• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

The ethernet system transfer was surprisingly smooth, no issues at all.

And I can confirm that if your primary console is some other PS4 in your house (for game sharing), you can do the transfer from the non-primary to the pro, choose not to activate the pro, and it works exactly as it should.

God, I am... so jealous.

Oh my god, someone help me. I've been working on this for over two hours.

Whenever I start the transfer, I'm met with with:

"Cannot connect to the server within the time limit.
There might have been a problem in connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy.
(NE-31175-7)"

PLEASE HELP. I'm met with this no matter how I do it (connecting directly, connecting through router, etc.). I have to get this transferred over. I'm supposed to be selling my old PS4 to a friend.

Mooseiah

Neo Member
Have an LG 4KTV (65UF6450) that is HDMI deep color compatible, but not HDR, at least in the current standard. Plugged into HDMI 1 with the included cable, and HDMI deep color enabled on my TV with 2160p YUV420 selected results in an amazing picture with great colors. Switching from 2160p YUV420 to 2160p RGB results in a very washed out, grey image, at least in comparison. Looks far worse although from my reading I would have expected an improvement. Any ideas here?

Seems a couple other users are having similar issues, software bug perhaps?

God, I am... so jealous.

Are you able to try it on a different router? Can you borrow one from a friend temporarily just to get the transfer done? Have you tried connecting both PS4s to the Internet via Wifi, and then directly connecting the ethernet cable between the 2 consoles?

Or maybe take the 2 consoles to your friend's house and do it there?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Trade up completed at EB Games in Canada and I got the mysterious $449 base price as well. I traded in one PS4 game and a stack of PS3 games, so maybe that was it.

Looking forward to the SATA3 speeds with my SSD.

I've been playing my PS4 through my 4K monitor anyway, so it'll be nice for the system to take advantage of that now.

Is HDR supposed to look so...washed out? I turned it on in DEMD and it seemed more colorful before.

I struggled with this a bit when playing with HDR on my set

Here's what I gathered

1. HDR implementation varies from game to game, so the affect on brightness and colour saturation will vary here
2. Your TV will apply picture settings to HDR differently. You may need to play with contrast and black levels (many find dynamic looks good but it can crush blacks) to find something appealing to you. The annoying thing is you may have to manually change the mode back when not playing in HDR
3. Many people's sets are not properly calibrated and use a lot of out of the box post processing enhancement, which means you may be used to oversaturated colours and artificially bright image. HDR increases the colour range but it's actual intention is not to make reds redder, rather it should increase the difference between light and dark and allow for more detail and accuracy

After a 10 hour wait for my OG PS4 backup to restore, I could finally start playing - I love it. Almost silent when a disc isn't inserted, and Ratchet & Clank looks absolutely incredible even at 1080p.

I had one worrying moment when starting Infamous Second Son, where it appeared the Pro tried to change video output on my TV for some reason - the screen went black and then said something along the lines of "Unsupported video source" or similar.

I thought no problem, I'll just restart, but the most worrying thing was the console would do nothing in this state. It was on, but the controller stopped responding, and pressing the power button on the Pro did nothing. Pressing eject made a beeping noise but didn't eject the disc. The controller also wouldn't connect via USB cable and just kept flashing as it does when it can't find the correct system to pair with.

In the end I had to power the console off at the wall, which I hate doing for obvious reasons, but there was no other way to restart it. Switched it back on, it checked the drive and all seems fine now, including Infamous.

Kinda worrying though. Hopefully just a one-off bug of some sort which won't happen again.

Yea I love people acting like their Pro is more silent than others when they're not even mentioning what it sounds like when popping a game disc in. It's still way better than the OG but it definitely starts gearing up when playing from a disc, I don't care who you are.

Lucifon

Why are download speeds on PS4 still so screwed. Takes pausing and resuming repeatedly to get a reasonable speed. On a 250 meg connection with the ps4 pro getting 100% WiFi signal and 149 meg in the speedtest it's absolutely not hitting that speed downloading.

Used to have identical issues at my old place with a 13 meg connection, different router, console etc. Only it was less noticeable on the slower connection but now it's obvious how bugged it is. I remember this was introduced in an update, 2.0 I believe, still never been fixed.

Okay so I'm really confused and need some help. In the video options on the system, under Video output Information, its gives me a bunch of info.

Resolution 3840 x 2160 - 60 Hz
Color Format YUV420
HDR on Your TV Only 2K Supported

Your TV might support a higher quality color format and 4K HDR if you change its settings. Check your TVs settings.

HDCP 2.2

I have the Sony XBR49X800D that everyone recommended and is really popular. What do I do to get 4K HDR working on this TV? Which settings? I'm so confused.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Okay so I'm really confused and need some help. In the video options on the system, under Video output Information, its gives me a bunch of info.

Color Format YUV420

Your TV might support a higher quality color format and 4K HDR if you change its settings. Check your TVs settings.

HDCP 2.2

I have the Sony XBR49X800D that everyone recommended and is really popular. What do I do to get 4K HDR working on this TV? Which settings? I'm so confused.

Try turning HDCP off from the System settings and see if that lets you choose 4K. That's what some people have reported.

OutlawJim

Neo Member
Yeah I think this seems to be the issue for me too. I played it just now in Enhanced Visuals mode and it played fine, longer than it has yet. It's super annoying because the 4k mode looks so good on my 1080p screen. Ive tweeted Square Enix Europe and will report back if I hear anything.

Also some guy on the Square Enix forums is reporting the same: 4k mode, 1080p screen and crashes.

Just confirmed crashing happening with High Framerate mode too, same checkerboard pattern. Still only Tomb Raider, it's so bizarre.

Nope still says on the PS4

:( I thought this TV worked perfectly with the Pro?

Is it hooked up directly to the TV?
Have you tried different inputs on the tv?
Have you checked to see if you have to manually enable full HDR in picture settings? (This is the case on most Samsung's - HDR/UHD colour has to be enabled)

Is the Knack patch out?

Yup it looks quite nice. Tried it last night

Are you able to try it on a different router? Can you borrow one from a friend temporarily just to get the transfer done? Have you tried connecting both PS4s to the Internet via Wifi, and then directly connecting the ethernet cable between the 2 consoles?

Or maybe take the 2 consoles to your friend's house and do it there?

I haven't tried a different router, that's a good idea. I did try the wifi method but not on a separate network so maybe that's partly responsible. I could take it to the friend who's buying it from me and try to transfer it there...

RavenHawk

I was going to wait a while and see how impressions were a few months after launch, but I have the opportunity to p/u a Pro for $336 (tax included)...I have seen quite a few complaints about the system noise, but it does not seem to be consistent. For those with a noticeably "loud" system, has it calmed down since the initial setup, or does it seem to be isolated to certain games? I'd like to jump in, but after having the PS4 leaf blower edition, I am very leary.

Any input would be appreciated.

jonno394

Color Format YUV420

HDCP 2.2

Firmware up to date? Enhanced hdmi/uhd colour/whatever the sony equivalent is called turned on on the settings/picture settings?

zarnold56

I am going to have to take mine back it looks like. I cannot get it to boot out of rest mode. It will just blink the blue light and never get any further. I have let it sit for 20 minutes, removed all cords besides power, re-initialized it back to default firmware and no matter what it will not boot. Frustrating.

SeanR1221

Came home expecting my data to be restored on the pro.

It's in rest mode.

Turn it on. Still getting a black screen.

Come the fuck on

Is the 2TB 2.5" Firecuda available anywhere in the US at the moment? Every online retailer I looked at says out of stock.

I ordered one from Newegg yesterday and it's set to be delivered tomorrow. Looks like it's out of stock now, but so far the only place I've seen getting stock has been Newegg. I'd keep my eye on there.

GazzaGSi

Yea I love people acting like their Pro is more silent than others when they're not even mentioning what it sounds like when popping a game disc in. It's still way better than the OG but it definitely starts gearing up when playing from a disc, I don't care who you are.

People's perception of the noise from the Pro will vary. I've played infinite warfare all day (disc not digital) and didn't even notice a sound from the machine. I'm sat at a pc desk with the Pro on a lower shelf so not like it's the other side of the room and no sound distracted me at all.

Nursezero

Color Format YUV420

HDCP 2.2

I have the 43 inch x800d. This is from rtings:
To get the sharpest text while using the TV as a PC monitor, change the 'HDMI signal format' to 'Enhanced format' and use the 'Game' or 'Graphics' picture mode. To get there, hit the 'Home' button on the remote, scroll down to 'Settings' then 'External inputs' and 'HDMI signal format'. This is also necessary if you are planning to use an HDR Blu-ray players or an HDR ready game console.

Also, use hdmi 2 or 3. This method allowed 2/4K HDR. Hope this helps

Kevin

Does Rise of the Tomb Raider currently support HDR on PS4 Pro? Can somebody with a copy of the game, PS4 Pro and 4K HDR tv confirm this?

Aces&Eights

Why are download speeds on PS4 still so screwed. Takes pausing and resuming repeatedly to get a reasonable speed. On a 250 meg connection with the ps4 pro getting 100% WiFi signal and 149 meg in the speedtest it's absolutely not hitting that speed downloading.

Used to have identical issues at my old place with a 13 meg connection, different router, console etc. Only it was less noticeable on the slower connection but now it's obvious how bugged it is. I remember this was introduced in an update, 2.0 I believe, still never been fixed.

There probably a million people all waking up today and trying to redownload their games to the pro. Id suspect Sony servers are being taxed this weekend.

Memnoch

I'm running the pro through a denon 3100 4k receiver to an lg uf6450 4k tv. The receiver is on pass through. Will it affect any of the 4k info the pro is detecting?

People's perception of the noise from the Pro will vary. I've played infinite warfare all day (disc not digital) and didn't even notice a sound from the machine. I'm sat at a pc desk with the Pro on a lower shelf so not like it's the other side of the room and no sound distracted me at all.

I'm sorry but I can't believe that there is absolutely no sound coming from your PS4 Pro when playing from disc. The nature of the disc drive in itself is going to create sound no matter what. It may not be very loud, but there is sound when a disc starts spinning, whether you notice it or not.

Skenzin

Banned
With all this election stuff I forgot about my preorder on Amazon, packed it up and returned it this morning. :( After much internal debate. Really enjoy my PS4 but couldn't justify the cost with Scorpio coming out next year.

Allforce

I saw a thread awhile ago about transferring data between an old PS4 and a Pro, well I just bought one and can't find the thread so I'm asking here.

I think that video said you can just hook the two up via LAN cable, but is that the requirement or do the two PS4's just have to be on the same network? I can hook one up in the living room via wifi and the Pro in my office via LAN directly to my router, is it possible to transfer that way or do I need both directly connected?

IF it's a pain in the ass I'll just do the cloud upload thing and wipe my old PS4 and download what I need. All I really want to keep is my Rocket League and Street Fighter V data.

Top Bottom