• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'd argue DVA would be more successful against Pharah just through harass.

DVA and Winston can get a couple seconds in her face but otherwise they can only block damage. Even if a Pharah is out of position they can't really kill her, but an Orisa might.

Jellie

On top of that, can someone tell me the numbers on Orisa's gun in general? I haven't seen anywhere what her DPS is or anything. Does her gravity attack do damage or does it merely move the players? Any drop off damage?

According to overwatch central, 12 damage per shot. Ult increases by 50%. Stacks with nanoboost for 24 a shot

KiraFA37

In other news today, done all my placement matches, went 6-3-1 and got a SR of 3213. Goal for this season is to get into masters.

TheYanger

On top of that, can someone tell me the numbers on Orisa's gun in general? I haven't seen anywhere what her DPS is or anything. Does her gravity attack do damage or does it merely move the players? Any drop off damage?

Just from my quick practice range stuff:
~11.5 damage per bullet (17 body shots, 9 headshots to kill a training bot).
Ult gives ~40% damage boost

Damage has 0 noticeable falloff. Still takes me 17 body shots at even 40 meters in the firing range.

Veelk

Banned
Just from my quick practice range stuff:
~11.5 damage per bullet (17 body shots, 9 headshots to kill a training bot).
Ult gives ~40% damage boost

Damage has 0 noticeable falloff. Still takes me 17 body shots at even 40 meters in the firing range.

Heh....interesting....I think if there are any problems with her, I think they'll come from her damage dealing potential. That gun isn't bad at all, and if it can be used long range....well, she's pretty big and slow to counter that, so she might be fine as far as damage goes, but we'll see.

NeoRaider

I don't understand how can ppl be ok with Bastion or D.Va's MEKA design but call Orisa boring and "meh".

She is far from boring and generic imo. But opinions... i guess.

antitrop

It's nice to watch Eevee's stream and not see him get flamed by lower ranked players for being a Mercy main in half of his games like he was before.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Doomfist also being a tank, can't be the next hero they release, right? I mean it would be little too much.

If they release Doomfist at all. It's always possible that his kit would have to look too much like Reinhardt's and he never becomes a hero.

antitrop

What changed? How long has he been the number 1 mercy?
Edit: Forgot she got buffed oops.

He's not just the #1 Mercy, but also the #2 Mercy. :p
(2 accounts, EeveeA and EeveeB)

It's not even the Rez buff as much as it's the team's willingness to combine her with a Bastion.

Satch

Banned
People hating Mercy in 2017?

GGNztQS.gif
CTFU

Jellie

He's not just the #1 Mercy, but also the #2 Mercy. :p
(2 accounts, EeveeA and EeveeB)

It's not even the Rez buff as much as it's the team's willingness to combine her with a Bastion.

First time I saw him was on some youtubers channel. His team was telling him to create a smurf to practice other heroes and he said he had a smurf but only played mercy on it. His team were just so dumbfounded.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
First time I saw him was on some youtubers channel. His team was telling him to create a smurf to practice other heroes and he said he had a smurf but only played mercy on it. His team were just so dumbfounded.

That's true dedication right there.

antitrop

He made a EeveeC account a short while ago to play Zarya on.

If they release Doomfist at all. It's always possible that his kit would have to look too much like Reinhardt's and he never becomes a hero.

I came up with a theoretical Doomfist move set a while back. It was something like regular melee attack, right click was a fist projectile with knock back, a CD ability that was a lariat spin like Zangief's that also has knock back, and then a berserk-style cooldown ability that ups his damage but also ups the damage he takes. Ult was a meteor drop where he flies into the air and then lands and creates a giant shockwave, and you can aim him a little after you fly up.

Ideally I see Doomfist as an offensive, melee focused character that focuses a lot on knock back and kind of disrupting enemies as opposed to how Reinhardt is designed.

Orisa info is now on Overwatch Wiki:

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Orisa

Stats:
Health
Armor

Fusion Driver
Damage
Movement speed
2.65 meters per second
Rate of fire
12 rounds per second
Ammo
Headshot
✓

Fortify
Dmg. reduction
50%
Duration
4 seconds
Cooldown
10 seconds

Halt!
Cooldown
8 seconds

Protective Barrier
Health
Duration
20 seconds
Cooldown
12 seconds

Supercharger
Health
Damage
+50%
Area of effect
30m
Duration
15 seconds

I would love for Doomfist to be a tank just because it would give us a healthy number of options.

Then they need to make two more healers, including one that's an edgelord.

Amazing that Bastion is already getting a nerf.

I would love for Doomfist to be a tank just because it would give us a healthy number of options.

Then they need to make two more healers, including one that's an edgelord.

Amazing that Bastion is already getting a nerf.

I kind of want Doomfist to be a mobile DPS like Genji or Tracer, but ground based with jumps and dash attacks.

Like the Captain Falcon of Overwatch.

Tank would be dope too though.

Reluctant healer would also be awesome. Maybe an Omnic that's sad he doesn't get to be an Or-15 or something?

Apathy

Stats:
Health
Armor

Fusion Driver
Damage
Movement speed
2.65 meters per second
Rate of fire
12 rounds per second
Ammo
Headshot
✓

Fortify
Dmg. reduction
50%
Duration
4 seconds
Cooldown
10 seconds

Halt!
Cooldown
8 seconds

Protective Barrier
Health
Duration
20 seconds
Cooldown
12 seconds

Supercharger
Health
Damage
+50%
Area of effect
30m
Duration
15 seconds

Really wish they didn't go ham fisted with damage reduction. With nano it's gonna hit the 70% limit

LiK

Stats:
Health
Armor

Fusion Driver
Damage
Movement speed
2.65 meters per second
Rate of fire
12 rounds per second
Ammo
Headshot
✓

Fortify
Dmg. reduction
50%
Duration
4 seconds
Cooldown
10 seconds

Halt!
Cooldown
8 seconds

Protective Barrier
Health
Duration
20 seconds
Cooldown
12 seconds

Supercharger
Health
Damage
+50%
Area of effect
30m
Duration
15 seconds

Ammo should be reduced to like 150. she can shoot for days.

I kind of want Doomfist to be a mobile DPS like Genji or Tracer, but ground based with jumps and dash attacks.

Like the Captain Falcon of Overwatch.

Tank would be dope too though.

Reluctant healer would also be awesome. Maybe an Omnic that's sad he doesn't get to be an Or-15 or something?

I go back and forth on how mobile I think Doomfist should be.

Like, a Captain Falcon type character would be awesome fer sure, but I also think it'd be really cool if they just made him Overwatch's version of the Juggernaut.

DevilDog

Overwatch desperately needs more mobility on heroes, and the maps. Every new hero should take advantage of that gap.
Looks huge, based on... a huge poster of an older Doomfist? Lol. He's probably just a normal dude. The gauntlet can fit on anyone.

My guess is defense.

He looks as big as reinhardt.

Plesiades

BTW, lets appreciate how awesome Orisa's gun's animations are. Overwatch has really awesome guns in general, and I think Orisa is a great addition to that.

Reloading her gun feels a lot like Winston's. It's really weird.

Maybe both animations take the same amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom