• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My teammates keep punching me every time I pick Sombra in competitive. :mad:

From my experience, I rarely saw any good Sombras in Comp. Felt like a troll pick.
I don't think people realize how good she is on assault maps. Popping her ULT on the second point can give you a change to team wipe without using very many ults. A guy did it on our team last night and we couldn't do much after. You really feel defenseless when you get hit with it though.

Cappa

Banned
With how much of a shit show Season 4 sounds like at the moment, I'm glad to be taking a break from Overwatch.
Don't base your opinion on a few threads you see on reddit or the overwatch forums lol season 4 is Actually better balanced than last season

Man, so far this season is really demoralizing.

FInished up S3 at around 2150. I went 3-7 in my placements and had leavers for all seven losses. I've lost all 3 post-placement games badly, and had one with a leaver. Down to 1830.

It's frustrating. Nobody seems to be on mic these days (PS4), nobody seems to want to group up and everybody is just trickling in.

And the leavers....I've never seen it this bad in any of the three prior seasons.

LiK

With how much of a shit show Season 4 sounds like at the moment, I'm glad to be taking a break from Overwatch.

It's not that bad and it seems they made you lose less SR from losses and earn more from wins. Losing didn't feel that bad unless I was playing with dickbags who threw the game or have no synergy at all. Only happened a few times.

Skii

With the Bastion nerfs, pretty much every hero is viable up until GM. The likes of Junkrat and Reaper are still relatively weak but the rest of the heroes are pretty good in the correct situations.

It's not that bad and it seems they made you lose less SR from losses and earn more from wins. Losing didn't feel that bad unless I was playing with dickbags who threw the game or have no synergy at all. Only happened a few times.

Likely only in the first matches as it was last season. Soon you will start winning/losing 20-30SR per game.

Is the bastion nerf (20% reduction damage instead of 35%) live on console yet?

LiK

Likely only in the first matches as it was last season. Soon you will start winning/losing 20-30SR per game.

Still felt like I earned more than losses tho. Well, it was good to quickly go into Diamond just after a couple of good matches. Wasn't a slog like I thought it would be. You should've seen my Soldier and Junk play over the weekend. I was on fire. Saved all my matches. ^_^

The Bastion update isn't out on consoles until the next major patch in their notes. I'm guessing whenever Orisa goes live.

Won my first Bastion match in comp. It feels weird to me that you can pick him on attack without anyone thinking you're throwing.

m2CR56m.png

Still felt like I earned more than losses tho. Well, it was good to quickly go into Diamond just after a couple of good matches. Wasn't a slog like I thought it would be. You should've seen my Soldier and Junk play over the weekend. I was on fire. Saved all my matches. ^_^

The Bastion update isn't out on consoles until the next major patch in their notes. I'm guessing whenever Orisa goes live.

Nice :)

Soon I will be playing comp again, hopefully we can have good games. Really want to try Orisa.

Cappa

Banned

No nerf yet but hopefully not soon either! I've been having tons of fun playing bastion lol. I've been instalocking bastion on offense and defense on all maps except koth. On koth I've been playing only tracer and Lucio.

antitrop

Won my first Bastion match in comp. It feels weird to me that you can pick him on attack without anyone thinking you're throwing.

m2CR56m.png
I had an attack Sym yesterday that turned out to be a god. I figured she was throwing, but Mercy pocketed Sym is scary af. She got potm right after I solo-rez'd her.

komaruR

upload those junk matches! :p

LiK

upload those junk matches! :p

I want to but then I'm too lazy to use the editing software on PS4 or finding the match to download to USB. I'll probably try to do that soon.

I had one match with Gaffers in QP during offseason where i had 31 elims with Junk and a lot were solo kills. :p

Jellie

Bastion isn't being picked anymore?
Damn wasted my time learning Sombra.
She's pretty fun and starting to click. Biggest problem with my play is when I EMP there tends to be no follow up. Probably would be better in comp.

komaruR

I want to but then I'm too lazy to use the editing software on PS4 or finding the match to download to USB. I'll probably try to do that soon.

I had one match with Gaffers in QP during offseason where i had 31 elims with Junk and a lot were solo kills. :p

im lazy too, so i just upload the raw file lol
i only edit them if i want to make some stupid montage lol

Anne

Most balanced the game has ever been.

This. The more Bastion is out in the wild, the more people are just dealing with it. Feels like a large chunk of the cast is really viable atm.

The community lately is worse than ever though. Ever since Bastion hit it feels like everybody just forgot how to play the damn game. The ongoing nonsense about things like D.Va/McCree at lower levels (read diamond and below) is going to make my head explode.

MKIL65

Yesterday, I had a hook accuracy of 55-60% in the majority of comp matches I played.

And today, I can barely get above 20-30%. I'm so detrimental to the team... :(

komaruR

This. The more Bastion is out in the wild, the more people are just dealing with it. Feels like a large chunk of the cast is really viable atm.

The community lately is worse than ever though. Ever since Bastion hit it feels like everybody just forgot how to play the damn game. The ongoing nonsense about things like D.Va/McCree at lower levels (read diamond and below) is going to make my head explode.
with the previous tank meta, people don't know to play reaper now.
hopefully once orisa is live, reaper can get his glory back again.

LiK

Reaper is still pretty useful in a group fight if people aren't paying attention to him. But he's def less viable now.

Reaper is still pretty useful in a group fight if people aren't paying attention to him. But he's def less viable now.

I had a placement last night where people ignored bot the other team's Reaper and Mercy.

Not much I could do as Rein to stop either of them, so their team kept us uncoordinated and kept themselves alive.

I'm currently 4-4 in placements, getting players in the 2800-3000 range so it feels similar to where I was in S3. If I don't have to make a massive climb like I did S3 (started at 2200), I might just hit diamond soon.

Yesterday, I had a hook accuracy of 55-60% in the majority of comp matches I played.

And today, I can barely get above 20-30%. I'm so detrimental to the team... :(

I have these weird games where I try to yomi my opponents too hard and throw hooks that don't make sense in retrospect.

JHall

Opposite for me. Maybe I was lucking out with my groups in Season 3 though. The level of douchery this season seems pretty high at for me so far.

It's the beginning of the season. The toxic players come out in full force then they go back into hibernation until the end of the season.

LiK

Advice: Don't play in offpeak hours during the weekend. You get some really bad players who can't teamwork for shit. I finally got competant players around 8-10AM Sunday morning.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I finished placements as a 6-stack with friends and everyone wound up a good 200-300 below where they were in S3. That sucked.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's not that bad. I honestly don't see that much Bastion since the first few days.

Colour me surprised that people overreacted. Told y'all. :p

But yeah, bastion from what I've played is still a hero with a lot of flaws, it's just that he's dangerous if you leave him unchecked. I honestly have not had that much problem with him so far.

I'm still fine with the nerfs he's getting though. I'd rather he stay weaker due to his annoying he can be.

It's the beginning of the season. The toxic players come out in full force then they go back into hibernation until the end of the season.

What do you mean by toxic players? People that don't coordinate or just the characters they're choosing?

Overwatch seems to have just as many people who don't want to work together as any other shooter. It's really punishing to play without a full team.

komaruR

Advice: Don't play in offpeak hours during the weekend. You get some really bad players who can't teamwork for shit. I finally got competant players around 8-10AM Sunday morning.

or maybe 6stack during offpeak like the dudes in south america!
j/k, hope blizzard patch the stupid masters matching up with below diamonds by now for S4

BTW. during POTG it usually show stuff correctly right? yesterday it showed a mccree player who threww flash bang and then FTH and killed someone... and he was shooting behind the wall..

hypernima

Banned

I dunno I always play during the mornings and evenings and have had way better results.

I'm still on a winstreak and it scares the fuck out of me.

JHall

How long does it take? My experience has been frustrating.

Give it another week, once the ranks settle in it'll get better. You'll still get those kind of players every now and then. But, the beginning and end of the seasons are the worst. I personally don't play on Friday nights, Saturdays, and Sundays. I've had bad experiences those days even in high master games.

Come back to overwatch and main Genji! I think you'd do really good with this meta.

I will now that I've finished horizon. I'm going to level up an alt account first (I'm at lvl 17 or something) so I can try new stuff in comp even if that means tanking my SR. I feel like I can do much more with S76, but playing him is kinda boring... I want to play with the shimada bros more :p

LiK

I will now that I've finished horizon. I'm going to level up an alt account first (I'm at lvl 17 or something) so I can try new stuff in comp even if that means tanking my SR. I feel like I can do much more with S76, but playing him is kinda boring... I want to play with the shimada bros more :p

Damn, I need to finish Horizon as well. Really enjoying it.

or maybe 6stack during offpeak like the dudes in south america!
j/k, hope blizzard patch the stupid masters matching up with below diamonds by now for S4
What I hate is diamonds pairing up with golds and say "just pick a healer" and half the team is wondering why their not getting enough heals during a match. I had a gold Mercy solo rez a rein yesterday to contest a point. Almost snapped my controller in two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom