• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a news story about this and the game on TSN. This world is fucked.

It's all terrible news, and hopefully ParisGAF stays safe and sound. Hopefully police/SWAT can put an end to things soon.

And that Rob Lowe tweet...what the fuck? He seemed like a nice guy, but holy shit, that's awful. I wonder what his pal Ellen thinks of him now.

SomTervo

This. There are very few justifications for war and Isis has provoked it too much already. If NATO don't come together on this, we might as well give up and accept terrorism as a natural event that happens three times a year.

But it won't just be a natural event that happens three times a year. It will escalate to far more pervasive, dangerous heights. I personally think I'm a level-headed person, but I fully believe this is nearing world-war shit.

I just saw a news story about this and the game on TSN. This world is fucked.

It's all terrible news, and hopefully ParisGAF stays safe and sound. Hopefully police/SWAT can put an end to things soon.

And that Rob Lowe tweet...what the fuck? He seemed like a nice guy, but holy shit, that's awful. I wonder what his pal Ellen thinks of him now.

What did he say?

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

WTF this was posted on JV.com forums a few days ago (biggest french videogame website)
Basically a poster said 8 days ago that there would soon be huge attacks in Paris, but he's giving some details. He said that there would be more than 100 casualties and that we should already use the hastag #prayforparis
There are a lot of batshit crazy people posting on these forums every day and talking about attacks every so often, but this post is eerily accurate (he's talking about coordinated attacks in various places in the capital, explosions, grenades and suicide attacks)
I don't know if it was just a random hoax, I'm gonna try to find a better source.

How does one know how many casualties there are going to be? Sounds like a case of a batshit crazy clock being right twice a day.

Couleurs

why in the hell someone who really knows something (and is apparently against it) would post in a videogame website instead of,you know,going to the proper authorities?

I'm guessing they didn't know shit; probably just a coincidence where the person who posted it is now shitting their pants at the thought of all the police scrutiny they're about to get.

samn

This is probably bullshit.

Can't find anything on Google.

"jours il y aura des attentats un peu partout dans Paris"

"des explosions, des grenades, des kamikazes"

And http://fotoforensics.com tells that the picture is probably arranged (going by the white noise).

Of course it's 'arranged', it's arranged by your browser. the white noise is anti aliasing applied to the text.

anyway it's probably either fake or the sort of vague warning that pops up every week on shit forums

I hate this feeling of helplessness. I'm sitting here eating dinner while innocent people are being killed hundreds of miles away from me, and all i can do is sit and fell bad for them.
I feel the same way. I was about to make dinner with my mom and then I saw just how bad the situation got. I can't do anything to help anyone right now but pray for their safety while more and more are killed by pure evil.

Ovid

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

WTF this was posted on JV.com forums a few days ago (biggest french videogame website)
Basically a poster said 8 days ago that there would soon be huge attacks in Paris, but he's giving some details. He said that there would be more than 100 casualties and that we should already use the hastag #prayforparis
There are a lot of batshit crazy people posting on these forums every day and talking about attacks every so often, but this post is eerily accurate (he's talking about coordinated attacks in various places in the capital, explosions, grenades and suicide attacks)
I don't know if it was just a random hoax, I'm gonna try to find a better source.

That can't be random. No fucking way.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How does one know how many casualties there are going to be? Sounds like a case of a batshit crazy clock being right twice a day.

Sounds more like a stupid fake picture, as they always pop up in such circumstances.

JaseMath

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

They said they'd do something like this back in July.

CCS

Banned
From BBC News just now:

THOSE PICTURES OF THE JUNGLE ON FIRE ARE OLD. THERE HAVE BEEN NO REVENGE ATTACKS OF ANY SORT.

I hate ISIS. I wish they would be eradicated from this world because they're nothing, but scum.

What a terrible day. Be safe Paris! Thoughts and prayers to all affected

Lutherian

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

JV.com just said it was a fake, they checked.

https://twitter.com/JVCom/status/665326753351516161

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

If i have a huge insider information about an upcoming terrorist attack the first and only thing i would do is post it on gaf. Smh if this is true I would be so disappointed to thatguy

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
France24 just reported that taxi drivers are turning off their counters and giving people in Paris rides for free.

poutmeter

Contacting Lebanese friends to make sure they were okay and now waiting for Facebook safety checks to come in for friends in France... it's unbelievable how things can go bad in such a short notice :( My condolences to all those affected.

wQ3Ldn0.jpg

THIS IS FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom