• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Whoru isn't really having an amazing night either. He's still doing good, but not the constant popping off he was doing previously.

NeoRaider

I really like this Orisa skin a lot:

hiBi3bHRmTK9kwCvwebdjU.jpg

Might be my favorite.

Anne

Whoru isn't really having an amazing night either. He's still doing good, but not the constant popping off he was doing previously.

I mean to give EnVy credit, Harry and Taimou's mechanics are /insane/ so they can afford to have them shut down a Genji. It really just is their macro isn't good enough to deal with Esca/Zunba in particular.

Edit: They also can't deal with Tobi either apparently.

Antiwhippy

I mean to give EnVy credit, Harry and Taimou's mechanics are /insane/ so they can afford to have them shut down a Genji. It really just is their macro isn't good enough to deal with Esca/Zunba in particular.

Edit: They also can't deal with Tobi either apparently.

Tobi is so good though. Consistently making good plays.

Zemm

NV reminds me of NiP from CSGO, great at the start when everyone was learning but struggle once people have worked stuff out and can't adapt as quick as others. They still play the game like it's mid 2016.

Anne

Tobi is so good though. Consistently making good plays.

I agree. All of Lunatic Hai played that extremely well. Tobi/Esca/Zunba in particular got a lot more shine tonight which I thin really shows why LH is currently undefeated for the season. They've lost one map all season now that I think about it.

Antiwhippy

NV reminds me of NiP from CSGO, great at the start when everyone was learning but struggle once people have worked stuff out and can't adapt as quick as others. They still play the game like it's mid 2016.

It's more like they play it like late 2016.

Trip tank is still good but you really need to learn to adapt if it doesn't fit.

Oh, and also they need a genji player.

Anne

This is pretty right on, but yeah as Whippy said it's more like they are playing like November 2016 ish. The big difference maker was during Korean off-season those guys went /hard/ on their playbooks and macro level stuff while western teams were busy reshuffling and taking vacations and junk. Not saying that Western teams didn't work as hard, just the timing worked out better for the KR teams.

Envy really need some extended off season time to work on stuff. They've been away from home and crammed into tournament seasons nonstop. I think that is really affecting their ability to just sit down and work out how they want to approach their problems.

I just realised I didn't lose any SR after leaving a game after a teammate already left. Also noticed I only gained 13 SR the next match I won.

Is this a recent change in the latest patch?

Anne

Runaway beating KDU would be pretty weird. KDU is looking off, and Idk if it's from them not being able to deal with Runaway DPS or if Panker is just having an off day.

Antiwhippy

Panker is definitely having an off day, but dat dead eye,

Seriously though, what happened to the KDU that is godly at ult management? They're wasting so many ults that they look like they've tilted off the earth.

Vitanimus

how come Orisa only has one voice line? something's fishy...

There was speculation that Doomfist was meant to be 24 but the whole Terry Crews thing caused them to rework the hero more to fit, and I'm guessing Orisa was "rush released" to make up for it. She has around 30 less cosmetics than everyone else. Even Sombra released with 60 cosmetics.

I just realised I didn't lose any SR after leaving a game after a teammate already left. Also noticed I only gained 13 SR the next match I won.

I asked the same question a few pages back and got no answer. I don't think anybody knows. I lost two games in a row and won one (getting three golds in the process) and got back to where I was before I lost and then some.

LiK

if this is true, this is way better than previous system. i'd rather earn less than lose SR.

Anne

Knowing 60% of the playerbase is gold or lower blows my mind. It feels like I never ever see those ranks. Just matchmaking things.

LiK

Knowing 60% of the playerbase is gold or lower blows my mind. It feels like I never ever see those ranks. Just matchmaking things.

I've only played in Plat and above so anything Gold and below is like a mystery to me. No streamers play in those tiers either so it's all just anecdotal stuff I hear.

Honestly, it's insane to me that I'm in the top ~15% of the playerbase (spent most of the season at ~2950 and was disappointed with that).

I play with Silver/Gold friends a lot. AMA. Spoiler: They make terrible decisions.

LiK

Honestly, it's insane to me that I'm in the top ~15% of the playerbase (spent most of the season at ~2950 and was disappointed with that).

GAF is almost always in the upper tier of game skill. It's like in Destiny-GAF where people there are shocked most people don't even play the Raids.

maomaoIYP

GAF is almost always in the upper tier of game skill. It's like in Destiny-GAF where people there are shocked most people don't even play the Raids.
Not really, I know we have quite a few players here gold and below, but the conversation in the thread tends to largely talk about high level play, and I think they end up feeling slightly alienated, or left out of the conversation.

DevilDog

That's so depressing :{
It's not. Ranked is a bucket, not a ladder. It places people of similar skill together so they can have fun and a fair fight.

Unless you were talking about that ass that made the video who decided to go down on lower ranks to ruin games and make fun of people.

LiK

Not really, I know we have quite a few players here gold and below, but the conversation in the thread tends to largely talk about high level play, and I think they end up feeling slightly alienated, or left out of the conversation.

I've seen them here. Some of them simply went down from losing streaks tho.

It's not. Ranked is a bucket, not a ladder. It places people of similar skill together so they can have fun and a fair fight.

Unless you were talking about that ass that made the video who decided to go down on lower ranks to ruin games and make fun of people.
I was silver once when I first started playing competitive, there is nothing fun about playing like that. What's depressing about that video is you know there are people trying while others just fuck off. It's kills the whole point team play. I bet he's not the only one screwing off at lower ranks just mess around.

It's anthropology.

Cappa

Banned
Other than Anne and abdabbi and guy who I have on my psn friends list but can't remember his gaf name. I think most of us here are high plat /diamond /master with lots of golds sprinkled in. I thought we were just average players but apparently we are above average according to the ow team...

LiK

I'm guessing I won't see any Comp trains tonight? It's either Horizon or Zelda right now the the OW community.

Morlas

You know it's hilarious to me when a bastion is just sitting in one corner and he doesn't expect a thousand pounds of precision german to barrel towards him, rein can actually survive charging directly into bastion now.

i know that on xbox season3 i hit 3000 but upon receiving my rewards it said my high was 2910. very confused. also my friends placed without me so now im stuck solo queing since theyre all 3000+

ranked horribly on pc season 3 but also only started maybe a month ago so i was stuck with people who really didnt even know they were playing competitive. hopefully this season is a bit better

Owzers

Other than Anne and abdabbi and guy who I have on my psn friends list but can't remember his gaf name. I think most of us here are high plat /diamond /master with lots of golds sprinkled in. I thought we were just average players but apparently we are above average according to the ow team...
I always knew I was a pro player.

I'm a decidedly mid-Plat skill player now, but back in season 2 I spent a long time in Gold hell. And yeah, at that point I felt a little out of place because people were always talking about how X was trash and easy to beat - meanwhile I'd be constantly in games where my team was completely dumbfounded by X.

On the other hand, seeing top level people discuss things in here and playing with awesome higher level GAFers has helped me improve my own game, so that's good too.

I'm guessing I won't see any Comp trains tonight? It's either Horizon or Zelda right now the the OW community.

I'm on the fence on whether I want to stay out of comp until the Bastion patch comes in or not. Because I don't want to do placements in the Bastion meta, but when the fix comes in Orisa's also probably going to be added which will also be bad for placements.

Decisions, decisions.

ISOM

Having played Orisa in one quickplay match not arcade. I have to say she's incredible fun. Her entire kit just makes you feel like you're doing so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom