and worse.

NeoRaider

So players that were around 1700-1800 at the end of S3 are placing 1300-1400??

Good-fucking-bye competitive! I'm not gonna miss you.

Also Blizzard is trash for not releasing any new content. Ppl were expecting new hero, map... anything.

Angel_DvA

Placement matches have been a nightmare. Keep getting placed on teams with people trolling or throwing.

They need to get ride of it, I've done two matches, the first one someone quit when we weren't even losing, the second one, a dude was trolling the team with his Mei, blocking everyone and saying hello in the middle of the map... I'm already done with season 4.

jviggy43

Actually, I don't mean your performance. It seems SR in placement is much lower in this season for some reason.

Mmm I would agree; personally it wasn't drastically so. Last season I only won a single game and got placed a couple hundred below my high so this seemed right on par if a little lower than the previous season.

Also just to note, I got hacked by sombra and pulled out of turret mode with bastion.

Moonkid

I've got 6 placements to go and I'm not too fussed where I land. Even if I hit Diamond I'll probably be staying at 3k due to uni starting again and the new seven game requirement. Plus Nier is on the horizon too.
I've only won one match so far.
Drew one, so 1-1-4 so far. Things are looking great!
Though we lost two games it was great playing with ya today, you had some sweet grenades as Ana too if I'm not getting names mixed up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Huh, it does seem that the trend is that people are getting placed drastically lower?

I placed 3 points lower than I was at end of season 3. Not what I'd call drastic. Then again I went 7 and 3 and had what felt like good games, mostly.

I think how you play in placement has a lot more importance than whether or not your team wins. That's why I didn't really sweat the numerous junkrat/widow/hanzo picks by my teammates. I just picked a hero I could do well on regardless of how the rest of my team did and gave it my best.

hypernima

Banned
I've got 6 placements to go and I'm not too fussed where I land. Even if I hit Diamond I'll probably be staying at 3k due to uni starting again and the new seven game requirement. Plus Nier is on the horizon too.Though we lost two games it was great playing with ya today, you had some sweet grenades as Ana too if I'm not getting names mixed up.

Yeah we had some gr8 clutch moments, its a shame six stack gets so intense.

Anne

Pretty sure the community as a whole is overreacting to the Bastion buffs. He's a lot better but he seems mad strong on day one because nobody knows what the fuck to do about it.

It's like mass hysteria over the thing and honestly there aren't a lot of people even using it well or responding to it properly.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's how i feel as well, but we'll see. So far the only thing i would do is tone down ironclad, but even with ironclad i've seen him get blown up very easily with co-ordinated play.

He gets blown up by co-ordinated 3 dps dives but good luck doing that in solo q.

darklin0

Banned
Pretty sure the community as a whole is overreacting to the Bastion buffs. He's a lot better but he seems mad strong on day one because nobody knows what the fuck to do about it.

It's like mass hysteria over the thing and honestly there aren't a lot of people even using it well or responding to it properly.

This seems like a load of Alt-facts. :^)

Cappa

Banned

I also agree. Everyone said the same shit about sombra and now everyone thinks she's trash.

I don't understand how people can make judgements about something in less than a days worth of playtime. It's dumbfounding

I'm not sure about this new patch content.
I'd rather have the regular brawler game mode instead of filtering through the big ass custom games list that replaced it.

Anne

Like atm you have teams running Bastion mirrors with the same old shield/healing stuff and it just isn't working and is kinda dice roll-y. I wanna see what people running things like Pharah/Genji/D.Va/Zarya etc. will do. I'll admit the thing isn't very fun to fight against doing the same old Rein shit, but I don't think people are ready at all to fight it after getting used to Rein/Ana metagame for 6+ months.

I think it's mad dumb Blizzard put it all out like this though. Even if it turns out to be balanced, the community reaction points to people not being able to handle it at all.

maomaoIYP

I remember when Ana was just released, she was the worst character of all the heroes.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

I've already seen a counter. Ana's grenade. It's even better used with a Roadhog hook combo.

Bastion's healing is the true problem, moreso than the new recon gun spread change. I've seen people make Bastion heal out of Dragon Blade and a head on Hanzo's Dragon no issue. Only a tank who is currently already healing should barely survive these two, not a 300 health robot. I think reducing his heal rate or amount should help. For now though, Ana players are going to need some good aim with their grenades to stop his healing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like atm you have teams running Bastion mirrors with the same old shield/healing stuff and it just isn't working and is kinda dice roll-y. I wanna see what people running things like Pharah/Genji/D.Va/Zarya etc. will do. I'll admit the thing isn't very fun to fight against doing the same old Rein shit, but I don't think people are ready at all to fight it after getting used to Rein/Ana metagame for 6+ months.

I think it's mad dumb Blizzard put it all out like this though. Even if it turns out to be balanced, the community reaction points to people not being able to handle it at all.

Did you watch today's carbon? That's pretty much what happened.

Once pharah/genji/tracer came out bastion got put away. Which could also point to their inexperience running bastion.

exYle

I mentioned it before, but I'll say it again. New Bastion has no range. He's more of a nuisance than a powerhouse. Counters will their way into the meta and then again only the Bastion mains will be cleaning shop with him

darklin0

Banned
I want to play comp but I am exhausted. I should go to sleep and be ready for tomorrow but I can't stop playing mystery heroes. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom