• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santorum looking strong. If he can just pull out a second place in Colorado...hmm

No wonder the Romney folks freaked out over the WaPo/ABC poll. Romney's entire argument is based on electability. If he loses that, other candidates (ie Santorum) can get a second chance.

Brinbe

So weird to see all that Romney "momentum" take another dive. This whole primary season just continues to get odder.

And I know Santorum did work in these states, but it's not like Romney did nothing either.

Mike M

Nick N
Wow, Santorum is leading in all three contests tonight. Gonna be a laugh riot to see the reaction from Romney's camp if he comes up empty handed tonight.

Wonder if Gingrich will manage another resurgence if Romney and his surrogates start after Santorum...

Tamanon

Banned
It's funny that even after being banished to Community for trying to be an uber-thread, we still have all the primary talk in here instead of a separate thread.

Miletius

It's funny that even after being banished to Community for trying to be an uber-thread, we still have all the primary talk in here instead of a separate thread.

I don't think there's enough general interest in these smaller primaries and cacuses to generate their own thread.

It would be truly LOL worthy if Santorum even gets close in Colorado tonight. I can see him taking Minnesota and well, Missouri is all spoken for already, but Colorado would be crazy kinds of special.

Averon

Holyshit!! Santorum going 3 for 3 tonight? Wasn't Romeny suppose to win Colorado?

Obama must be laughing his ass off right night.

I'm about ten minutes away from home. I can throw a thread up in the ot if you guys think there should be one, but I get the feeling that there's not a huge amount of demand for up to the minute news in non-binding caucuses in Missouri?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

I take some of the blame, i've been busy with class and forgot to make a new thread.

i actually think santorum is a much better candidate than romney. i think republicans would have a better chance with him, he is way more relate-able.

All Obama would have to do is roll tape on Santorum talking about a federal ban on contraception. The man is toxic, and I think the establishment would probably try to act to keep him from the nomination of it came to that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, there are 3 states being covered today, yet even CNN is displaying absolutely no excitement whatsoever.

Chumly

Very crazy that the Santorum surge is coming back into play now. I wonder how long before romney sets his sights on him and Gingrich comes roaring back

Wow, there are 3 states being covered today, yet even CNN is displaying absolutely no excitement whatsoever.
not much excitement here either, I remember when I could reload every 30 seconds and there be new replies.

But seriously what did Santorum did? he is going 3 for 3 tonight, do people not like romney anymore?

twitter feed: Worth keeping in mind: In MO GOP primary four years ago, turnout was 580,000. Tonight so far, it's at about 120,000, with 44% reporting.

yikes

Nah, I don't think it's a general interest sort of thing? All the delegate-counters are in here.

Risky strategy.

They might downgrade us to the other forum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

twitter feed: Worth keeping in mind: In MO GOP primary four years ago, turnout was 580,000. Tonight so far, it's at about 120,000, with 44% reporting.

yikes

The GOP sure is excited to get rid of Obozo!

not much excitement here either, I remember when I could reload every 30 seconds and there be new replies.

But seriously what did Santorum did? he is going 3 for 3 tonight, do people not like romney anymore?

50-60% of Republicans have never liked Romney. Anybody but Mitt has just shifted back to Santorum

When did they start liking him? Republicans tried to trick themselves into thinking Gingrich could debate just because they don't want Romney.

benjipwns

Banned
Even in the Republican Primary, how in the world is Romney favored to win Michigan?
His dad was Governor. And is still pretty fondly remembered.

yikes
Four years ago the Missouri primary was awarding delegates, this is just a non-binding straw poll.

The caucus to decide the 52 Missouri delegates is March 17th.

Ecotic

This election year quite frankly is sleepy. In 2008 you had an open election, people dying for a new President, and the best political personalities around running for the nomination. It was pretty amazing in retrospect.

This year people are about evenly split on wanting a new President (more or less), the Republican candidates are boring, and none are loved by their base.

Chumly

I know the Missouri primary is non-binding but Santorum is CRUSHING Romney there. If im not mistaken that will easily be the biggest spread so far.

Brinbe

I'm gonna enjoy Romney going negative on Santorum... that's really gonna turn out well for him. Especially considering that segment of the GOP base that he needs to win over and still don't trust him. Oh, it'll be fantastic.

Chumly

What the hell is the point of this, then? :mad:

LINK

When Republicans in Missouri head to the polls, they are voting in what is called a nonbinding primary. That means no matter who wins the popular vote, it will not determine who wins the state's 52 delegates -- three of whom are unpledged Republican National Committee delegates.

On March 17, Missouri Republicans will caucus in counties to elect congressional district and state convention delegates. Then on April 21, they will select 24 of the state's 52 delegates and award them to presidential candidates. And then on June 2, the Missouri GOP will meet in a statewide convention to choose the remaining delegates.

Republicans run on a platform of wasting taxpayers money which is why they are holding this primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom