• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Nyx

Importing 40 teams at once worked, saved the data afterwards, restarted the game and now importing the other 39 teams at once.
After that I still need to import all the numbered ''bin'' files.

Game takes forever to load everytime I restart though, wonder if it's the PES servers or that OF that is causing it.

edit: Hamburg is missing in the original file, here is the bin :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vdw0p61d6328ucp/hamburg.bin

Someone posted detailed instructions on the pesgaming forums:

- Put the stuff on your USB, plug USB in PS4 go to edit mode
- Go to import teams and now start working in batches
- ONLY select files without an underscore "_" in front of the name, select for instance first only the files which start with "06"
- DON'T SELECT ANY OF THE DETAILED OPTIONS, just choose next.
- Wait for importing to finish and go back to main menu
- Not sure if you need to restart the game at this point in time
- Do another round like this until you reach the bottom of the team list
- THEN REIMPORT ALL THE GERMAN TEAMS AGAIN and ONLY select the second option in the detailed options screen (players & squads) as this will overwrite all the players in those imported teams. Since the German league is totally absent, this only needs to be done for the German League.

Nyx

It worked now with those above mentioned instructions.

I did 40 club files first and then the other 40 (including Hamburg).
Then I did all 44 numbered bin files.
No crashing this time. :)

GHG

Gold Member
Online is laggy and it's been shit for years..Typical Konami..

Mixed bag for me so far.

Some games have been horribly laggy but others have been smooth. To be honest anytime I play against someone and the connection lags constantly throughout the game I add them to my block list after.

Nyx

I've got the Bundesliga stuff now, kits and emblems and what not, but not the actual squad of players. How do I get that?

Import the German team files again but check the 2nd box in the detailed options screen after pressing ''next''. (after selecting the files)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Importing 40 teams at once worked, saved the data afterwards, restarted the game and now importing the other 39 teams at once.
After that I still need to import all the numbered ''bin'' files.

Game takes forever to load everytime I restart though, wonder if it's the PES servers or that OF that is causing it.

edit: Hamburg is missing in the original file, here is the bin :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vdw0p61d6328ucp/hamburg.bin

Someone posted detailed instructions on the pesgaming forums:
its the OF

Hedrush

Just got the game (PS4) and done the update, got passed the online info screen where it tells you about maintenance etc, and now I've just got a spinning blue icon bottom left and it's been like that for 10 minutes. What gives, if this normal?

Nyx

Just got the game (PS4) and done the update, got passed the info screen where it tells you about maintenance etc, and now I've just got a spinning blue icon bottom left and it's been like that for 10 minutes. What gives, if this normal?

Having the same problem, bet their servers are hammered.

Hasney

I've not had lag on PES for the last 2 years, so I'll probably be OK here.

I will choke a son of a bitch if it hasn't arrived today though.

Hedrush

Having the same problem, bet their servers are hammered.

I signed out of PSN and it's loaded to the menus pretty much immediately.

Edit: I signed back in to PSN to do the live update and it just hung again on the spinning icon. Guess I'll stay signed out for now.

OCD Guy

its the OF

I can confirm 100% that it is the servers.

Whilst connected to the internet, loading screens have two circles, one for loading the actual game, the other for loading of connection to server.

If you disconnect from the internet the game loads very quickly, and you only have one loading circle.

Anyone is welcome to test it right now. Disconnect ps4 from internet and load pes 2017.

Anyone on Xbox picking this up?

Yep. Pre-ordered the HK version on Tuesday, but didn't start any of the modes as the roster update wasn't out, so spent last night editing team names, going through the training mode and had a quick online match, which was a bit laggy, but I won and the experience was alright. Going to do some basic edits on team kits (get the colours and basic design right) tonight and start a Master League campaign.

SpaceHorror

I played 1 match of the PC demo, graphics are rough as always on PC but the gameplay feels great, goalkeepers are far better than in '16. Here are a few non-fullHD screenshots.

I don't want to give Konami a pass, cause it's shameful they don't put the current gen version on PC, but that doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I'd say if the gameplay is the same it's better to get the PC version over Xbone if you don't have a PS4 so you can get OF.

Plus all the mods that'll be coming in the future.

Really tempted to buy PES again this year. Last year I decided to buy PES but ended up selling it after 4 weeks because of the roster update "problems". Bought FIFA again but I didn't played and liked it that much.
At the moment I am not able to test the FIFA 17 demo, but I heard the gameplay is quite similar to FIFA 16 (not intrested in the journey/FUT mode, I only play the career mode).

But is it possible in PES2017, to import the complete Bundesliga into the Master League? (PS4 Version)

Try the demo, I've been hearing good things about it and I tend to stick to career mode as well (with some online matches too).

Nyx

Had to change the competition structure of the PEU league and switch the 4 missing German teams from ''Other European Clubs'' to the Bundesliga, but now everything is fine.

Did notice though that Southampton was still called Red Hampshire or something so you will need to edit that yourself. (and add the emblem too)

Had to change the competition structure of the PEU league and switch the 4 missing German teams from ''Other European Clubs'' to the Bundesliga, but now everything is fine.

Did notice though that Southampton was still called Red Hampshire or something so you will need to edit that yourself. (and add the emblem too)

Which one are you using?

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Is there a way to completely change controls to fit FIFA defaults? I know there is controller Type 2, but that keeps R1 as jockey instead of L2 as it is in FIFA etc. So a total overhaul rather than just swapping circle/square

Hedrush

Is there a way to completely change controls to fit FIFA defaults? I know there is controller Type 2, but that keeps R1 as jockey instead of L2 as it is in FIFA etc. So a total overhaul rather than just swapping circle/square

There a custom option under type 2.

There is a custom control option that will allow you to assign all of the buttons.

Lashley

Going to try the PC demo now. Hopefully it plays the same as it did on Xbox.

Btw, is a PC OF out yet?

Double D

Thanks. And silly question but how does one perform skills? Right analog doesn't work like in FIFA. And trick shots? (e.g. bicycle kick when cross comes in behind you)

I'm a Fifa guy playing this as well. For skill moves, the right stick behaves somewhat the same way as Fifa, but it seems like it requires an input from the left stick (direction to exit) to register. Say you're running left to right. Let go of everything (like for a split second), then flick the right stick to the right, then immediately flick the left stick to the left. That's one example, but try variations on that. Like try spinning the right stick in a half circle, then, flick the left stick in a direction.

Definitely feels different, but as I get the hang of it more and more it seems to actually make more sense than fifa skills. I'm sure someone with a bit more experience can probably give some better insight.

Lashley

Going off one match, I can't notice any gameplay differences.

The graphics are bad. Especially the pitch. though surely there'll be mods for PC? Even sweet FX might fix it

Lashley

Going off one match, I can't notice any gameplay differences.

The graphics are bad. Especially the pitch. though surely there'll be mods for PC? Even sweet FX might fix it

Second an OF is out, I'm getting it.

Playing this really highlights how bad FIFA's AI is, and how much I hate it's defending.

Lashley

You reckon you will pick the full game up?

Yep, just going to wait on an OF for PC

The graphics aren't amazing, but they're passable. Probably be a patch for it.

I HOPE they do another patch where the FIFA commentary is in this, was amazing for PES 15

Nyx

Does this have full Championship kits?

Nope, just the emblems.

But if another OF releases with the Championship clubs, you can easily select those files and add them to your already existing edit data. You don't have to do everything all over again.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
For previous PC players, how long does it take to release reshade mods e.g. SweetFX? Any other good mods? I see Lashley has mentioned a commentary mod above

Hedrush

Thanks. And silly question but how does one perform skills? Right analog doesn't work like in FIFA. And trick shots? (e.g. bicycle kick when cross comes in behind you)

Skills are dependent on the players individual rating and ability but some basic skills can be done with the right analog stick for every player. If you select a player then press triangle and scroll to page 4 you'll see a list of that players skills and playing styles if they have any. Trick shots are pulled off automatically depending where your player is relative to the ball and his momentum at the time you press the shoot button I believe.

heringer

For previous PC players, how long does it take to release reshade mods e.g. SweetFX? Any other good mods? I see Lashley has mentioned a commentary mod above

The game looks almost exactly like PES16, so you can just apply the SweetFX/Reshade settings that were made for that game.

Yep, just going to wait on an OF for PC

The graphics aren't amazing, but they're passable. Probably be a patch for it.

I HOPE they do another patch where the FIFA commentary is in this, was amazing for PES 15

I found one that just does PL for now but is from the dodgiest site and has a weird installer but I scanned it and it was fine. So I installed that and it worked. Hopefully a proper one comes out soon

Bumhead

Banned
Nope, just the emblems.

But if another OF releases with the Championship clubs, you can easily select those files and add them to your already existing edit data. You don't have to do everything all over again.

Interesting to know.

I've got the PES Universe file which does have Championship kits, but no Bundesliga, but then this has Bundesliga and no Championship kits..

If I can mix the two.. great stuff!

Nyx

edit: Okay it does seem that if you turn ''live updates'' on before you start a match, the game will overwrite the Bundesliga squads with the original PEU League squads.

Interesting to know.

I've got the PES Universe file which does have Championship kits, but no Bundesliga, but then this has Bundesliga and no Championship kits..

If I can mix the two.. great stuff!

Should work fine, you might have to edit the Championship teams manually (not sure) but if that is the worst!

Robaperas

I've got the PS4 version but I was expecting ugly ass player models on the PC version with everyone saying it uses last gen assets. Those screenshots look pretty good to me.

I guess the player models are the same but the pitch, stands, crowds, etc are from the last-gen version.

8y5j39O.png

The fourth official looks like a current-gen model, the guy in the suit looks like a sad PES 6 player, looking at the players wanting to look as detailed as them.

Top Bottom