• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was cracking up when I watched this the other night. Jon Stewart (and his writers) knocked it out of the park with that segment.

Not sure if there's a more apt example of 'brainwashing' than what Fox does. Also not sure how the fuck they sleep at night while knowingly being so duplicitous and deceptive to the American public.

Miletius

Hah. You know the more politically savvy Republicans like McConnell are going nuts right about now. I think we'll somewhat of a schism form before too long; the GOP in large part agrees with the amendment but they sure don't want that to be a focus as the election nears.

It plays well in some parts of Missouri which is why he's doing it. He's using it as a cudgel to bash McCaskill, who I am afraid is in a lot of trouble here.

Not sure if there's a more apt example of 'brainwashing' than what Fox does. Also not sure how the fuck they sleep at night while knowingly being so duplicitous and deceptive to the American public.

Their pillows and mattresses are stuffed with shredded hundred dollar bills.

Yeah, the key to understanding Fox is to realize that it is first and foremost a for-profit business. The big consumers of cable news are old retired white people. So they produce an edutainment product that is directed to give that audience what they want to hear. Any resemblance to journalism is incidental.

Cloudy

Banned
WTF so the right-wingers think Obama killed Breitbart now? I usually listen to Michael Savage on the way home for laughs and that's all he and his callers were talking about lol

PS: RIP to the guy. As vile as he was politically, no one should just drop dead at 43

Tamanon

Banned
WTF so the right-wingers think Obama killed Breitbart now? I usually listen to Michael Savage on the way home for laughs and that's all he and his callers were talking about lol

PS: RIP to the guy. As vile as he was politically, no one should just drop dead at 43

What better way to celebrate Breitbart's end than with horrible lies?

Averon

The rightwing thinking Obama killed Breitbart was the most predictable outcome from his death. Let me guess...Obama killed Breibart to prevent the release of the super secret college tapes that will ruin Obama!!!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hah. You know the more politically savvy Republicans like McConnell are going nuts right about now. I think we'll somewhat of a schism form before too long; the GOP in large part agrees with the amendment but they sure don't want that to be a focus as the election nears.

I agreed mostly, but then I remembered that McConnell might forgo being tactical in favor of being a tremendous asshole, but I guess not:

[Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.)], a member of the Senate Tea Party Caucus, said the Blunt measure is “just one aspect of ObamaCare. We need to keep reminding people that this bill is going to continue to intrude on our freedoms.

“We should take every chance to remind people the government is going after the Catholic Church and unless we repeal the whole thing, we’re going to keep getting this dribble of things, one after another,” he said.

He believes it is important for Republicans to repeatedly “connect the dots” between the healthcare reform law and new regulations, such as the recent one mandating coverage of contraception.

http://dailykos.com/story/2012/03/0...e-Care-Act-repeal-votes-this-year-?via=blog_1

Amir0x

Banned
Mitt Romney is so clearly aching hard to be president and running so awkwardly to try to pretend to be as absurdly conservative as the Republican base currently demands that he literally can't keep the cover story straight. Everything he says right now is basically a flip flop from who he really is, and that's a tough job trying to be someone you're not every second of every day.

He really does set a new record for flip flopping.

God damn i am getting sick of every fucking youtube ad being republican super PAC ads.

I'm having trouble seeing how it could get even more annoying by september than it already is.

God damn i am getting sick of every fucking youtube ad being republican super PAC ads.

I'm having trouble seeing how it could get even more annoying by september than it already is.

It's the Whitman effect. At least be thankful the money spent by these SuperPACs will actually be stimulating the economy.

Limbaugh is such a dirtbag. Wow @ his comments

But people told me it was all about freedom of religion, not birth control.

BTW . . . what is it with all these guys hating on birth control? Don't they like to get laid? Or are they all bitter old men that don't get laid and thus don't feel anyone else should?

Talk about hatin' the player!

Zzoram

BTW . . . what is it with all these guys hating on birth control? Don't they like to get laid? Or are they all bitter old men that don't get laid and thus don't feel anyone else should?

Naw, they like getting laid, they just feel that the women they screw should be forced to bear their children. Rush is probably bitter about none of his 4 wives giving him a child.

Rush has been married 4 times & made 0 babies
*beaten

Nert

I wasn't sure as to what would be the appropriate place to post this, but I guess this thread works. I just found out that I passed the Foreign Service Officer Test, which is neat! Assuming that the subsequent steps of the application process go smoothly, there will be a GAF member (and a lurker of this thread) slowly climbing the ranks of the State department. Is anyone else here pursuing this program or something similar?

cousins

I wasn't sure as to what would be the appropriate place to post this, but I guess this thread works. I just found out that I passed the Foreign Service Officer Test, which is neat! Assuming that the subsequent steps of the application process go smoothly, there will be a GAF member (and a lurker of this thread) slowly climbing the ranks of the State department. Is anyone else here pursuing this program or something similar?

I can't say I am myself, but congratulations man.

If the GOP was smart they should obviously ditch the contraception bull, and swing back on the obama health care mandate, which is something alot of voters on both sides dissaprove of. Heck Ohio one of the most important swing states during that union stripping bill debate rejected it by alot.

Al-ibn Kermit

^But then they'd "give up" on an issue that they raised a huge stink about in an election year. They've gone as far as saying that that this infringes on religious freedom so clearly they're committed to it whether or not they want to be.

Congratulations...

...what is that job exactly? All wiki tells me is that you'll work in embassies and consulates.

WAIT Breittbart was the dude that had the Obama college tape?! Holy conspiracy theory... That's going to run in chain emails and talkradio forever. But seriously are we still going to get it?

WAIT Breittbart was the dude that had the Obama college tape?! Holy conspiracy theory... That's going to run in chain emails and talkradio forever. But seriously are we still going to get it?

I googled obama college tape and got this.

I cannot wait to see obama exposed as a black nationalist drug dealer in a homosexual relationship with a terrorist group.

Someone from the site was on Hannity's show tonight; he said the tapes will be released in 7-10 days

So they have a week to try to figure out how to create some crazy narrative to fluff up whatever tapes they have of Obama being a typical dumb young college kid into the Manchurian candidate.

If they really had something why wouldn't they just release it?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So they have a week to try to figure out how to create some crazy narrative to fluff up whatever tapes they have of Obama being a typical dumb young college kid into the Manchurian candidate.

If they really had something why wouldn't they just release it?

It would likely even stir more in the press since it would be blindsiding.

We thought he was vulnerable until the primary actually started.

Indeed. Now all the "up in the air" states will look at the Repub nomination "either Romney or Santorum), see the economy has gotten better, and vote for Obama overwhelmingly. I don't even see NH going Romney if he's the nominee at this point. I think Obama will win by at least 20 electoral votes.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Indeed. Now all the "up in the air" states will look at the Repub nomination "either Romney or Santorum), see the economy has gotten better, and vote for Obama overwhelmingly. I don't even see NH going Romney if he's the nominee at this point. I think Obama will win by at least 20 electoral votes.

If the public sees the economy improving and moving in the right direction, the election will not even be close.

Obama needs to once again at least threaten to investigate oil speculators.

If the public sees the economy improving and moving in the right direction, the election will not even be close.

Obama needs to once again at least threaten to investigate oil speculators.

Oil prices will go down in the fall, the economy will be its best by August, and, come one, ROMNEY will be the nominee. Obama is going to RAPE Romney in debates.

Obama has this on lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom