• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Ryan: GOP will defund Planned Parenthood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

I think the next 4 years will show how much people actually care about this nation. Will they sit back and do nothing, or jam phone lines, protest, and vote out the people who they disagree with. It could be a galvanizing 4 years, or a 4 years of misery. The reaction to the ethics board and people actually calling their reps may be a sign of things to come.

Yes, and then the media credits Trump with stopping the dismantling of the board. We'll see how long people keep it up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Reminds me of this I randomly saw on Twitter:

The fuck...

That...that can't be real. I refuse to believe it.

I can believe this.

Look up the stats. If you ask Republicans especially if they support Obamacare, they most likely will respond on partisan lines. If you ask them about the ACA? Oh yes, they like that.

It's the same fucking legislation you ass-hats. Christ no wonder populism is on the rise. Everything's a fucking brand and nobody has an idea what they're actually voting for outside of catchphrases and dodgy hair styles.

See here: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polling-obamacare-label-makes-big-difference-n102861

One state, but shows if you mention Obamacare, the knives are drawn, cite what the law actually achieved in their state without mentioning Obama and suddenly the scales tip.

This is another example. Ask Americans, including Republicans if they support Sexual Health services, contraception, cancer screening etc and they'll likely support it. Bring up Planned Parenthood and you'll get the partisan responses. It's desperately pathetic but people think that anything hated by their side is bad, even if they have no idea what they're meant to hate and may even support it if they are told the concept, rather than the tagline.

Ac30

I hear womens health in Texas is what we all want to emulate.

Watch that new Micheal Moore documentary, there's a bit on sex ed and they have Perry on screen for a few minutes defending his state's incredible teen pregnancy rates - I can't believe that fucking moron is now controlling the US's nukes.

TylerD

I'm joining those that are donating now. I'm sure the GOP will attempt to use the heavy influx of private donations as a justification to federally defund PP as well as all their other bull shit reasons.

Otnopolit

I might emigrate. This country is set to move backwards to many years, and I want my partner to be treated as an equal in the country we live in.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I might emigrate. This country is set to move backwards to many years, and I want my partner to be treated as an equal in the country we live in.

Not like much of the world is looking much better given this shit is on the rise globally.

Blader

Budget reconciliation. Anything financial, they can make happen.

That's assuming they don't nuke the filibuster entirely.

There are a few key senators who are resistant to the idea of nuking the filibuster. And while this could theoretically pass in budget reconciliation and ignore any Democratic protests, there are some Republican senators who may not vote for it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
There are a few key senators who are resistant to the idea of nuking the filibuster. And while this could theoretically pass in budget reconciliation and ignore any Democratic protests, there are some Republican senators who may not vote for it.

Really the Senate as a whole is a lot more tenuous since they don't have total control and moreover Senate seats can't be gerrymandered.

Vixdean

I hope people are understanding the purpose of his tweeting now. Distract the media and public with outrageous bullshit that he'll never follow up on while the GOP Congress does the actual work of destroying the country.

RPGCrazied

Even though Trump said he liked some of it. But just another flip flop to get votes. Scummy. They even want a child to be born even if its from rape.

Monocle

I can believe this.

Look up the stats. If you ask Republicans especially if they support Obamacare, they most likely will respond on partisan lines. If you ask them about the ACA? Oh yes, they like that.

It's the same fucking legislation you ass-hats. Christ no wonder populism is on the rise. Everything's a fucking brand and nobody has an idea what they're actually voting for outside of catchphrases and dodgy hair styles.

See here: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polling-obamacare-label-makes-big-difference-n102861

One state, but shows if you mention Obamacare, the knives are drawn, cite what the law actually achieved in their state without mentioning Obama and suddenly the scales tip.

This is another example. Ask Americans, including Republicans if they support Sexual Health services, contraception, cancer screening etc and they'll likely support it. Bring up Planned Parenthood and you'll get the partisan responses. It's desperately pathetic but people think that anything hated by their side is bad, even if they have no idea what they're meant to hate and may even support it if they are told the concept, rather than the tagline.
Yep, a lot of people are dumb pack animals.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I hope people are understanding the purpose of his tweeting now. Distract the media and public with outrageous bullshit that he'll never follow up on while the GOP Congress does the actual work of destroying the country.

To be fair, this isn't the kind of story that gets distracted from since it is trending on Twitter and such.

Pizoxuat

This is part of why I have an appointment to get a 10 year IUD. I am not the only woman I know who is looking into long term or permanent birth control after the election.

RPGCrazied

Cruz-Ad-Trump-Pro-Choice.jpg

Really now?

Otnopolit

This is part of why I have an appointment to get a 10 year IUD. I am not the only woman I know who is looking into long term or permanent birth control after the election.

This is a good idea, I'm going to suggest this to her.

You guys are right, gotta keep my head above water when it comes to politics and rights these days.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Its curious to see to see an unshackled GOP. For years their posturing has just been a curiosity. No real cause for reaction from voters. Now that they can attempt to bring forth all the ridiculous bills that have been mulling for years, we'll see how right leaning Americans will truly feel about their votes when vital services begin being stripped away. Unfortunately they've dragged down the logical side of this country.

alternade

Sales of wire hangers to sky rocket? jk

Seriously though, safe and legal abortions need to happen as a fundamental right. Women are going to have this procedure whether is legal or not.

LiK

Sales of wire hangers to sky rocket? jk

Seriously though, safe and legal abortions need to happen as a fundamental right. Women are going to have this procedure whether is legal or not.

or just have unwanted kids that will end up in broken homes or go straight for adoption.

Not

Banned

My wife's getting one too this month. Fuck these jerkoffs and the world they created that refuses to see women as human.

Abortion rate is about to skyrocket the more they fuck with contraception.

So fucking infuriating that the most powerful country on the planet is so ass backwards when it comes to women's health and sex ed. Thanks, Christianity.

Madness

Just stupid. A country that decries low birth rates and hates abortion and yet at every turn makes it tough for women to secure birth control and contraceptives, won't push for full wage equality or quality maternity benefits, won't provide low cost adequate health care. Women used planned parenthood for more than abortions.

The cost of planned parenthood is a pittance compared to the cost of air conditioning for commissioned officers in Afghanistan, weapons for Israel. Just dumb. And when it is their own wives, daughters, sisters, these hypocrite GOP spare no expense on healthcare or secret abortions or whatnot.

I can believe this.

America, in summary.

We knew this was coming. Don't just complain about it, do something about it:

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12913&12913.donation=form1

If only people had helped mobilize voters in November we wouldn't have to be here doing this. There's going to be a donation or petition every month for the next 4 years for something the GOP is trying to fuck up or fuck with.

We fucked up.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Evil ignorant fucks. And these are the people you Americans have given full control of your country. How could you? Anyone who agrees with and wants this if either fucking evil or a fucking idiot.

Any Trumpers want to defend this?

No, joke accounts like Diablos won't dare show up to wring their dainty little hands in a thread like this, or if they're feeling ballsy enough, they'll chide us for overreacting, or misinterpreting what's being presented. They're the online defense force for fascists and terrorists. They like their anonymous place at the boots of the scumbags they consider their betters.

rjinaz

No, joke accounts like Diablos won't dare show up to wring their dainty little hands in a thread like this, or if they're feeling ballsy enough, they'll chide us for overreacting, or misinterpreting what's being presented. They're the online defense force for fascists and terrorists. They like their anonymous place at the boots of the scumbags they consider their betters.

They are too busy whacking it to the reactions. The more pissed off libtards are the happier they are. Why post? It would just derail their enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom