• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypernima

Banned
His mobility lends toward diving into the opposition, which only works if you really know what you are doing. Most Genji players dive, die, and then complain that no one healed them.

At least that's the stereotype.

The other DPS classes aren't quite as good at diving aside from Tracer, and scrubs usually don't pick Tracer.

Back when the general public didn't know how good Genji was and people were so ass at him they would always throw, this meme was born. Every single game you had a Genji that had zero idea how to play the game but thought he was a god who would mash "I need healing" while being half a map away from anything.

It was really funny watching the general playerbase go from "I never want to see Genji on my team again" to "Oh god nerf this thing into the ground please" over the span of like a month.

Fucking Seagull.

Good Genjis are a nightmare though, especially if they are fed Swift Strike charges from your team.

I was beasting it with Zen on defense, 17 objective kills, got a card and all, but of course all the upvotes went to lame mercy 17k healing.

I wish we got something for being upvoted. Since it's just e-peen, I usually upvote the healers if they did a good job because it's such a forced position.

Fucking Seagull.

Good Genjis are a nightmare though, especially if they are fed Swift Strike charges from your team.
Genji can be frustrating, but I hate Tracer more than anything. She's so unpredictable that I lost a 1v1 to one at full health last night as Roadhog. I wanted to ragequit just because taking 900 damage while doing nothing in return is just an infuriating experience. I got back at her with a few hooks later from the side, but...fuck Tracer. I don't think she's necessarily imbalanced, just really frustrating.

exYle

change your avatar.

On the few times I actually get to play DPS on a team that doesn't need a tank or healer role to be filled, I can only deal with Bastion if he's not being pocketed by any healer or hiding behind a Rein. With his new damage reduction, Genji is nowhere near a reliable counter to Bastion anymore.

Wait for me. Assuming Bastion nerf and Orisa come on Tuesday we can wait until then. I haven't done a single placement match yet and I only have 40% completion in Horizon.

That game turned me into a Hanzo main.

Aw yiss bro let's do it

Jellie

Restarted my computer and that seemed to fix it.
Really weird.

Also I think I was matched with Kira.
If it was then we lost together on Route66 and won against me on Nepal I think. Feelsbad
Happened as a one of for me. Settings were put to max for some reason so had to put it back to low again.
If it was Kirafa37, he was 3400ish and was either Ana or Zarya then probably was.
good to know im not crazy lul. Is this a new patch thing because its never happened before

When it happened to me it was ages ago. Not sure how long but maybe 6 months? Never happened since but I rarely play Mei so dunno.

aeolist

Banned
good to know im not crazy lul. Is this a new patch thing because its never happened before

i think it was always possible but the window between the ult meter being burned and the robot actually going out is incredibly tiny so it happens very infrequently.

Anne

i think it was always possible but the window between the ult meter being burned and the robot actually going out is incredibly tiny so it happens very infrequently.

I don't think it's intended for it to spend the ult charge when that happens though. If anybody has proof should submit it to the bug report forum.

Happened as a one of for me. Settings were put to max for some reason so had to put it back to low again.
If it was Kirafa37, he was 3400ish and was either Ana or Zarya then probably was.

He played Ana so Im p sure it's him.
I thought the name sounded familiar.

Hellix

I shouldn't have come back to this game.

Gmkuxs8.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a game last night as zarya where my energy was stupid low but I kinda thought in a way it indicates that I'm helping?

The other team seemed deathly afraid of shooting bubbles which in turn gave my DPS time to gun them down.

Only times I've consistently got big charge was from saving people from reinhardt charges.

Or maybe I'm just bad and getting carried hard lmao. I thought I did ok work as low energy zarya though.

Backlogger

My SR placement last season was ~1900. I finished around 1750~. This season my SR placement was ~1500. :(

Time to work my way back up

I suck

aeolist

Banned
Had a game last night as zarya where my energy was stupid low but I kinda thought in a way it indicates that I'm helping?

The other team seemed deathly afraid of shooting bubbles which in turn gave my DPS time to gun them down.

Only times I've consistently got big charge was from saving people from reinhardt charges.

Or maybe I'm just bad and getting carried hard lmao. I thought I did ok work as low energy zarya though.

i mean you're only really guaranteed charge if you bubble save from lots of hooks or pins, or if there's a lot of spam. you can play a match with low avg charge and still be really useful.

Antiwhippy

i mean you're only really guaranteed charge if you bubble save from lots of hooks or pins, or if there's a lot of spam. you can play a match with low avg charge and still be really useful.

Thing is really it's almost always better to burn through the bubble of the guy you're dueling with because those 2 seconds could mean that you're dead. But people keep going "stop shooting the bubbles!" so it kinda sucks that I can't get high charge sometimes but I guess as long as it enabled my DPS to kill more.

Antiwhippy

I mean I guess it depends on what you define as DPS ana. To me DPS ana is more about finding opportunities to get a kill in between the healing and using biogrenade aggressively, instead of just being a healbot.

I mean I guess it depends on what you define as DPS ana. To me DPS ana is more about finding opportunities to get a kill in between the healing and using biogrenade aggressively, instead of just being a healbot.

If someone is using ana as a healbot, then he is playing it the wrong way, her dynamism is what makes her so much fun to play, and what people consider OP about her.

I wish we got something for being upvoted. Since it's just e-peen, I usually upvote the healers if they did a good job because it's such a forced position.

That would be a neat idea to incentive players to play better, right now it's just there for the sake of it.

aeolist

Banned
the POTG algorithm honestly sucks. last game i got a 5K barrage on top of a really good shatter from my rein and POTG is me shooting like 3 rockets at a mercy and mccree in a graviton.

the POTG algorithm honestly sucks. last game i got a 5K barrage on top of a really good shatter from my rein and POTG is me shooting like 3 rockets at a mercy and mccree in a graviton.

I wonder what calculates the one play that gains the POTG spot, because like you said, sometimes it feels it's a pretty arbitrary selection, I got one as widow for a single elimination and some sparse damage, shit doesn't make sense.

Damn I'm afraid to get back on tonight. The comps I've been playing with have sucked and the communication just hasn't been there but at the same time I don't want to be in a six stack and get steamrolled. I need a good 4 stack to play with.

Apathy

I miss the old ana sleep dart. I hate getting slept and taking 90%+ of my health before the grace period to wake up happens.

Jellie

I only go heavy on the DPS if there is a pharah, especially pharmercy or if we have a mercy to pick up the healing. As soon as an engage happens I'll go full heal unless pharah is still alive.

I've made a game mode. Insta-cap KotH, Ana only, no biotic grenade, insta-gib, sleep darts on 5% cooldown for disrespect. It's muy bonito.

I hate dps ana players. You can't really play aggressive.

Real talk, you can play Ana with aggression as your main focus rather than healing but it requires good mechanical skill and good ability management. Every sleep dart is a potential pick. You should still be healing, just with a focus on ending the fight quickly when the team fight breaks out. The issue is it requires you to have a team that can support you in that role and you aren't going to find that in comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom