• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

LAMBO

you need your zombies to use life leech, then they are very strong. Never use minion instability, you just lose 30% of your zombies life for a little explosion when the die. Get the uniques that give you +1 minions etc. Get the tentacle miscreations as your specters.

I had a level 84 witch summoner that was near unkillable in maps. But after the respec i don't know what to do with her and i'm doing nemesis now and she's in standard with all my loot.

Summoner build is very bad until you hit level 30 at least.

Decado

Does resolute techique work with ranged weapons/skills? Thinking about playing a Marauder and using that node to avoid having to spend a lot of points on dex. Hopefully I'll get a decent ranged attack along with melee attacks/skills.

Never use minion instability, you just lose 30% of your zombies life for a little explosion when the die.

Wha? It's a free 30% hp attack when they die, unless you're implying friendly fire with the explosion. You're not trying to make them die, but if they're gonna ...

LAMBO

Wha? It's a free 30% hp attack when they die, unless you're implying friendly fire with the explosion. You're not trying to make them die, but if they're gonna ...

It's not free, your zombie died, what if there aren't corpes to make a new one, What if you'd rather not spend mana making zombies (which cost a ton i think i had mutistrike, mele splash, faster attacks, life leech on them) ? Instead I dual curse temp chains and enfeeble all day long.

No not talking friendly fire ( there isn't between your minions), but when your zombie is down to 30% (might be 35%) and instead of blowing up for little effect, he just keeping leeching and lives forever. It's a real boss destroyer, especially when i have 11 zombies, i think i had 12 skellys, and a 3 tentacles. Also use I use CI and then health flasks of animation to heal my minion family.

Wish i could show you my build but with the respec it's gone for now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Summoner starts out slow with weak minions. But stick with it. They get incredibly strong if you build passives into them and the gems level up. Some of them end up with like 13K hp. You end up with like 20+ minions. And it will be better once you get Spectres.

+Minion Life nodes, also, as the gems level up, more HP. The minions in my summoner build lasted nearly forever

That's what I'm hoping for. But rushing act 1 seems to have been a mistake. I need more points to get further into that area.

It's not free, your zombie died, what if there aren't corpes to make a new one, What if you'd rather not spend mana making zombies (which cost a ton i think i had mutistrike, mele splash, faster attacks, life leech on them) ? Instead I dual curse temp chains and enfeeble all day long.

No not talking friendly fire ( there isn't between your minions), but when your zombie is down to 30% (might be 35%) and instead of blowing up for little effect, he just keeping leeching and lives forever. It's a real boss destroyer, especially when i have 11 zombies, i think i had 12 skellys, and a 3 tentacles. Also use I use CI and then health flasks of animation to heal my minion family.

Wish i could show you my build but with the respec it's gone for now.

I see what you're saying, but I use Spell Totem/Summon Skeletons to surround bosses. My minions had thousands of HP. Sure, they won't last as long as a copycat build without the skill, but they do a ton more damage. Also, unlike popcorn, it'd be one every once in a while, which is sustainable. If all 11 of my minions died (at low or no life), I'm already in a bad place. =)

cheesetom

Shieeeeet. Dat Dominus fight is soooooo good.

It has to be done when you're at the right level. Doing it while OP is not the way to enjoy it.

I died at least three times and I'm sure I was over leveled for it. How are you supposed to survive with 12 stacks of that bleed curse?!!?

Rubius

That's what I'm hoping for. But rushing act 1 seems to have been a mistake. I need more points to get further into that area.

Well the good thing of PoE is that you could farm the last act boss and get the stuff from her and you would gain the XP of the map. I usually do not leave a map until I cleared everything. Because hey, that common enemy might drop that Unique I want.

Has anyone gotten a slower projectiles support gem from a quest reward yet? i need one for my build but have no clue where to get one

Does resolute techique work with ranged weapons/skills? Thinking about playing a Marauder and using that node to avoid having to spend a lot of points on dex. Hopefully I'll get a decent ranged attack along with melee attacks/skills.

Yes, you can use it on wands and bows.

Decado

Yep, it work on everything really. It simply mean that there is 0% of chance that you miss an enemy. It would be pretty good with Spectral Throw I think.

Cool! Well that's that. resolute technique + iron grip for me. Now it's just a matter of what to build up as I head towards them.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Not really, a lot of Elite mobs can ignite, freeze or shock you. 5000 armor when frozen can be a life saver.

Well yeah of course. But the idea behind it seems aimed completely at PvP.

I dunno about you but elites last about 5 seconds while I'm playing so using this ring in PvE seems kinda counter-intuitive. I'm using it right now while leveling just cause I have nothing better.

Besides, when mapping, everyone has a flask that dispels most effects or are rocking Dream Fragments <3

Cool! Well that's that. resolute technique + iron grip for me. Now it's just a matter of what to build up as I head towards them.

Don't go for Iron Grip off the bat. Wait to get it way later in levels when you have a ton of strength. 170 or so it won't be a big difference if you race to it--points better spent elsewhere in the mean time.

Card Boy

Banned
Guys some advice on this Scion Avatar of Fire Archer V2? Its basically a Avatar of Fire Archer.

What is the elemental resistant cap for Merciless? Because i got 48% base all elemental resistances, then i got 93% fire resistance all up including the 'All Elemental resist' nodes. edit: could possibly take one Fire node off in case i get some resist from Armour.

Main skills that will be used is Flameability, Burning Arrow, Explosive Arrow, Rain of Arrows and possibly Elemental Hit.

Rubius

Well yeah of course. But the idea behind it seems aimed completely at PvP.

I dunno about you but elites last about 5 seconds while I'm playing so using this ring in PvE seems kinda counter-intuitive. I'm using it right now while leveling just cause I have nothing better.

Besides, when mapping, everyone has a flask that dispels most effects or are rocking Dream Fragments <3

Don't go for Iron Grip off the bat. Wait to get it way later in levels when you have a ton of strength. 170 or so it won't be a big difference if you race to it--points better spent elsewhere in the mean time.

Are you in Normal? Because Cruel, elites are pretty annoying, and I have a Mace Shield Marauder Tank. Would love that ring.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Rip first char in Nemesis. Desync victim.

Can't make scion yet. Can any generous soul give me a Spectral Throw gem? :)

K.Sabot

Rip first char in Nemesis. Desync victim.

Can't make scion yet. Can any generous soul give me a Spectral Throw gem? :)

Lost my first nemesis to desync in fetid pool.

Hit by 6 or more rhoa charges all at once.

Also add me at: CantDecideOnABuild for the gem

So am Thinking of making my duelist dual wield rapiers. Should I allocate points into swords as well as duel swords? Swords tree benefits rapiers as well correct? Of the two which should be chosen?

Card Boy

Banned
So am Thinking of making my duelist dual wield rapiers. Should I allocate points into swords as well as duel swords? Swords tree benefits rapiers as well correct? Of the two which should be chosen?

I had a very good build happening before the major Duelist revamp in beta. It was a duel wield sword build and it had close to 40% block chance, extremely high attack speed. It was tanky but had low DPS, its main attack was duel strike. I suspect the buffs it got would of made it stronger. I forgot, it was a Blood Magic character.

Basically

did_it_ever_happen_to_you_when_part_18_03.gif

This is a quick and dirty 115 point version of the Duelist i would like to have. Its abit low in elemental resist area though.

Blood Magic Duelweild Sword Duelist

Sarcasm

Is a Blood magic, acrobatics and phase acrobatics viable for a ranger?

I am lvl 59 on HC and haven't played because I can't decide what to spend my passives on.

Gromph

Staff Member
Lost my first nemesis to desync in fetid pool.

Hit by 6 or more rhoa charges all at once.

Also add me at: CantDecideOnABuild for the gem

Thanks so much for the gem.

I dropped a few uniques at guild stash.

Ok now I need advice. Farmed until 22 in Fellshine. What should I do now? Chamber quest and then farm more levels?

Rufus

Progress. Farming in normal is not necessary, but if you want to be extra safe for the last boss, then Docks in Act 3.

Zeth

Guys, had to purge my friend invites yesterday after some trading. Sorry if I ignored you. Feel free to add me "Zethca" on steam, especially if you're playing Nemesis. I can do guild invites unless I've been demoted :p

Zeth

This is the Scion ST build I'm working toward: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDlgSzBS0IZxLhFE0Y2xo4GlUb-iFgJd8n7SmlLdIyCTJ-Mok1kjboOlI62DsoPC1AoEGHR35KyE4qVvpX4livWfNaUluvYENgS2EhZKNlTWxGbj1uaW6qcmxyqXTtdPF35XgNeu982Xz1gwmE2YTvhTKHaojxiiKQVZBsm12euZ_LogCkGaeEqJqpaKluqZSrxaxZrKq18rc-vqfAD8AawKbA88T2xq7STd0N52PsOPKX-ej8xf4K

Only level ~30 now, heading toward Resolute Technique. Initially I thought passive Blood Magic would be ideal, but it probably isn't - too many good mana passives en route between marauder and duelist.

The new percent health passives near Scion are awesome. I was at almost 1K health going into Act 3 normal.

Gothos

THIS.IS.INSANITY - look at this belt!

WGxEzoj.png

That's one of the most badass items I've ever seen in h'n's games. Amazing concept :D It's Nemesis only with speculation that it drops only from maps. I MUST HAVE IT.

Zeth

Got my first garbage unique drop in Nemesis. That feeling when you see the unique drop effect and wish you could save that RNG for item lvl 60+ -_-

Man, I need that belt. So cool.

Anyways to know what you choose for bandit quests?

You can "help" them all first to see what each bonus is. Depends on your character. Usually help Oak in Normal for 40 base hp if you're a life-based build.

Gromph

Staff Member
Progress. Farming in normal is not necessary, but if you want to be extra safe for the last boss, then Docks in Act 3.

Wanna be safe :) already lost a char. (Desync) but was around that level

Tom Penny

THIS.IS.INSANITY - look at this belt!

WGxEzoj.png

That's one of the most badass items I've ever seen in h'n's games. Amazing concept :D It's Nemesis only with speculation that it drops only from maps. I MUST HAVE IT.

Pretty sick. No resists though. Gaining the enemies mods is awesome though. Imagine gaining reflect and guys just die attacking you etc... lol

Sarcasm

You can "help" them all first to see what each bonus is. Depends on your character. Usually help Oak in Normal for 40 base hp if you're a life-based build.

Did I use the wrong tense? I thought choose was past tense =( sorry

I have a level 59 HC ranger and I don't know what I choose in the past..anyways I can tell?

Zeth

Did I use the wrong tense? I thought choose was past tense =( sorry

I have a level 59 HC ranger and I don't know what I choose in the past..anyways I can tell?

Actually, I'm not sure if they've implemented that. /passives will tell you if you've taken the skill point at least, I think.

Ketch

So I'm going a max frenzy charge/atk speed, crit based, avoidance/energy shield duelist with blood drinker and mana drinker.

I'm planning on using reave, blood rage, and whirling blades.

Just gonna take until lvl 100 to get there

HildyB

Reinstalling from my Alpha disk I got at PAX a couple years ago lol... should be ready by the time I get home. Looking forward to trying it again.

Bizazedo

Just downloaded it last night and it seems much better than I had anticipated. I didn't see it in the OP (awesome magazine btw), but what's the best thing to do or read when starting out?

Like even to learn the differences in difficulties or modes? Nemesis / standard etc?

Gothos

They need to improve the performance during Dominus fight :) One of his spell effects drops my fps from 75 to 40 (really noticable, whole screen slows down :>) and after he dies I had like 1-2s freeze. In general it seems his chamber needs a bit more optimization - during one teleport back I was afraid I'm gonna be disconnected, loading his zone took way longer than usual. i5-3470, 8GB RAM, GF 660Ti OC and SSD, so my rig is not an issue :)

RS4-

Ugh, the Piety fight. Had to kite around for a few mins. But running less multiple spectral throw with cyclone!

Raise spectre has been pretty handy. Too bad about the their hp though.

Perkel

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-25-path-of-exile-review
And of course, Eurogamer had to put awful review of this game ...
They've been ignoring it since the beginning and when it launched, they've put up review after two days. He gave out 7/10, but he didnt mention about half of stuff from the game, didnt mention any cons of this game and posted only shots from act 1 normal.
Dat journalism.

Weird review. At start he sounds like addict, then he mentions it is FP2 and some info about concept of F2P here aaaaaand... nothing else. bam 7/10

It feels like there should be second page. There aren't really any cons in review.

Sarcasm

Got my first garbage unique drop in Nemesis. That feeling when you see the unique drop effect and wish you could save that RNG for item lvl 60+ -_-

Man, I need that belt. So cool.

Actually, I'm not sure if they've implemented that. /passives will tell you if you've taken the skill point at least, I think.

Well I figured it out:

In Normal, I took the 40% HP (for sure), Cruel..the skill point - even says it in the world & quest pane.

Haven't done merc yet.

I remember the reason was cause my friend took the 18% phy D and his dps went up very little to the point it wasn't a boost to him..not much of one. May be different now.

So means I haven't done the third one yet.

Top Bottom