• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Kammie

What a butt load of crap. I can't play PoE in steam due to my region!

I lost access to my account..what the hell!
You can email Support and have them untie your account from Steam. Seen people ask about it on the forums.

Anyway, I've been getting burned out on the game. No goals left but to 6L my gear and I'm just not having fun coming to farm for four hours per night and leaving with just 1 link on my gear again. All last week I've just been firing up the game and browsing GAF meanwhile.... I just can't do it anymore.

I hope this system is changed next season, otherwise I have no interest in wasting my time like this.

Fuck, people who hate people who rant against Kripp, please ignore me for a moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXFCb4qUG0

Damn it. After spending months laughing and being freaked out by the lowest of sharks, those that say "IT ONLY TAKES ONE FUSING, 6-link me my LV1 SEARING TOUCH, AND WIN A SCROLL OF WISDOM"..... Kripp actually did stuff like that.

And I do not even count that time when he was practically begging his followers for fusings and got shitloads of them. But to actually play this "game".... yeah dude, someone got 8 exalteds. I do not care.

Next step in these game's markets and economys and all that jazz is when the ingame authorities form that punish the players that abuse others in the name of personal profit. You were scammed out of your exalted due to now knowing? Flag the person who did it to you, and people can enter that person's game (get a notification or whatever) and they will be able to attack him/her for a few times. The bigger the scam is, the more times the kills are authorized! DO IT, GGG :D

I remember watching that live when it happened. It was quite chaotic.

inky

Oh man, new summoner stuff? Now that my internet is not crap again I might come back to this. I'm probably out of the guild by now (not complaining, I read the warnings but I was not going to be able to play so I just let it be, heck I haven't even checked), but will definitely consider checking the new stuff out.

=D

Sarcasm

You can email Support and have them untie your account from Steam. Seen people ask about it on the forums.

Anyway, I've been getting burned out on the game. No goals left but to 6L my gear and I'm just not having fun coming to farm for four hours per night and leaving with just 1 link on my gear again. All last week I've just been firing up the game and browsing GAF meanwhile.... I just can't do it anymore.

I hope this system is changed next season, otherwise I have no interest in wasting my time like this.

Took some back and forth with support. Turns out the support didn't realize that I can't send them a message from their site since I went into a log in loop due to how its set up.

But they saw me change my password and log in so they finally detached my steam account.

KKRT00

Took some back and forth with support. Turns out the support didn't realize that I can't send them a message from their site since I went into a log in loop due to how its set up.

But they saw me change my password and log in so they finally detached my steam account.

Couldnt You just activate game on Steam by clicking manually to steam link? I've seen some people in this thread that used that method.

Sarcasm

Yeah, some people here were also region blocked, but they somehow bypassed it. Or maybe Steam added something new lately to region blocking, who knows.

Yea they bypassed it. I use to play it through steam. Than I noticed it wasn't in my library anymore, but still on my HDD. So I ran it..worked fine. Steam version nah..told me to GTFO region loser lol

KKRT00

WTB on Domination.

Life Leech, Elemental Prolif, Accuracy, Power Charge on Critical Strike, 2x Granite Flask and whats the cost of Elemental Weakness?
And Quality Reduced Mana, like 10-12%.

Rufus

Saw it on Reddit earlier. I have never chanced any uniques (not for lack of trying), and that guy just gets two of the most sought after ones back to back...

KKRT00

Is the guild menu messed up to you?

I can not see who is online.

It was working yesterday, maybe just no one is online? :p
Not many GAF members play it right now, except influx of players in march, when they'll start new 4 months league and bring up an expansion.

The problem is I can not even see who the members of the guild are, I just get a blank menu.

A screenshot:

QcDuRkJ.jpg

DeSo

Banned
I JUST found out this game has an Aussie gateway now which was the only thing holding me back from it. Played a few minutes. This game looks and feels like a true DII sequel. I'm so excited to play more of this.

Miletius

Been meaning to get around but finally began playing a bit again. I'm putzing around in Standard since I have stuff in there, not really feeling the other leagues since leveling is much slower without stuff. Playing a DW ranger, my original class, it's the most fun way to play for me.

I'll probably low ride it until March, when new leagues come up. Then maybe party up with GAFers, maybe?

V_Arnold

Foe Twirl: hold on to it, 2exalted minimum
Cataclysm Fend: 1-2chaos
Beast Stinger: 1c
Emyprean Grasp: 2-3c
Vengeance Buckle: 1-2c
Brimstone Cold: 4-5c
Apocalypse Nail: 3-4c
Demon Nail: I'd buy that off you for ~6-7c, but probably even more (I am broke :p)
Quality Portal stone: 10chaos at least

Others: worthless or vendor.

Quick Edit: Overlooked the Oblivion Guardian, which should be 4-5c as well at least, if not more (good summoner item, VERY good) , Sol Beads can be good for elemental-based melee character/ST-ers as well. Dunno what the price would be, but definitely more than a few chaos.

Lingitiz

What microtransactions are worth getting? Amazon is having a points sale and I'd like to at least give some money to these guys for all the hours I've gotten.

Card Boy

Banned
What microtransactions are worth getting? Amazon is having a points sale and I'd like to at least give some money to these guys for all the hours I've gotten.

Premium Stash tabs. Wait for a daily deal on the tabs for maximum yield out of your points.

Go to the home page and watch the videos of the micros too. A good pet and a weapon/helmet effect will set you apart as well

V_Arnold

Next season I will buy the Spectral Throw skin as well. It was my most used skill in Domination, and will be a staple for the first character in next league as well. Why not then?

Kammie

I like Extra Gore, it covers up the screen with limbs/blood to the point you can sometimes not see a thing!

Protip: If you want to save money (most of this stuff is expensive), buy the points but hold on to them, and buy what you want when it's a daily deal.

Anyone in dom want to do some maps?

I am saving the ones that have increased % of magic monster and area contains 2 unique bosses, and I prefer to do them with someone from the guild rather than some random ppl or alone.

Tom Penny

Pretty funny doing an incinerate block build. Doesn't do great damage but I can go AFK and make a sandwich and the enemies eventually die from Artic Armour and the Anvil reflect :)

Rufus

I stopped playing my Evasion/Acrobatics/Block Ranger because she did crap damage. A docks run took several minutes. I made the mistake of thinking that Reave would be decent enough, but without a really good weapon or a crit nodes it's complete poop.
Spectral Throw wasn't much better, either.

Don't wait till 74 to pick up damage nodes, folks.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
ok,so we're stuck at Dominus. any way to level up in this game? We are level 50-51 and did all quests.

He mops the floor with us.

Rufus

Go to City of Sarn, Docks or Catacombs, depending on what you find easiest to clear quickly, then re-run them until you've fixed whatever weaknesses you have. To re-make a zone, hold control as you left-click on it's entrance or the map marker from town or another waypoint. Here's a video showing how it's done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOhop9newQ

Sarn and Docks are easy to run end to end, since there's a waypoint in either of them. Catacombs has a waypoint right outside the entrance, so you have to port to down, go to the Marketplace waypoint, then ctrl+click the entrance to Catacombs.

I assume you're in Cruel difficulty? Resists capped, especially lightning? During which phase do you die and what usually kills you? Do you have a staunching flask, to remove the bleeding effect his last form puts on you? What does your mitigation look like, in general? What kind (evasion, armour, block) and how high?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Go to City of Sarn, Docks or Catacombs, depending on what you find easiest to clear quickly, then re-run them until you've fixed whatever weaknesses you have. To re-make a zone, hold control as you left-click on it's entrance or the map marker from town or another waypoint. Here's a video showing how it's done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOhop9newQ

Sarn and Docks are easy to run end to end, since there's a waypoint in either of them. Catacombs has a waypoint right outside the entrance, so you have to port to down, go to the Marketplace waypoint, then ctrl+click the entrance to Catacombs.

I assume you're in Cruel difficulty? Resists capped, especially lightning? During which phase do you die and what usually kills you? Do you have a staunching flask, to remove the bleeding effect his last form puts on you? What does your mitigation look like, in general? What kind (evasion, armour, block) and how high?

We're in Cruel. Fire resistance at 52%, cold at 44, lighting at 38. I don't have a staunching flask. Armor at 760, 25% physical damage reduction, chance to block attacks - 15% and so are chances to avade. Marauder class.

Rufus

Your defences are bad. :/

Your top priority is lightning resist. The max is 75%, so get at least 50-60% or so to not fall over whenever he attacks you. Definitely avoid his "Touch of God", it can kill you even at max resist, especially if you stand on the trail of electricity he leaves behind when he teleports around.
Your armour is quite low as well, but that's not as important for the early phase, unless his minions shred you. 50% mitigation is a good value to aim for, but I haven't played an armour character since the start of Nemesis, so I don't know how crucial or feasible it is to hit that point in cruel. The more the better, in any case.

To get a staunching flask, check your vendors (their inventory refreshes every time you level up), you might get lucky and be able to just buy one.
If you have alteration shards, you can try crafting one yourself. You can get one with staunching and increased charges, or increased recharge rate, so that you can use it more often. A utility flask like that which can only be used twice in a row isn't going to be as useful, obviously, but still better than nothing.
Generally make a habit of picking up blue flasks and ID'ing them, just in case they have a good mod you need.

Why do you need a staunching flask in the first palce? Dominus' last phase puts a bleeding attack on you which drains your life, the more charges he puts on you the faster your life drains. The staunching flask stops that bleeding. It's safer than to just try and out-regen it with regular life flasks.

V_Arnold

I am going to live in Marvel Heroes until next league comes to POE. Perkel, KKRT00, do not you dare kick me in the meantime! :p

Gothos

I am going to live in Marvel Heroes until next league comes to POE. Perkel, KKRT00, do not you dare kick me in the meantime! :p

Hehe, I'm in the same boat. I never thought that MH could draw me away from PoE but somehow it did just that. Haven't logged into PoE since Novemeber, playing MH all the time :)

V_Arnold

Hehe, I'm in the same boat. I never thought that MH could draw me away from PoE but somehow it did just that. Haven't logged into PoE since Novemeber, playing MH all the time :)

Do not get me wrong, though, PoE is better by a landslide (and quite different), but after having a 6-link Oro, being able to farm lv73-74 maps, and all that jazz, the only thing left is to remake one more character to get the really highend maps and maybe hope for a 30ex Kaom's Heart drop, which will not happen, so... that is it.

One more goal I had in mind was to get Two Tamings. But that is not gonna happen unless I start to live in the game :p

Top Bottom