• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
Lowest you go is 3000. It's just you need to play 7 a week instead of 1 a week now which is stupid.

Did you have a game cancelled?
Yesterday I had a match where 3 of our teammates got kicked out and the rest had lag problems (right after capping a without Ults in anubis 🤔) I rejoined tho? And got a tie

Jellie

Yesterday I had a match where 3 of our teammates got kicked out and the rest had lag problems (right after capping a without Ults in anubis 🤔) I rejoined tho? And got a tie

Not sure if it might be that then. I had a season 2 placement game cancelled and it counted as a loss in stats but didn't count to placements so thought it might be that. Maybe you leaving was a loss and rejoining got the tie?

LiK

i watched Fraser from VGA play some placements on PS4 last night and the bugs like the announcer not mentioning the 30 second warning and the music not playing near the end of the match in some sessions was pretty awful. stupid glitches.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There are Hanzos in competitive?

You got to remember how first couple weeks of comp works. There is this subset of the playerbase who don't actually play comp, they just place and then never play for the rest of the season just so they get the points and the i-was-there badge. These people don't really care about winning, don't care about what heroes work and what don't. They're just there to grind out 10 matches as fast as possible.

That's why I saw 4 junkrats, 4 widows, a Hanzo, and even a Hanzo + Widow on 1st point defense of King's Row.

The first couple weeks of the season are just as bad as the last couple. After doing my placement matches last night I won't play again for at least a week so I can avoid most of those people.

I opened Calvin's stream and haven't seen a Bastion in 3 games :T

I just checked it out. Never saw him stream before, but caught a gnarly Roadhog hold. Like, being almost single-handedly responsible for back-to-back teamwipes. Is this guy just a streamer?

Also, watched him as Genji go up against the new Bastion. Almost a full deflect back into the Bastion's face and Bastion survived, killed him, and healed up. It got to the point where it happened a few times so he switched to 76.

Jellie

I just checked it out. Never saw him stream before, but caught a gnarly Roadhog hold. Like, being almost single-handedly responsible for back-to-back teamwipes. Is this guy just a streamer?

Also, watched him as Genji go up against the new Bastion. Almost a full deflect back into the Bastion's face and Bastion survived, killed him, and healed up. It got to the point where it happened a few times so he switched to 76.

Think he plays for gale force?

pizzacat

Banned
i watched Fraser from VGA play some placements on PS4 last night and the bugs like the announcer not mentioning the 30 second warning and the music not playing near the end of the match in some sessions was pretty awful. stupid glitches.
Yesterday there was some menu glitches making things like 19x bigger

I didn't save the picture but I found my scrapbook idea of lonely mccree when I was practicing aim with him

84412836A0C37460AD9C6C59AD5A11FEDDA8FCAA

27522AFCD13BFE8261ACA6EE4B84506043ABDFA3

86EA110AEC41404F3460BA3A85B7FA473D0884D2

554F2F251BC8570453DFFABA98C06E3449E4E39C

Mr Git

Played at my friend's last night for a few hours. A bastion in every match, a bastion POTG in nearly every one xD
Sombra translocator is fixed as well.

ElyrionX

You got to remember how first couple weeks of comp works. There is this subset of the playerbase who don't actually play comp, they just place and then never play for the rest of the season just so they get the points and the i-was-there badge. These people don't really care about winning, don't care about what heroes work and what don't. They're just there to grind out 10 matches as fast as possible.

That's why I saw 4 junkrats, 4 widows, a Hanzo, and even a Hanzo + Widow on 1st point defense of King's Row.

The first couple weeks of the season are just as bad as the last couple. After doing my placement matches last night I won't play again for at least a week so I can avoid most of those people.

I see. I never did play comp but wanted to get in this season. Will avoid for a bit I guess.

ISOM

Wait out a week or so you should be fine after that

I say just play. There are always shitters. Can't escape them with a game this big. I've rose 100+ points on the last day of comp and am 4-1 on the first day of placements. Just gotta roll with it.

I'm fairly certain the only way I'm going to do placement matches this week is if Blizzard releases an Aloy skin for Hanzo. I might be talked into it if the GAF PS4 group is rolling tonight but I'll have to make my internet actually works first.

Lowest you go is 3000. It's just you need to play 7 a week instead of 1 a week now which is stupid.

I think it's to cut down on smurfing in the higher echelons. Having to keep playing 7 games with multiple accounts would be a nightmare.

Holy crap. Poor D.Va.

Skii

So everyone seems to be placed 200-300 SR lower than their season high? Guess it's to stop people abusing the initial SR bonus but it just seems pointless now. What's the point of the SR bonus if the aim is to get you back around to your previous season's SR? And if you're unlucky, you could just lose out on all the bonus SR anyway making you feel like shit.

AbaFadi

Banned
So everyone seems to be placed 200-300 SR lower than their season high? Guess it's to stop people abusing the initial SR bonus but it just seems pointless now. What's the point of the SR bonus if the aim is to get you back around to your previous season's SR? And if you're unlucky, you could just lose out on all the bonus SR anyway making you feel like shit.

Are they giving out the bonus SR this season?

LiK

So it's interesting that no one will know if they're in top 500 until season ends. I guess that's a good thing so people can't fucking brag about that anymore mid-season and use that against their teammates.

Jellie

Reinhardt: Guys we need to stop trickling.

*Runs ahead of everyone and dies charging*

White-Guy-Blinking.gif
See 5 people get hooked in a row on Eichenwalde by choke.
Me: Stop going infront of the reinhardt shield and getting hooked
1 second later
Got hooked
Lucio in team chat: "lol"
I think it's to cut down on smurfing in the higher echelons. Having to keep playing 7 games with multiple accounts would be a nightmare.

Yeah that's its intention so why does it apply to those in diamond/masters. Said earlier it should scale with tier. 1 for diamond, 3 for masters , 5 for gms. Plus it'll just put GM smurfs into diamonds more often messing up games there.

this sr thing is worrying lmao

i really wanted to just place in diamond and be done with it until bastion is goneeeeeeeee

I was hoping to place in Platinum and climb to Diamond this season, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to place in Gold and climb to Platinum every season with Blizzard's system, regardless of my own improvements in skill.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So everyone seems to be placed 200-300 SR lower than their season high?

Season high probably isn't much of a factor compared to how you finished the season, particularly for people who weren't even close to their high at end of season.

I was hoping to place in Platinum and climb to Diamond this season, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to place in Gold and climb to Platinum every season with Blizzard's system, regardless of my own improvements in skill.

I placed gold last season and climbed to platinum, placed platinum this season, don't know what you're worrying about unless you finished the season mid-low gold.

maomaoIYP

Has any other console players noticed this? I think aim assist has been stealth buffed again. It definitely feels a lot stronger than before the patch.

I placed gold last season and climbed to platinum, placed platinum this season, don't know what you're worrying about unless you finished the season mid-low gold.

I finished around 2650 I believe. I'm just looking at the anecdotal evidence from GAFers who are starting 300-400 lower than they finished season 3. Especially since I often play tank/support (at least when solo queueing, although I did get a lot of time in as 76 towards the end of last season.)

Skii

Season high probably isn't much of a factor compared to how you finished the season, particularly for people who weren't even close to their high at end of season.

Sorry that's what I meant.I really don't like this system. I'd rather you get placed 100 SR within your end of season SR depending on how well you do in placements and there be no SR bonus.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Around 100SR less than last season. 2238.

You know, after the shitshow that are the matches that I've played, I'll take it.

Has any other console players noticed this? I think aim assist has been stealth buffed again. It definitely feels a lot stronger than before the patch.

I felt something was strange when I tried the game on practice range today when I took a break from Horizon. I thought that it was because I was playing it for so many hours, but maybe it wasn't.

Gonna try it tomorrow before I play Horizon since I tend to notice stuff like that pretty easily. Honestly I don't think it's necessary, the auto-aim in the dual-zone setting is already really strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom