• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

Yeah splitting the threads totally sucks. I actually thought the splitting of the threads had killed off the poligaf threads through confusion. I kept looking at the off-topic and wondering where'd poligaf go?

Same here. I kept scanning the OT for the Poligaf threads and couldn't find it for a couple of days. Guess the saying "nothing good last forever."

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Ok, what the hell is going on in Colorado, I did not expect the lead to stay as big as it is with over 40% reporting:

B56D4.png

Wasn't Romney favored to win? What happened? Did the poor people comments do that much damage (I know my parents hate the guy after hearing it, they are registered republicans).

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Santorum
42%

Romney
30%

Only 30% reporting but still... this is pretty funny.

EDIT

I guess it's still holding at a hight percentage reporting. :O

Did Romney just get Santorumed?

GhaleonEB

Just got online for the first time since the polls closed.

Holy shit (no pun intended)!!

I figured Santorum would take Missouri, but Romney didn't win one single county? I understand it's a convoluted beauty pageant, but still. And Minnesota and Colorado to boot?

I never thought the base would look so hard for an alternative to Romney that they'd turn to Santorum. They REALLY don't like Romney. 0_o

What an amazing, hilarious primary this is shaping up to be.

On a different note, Gallup had a pause in their polling data over the weekend, but it updated today. I've been checking there a bit more frequently latey, but particularly after the jobs reports, to see how the economic confidence tracker is moving. Since Friday's jobs report, it's moved 5 points up, to the best level since last February. Something to keep an eye on, since it tracks the official consumer confidence measures pretty closely.

Same here. I kept scanning the OT for the Poligaf threads and couldn't find it for a couple of days. Guess the saying "nothing good last forever."
I think in the future, we can keep talk about the primaries and such in here. Most of us are just posting in both threads. The OT can have the live-blogging of debates and such.

Ecotic

Why exactly was the megathread a problem anyway? This seems like a huge inconvenience that was completely unnecessary. I'm guessing it was a call made by one lone moderator or administrator who can't reverse himself for fear of admitting he was wrong.

Why exactly was the megathread a problem anyway? This seems like a huge inconvenience that was completely unnecessary. I'm guessing it was a call made by one lone moderator or administrator who can't reverse himself for fear of admitting he was wrong.
You're welcome to PM EviLore and express those thoughts to him. When he didn't create a separate thread for SOTU, I think he felt that PoliGAF had become too insular and all-encompassing.

Our punishment for devouring SOTU :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So Santorum's got a second chance at being the not-Romney nominee? Do your job media, and hype the shit out of this.

Matt

Romney just got bumped ahead, 37 to 35 with 50% in.

But...that may have just been most of Romney's best areas coming in at once.

Mike M

Nick N
ok ok, maybe the reason for the santorum is surge is voters to support the catholic after the recent obama admin controversy? #clutchingstraws

Except polling shows most American Catholics agree with the Obama administration...

I think it's just genuine Romney apathy coupled with Newt's fall leaving the anti-Romney contingent nowhere to turn

(ronpaulaloneinaroom.jpg)

GhaleonEB

was denver counted?

Yup. Nate's latest:

Mitt Romney got a decent result in Denver County, taking 40 percent of the vote there to Rick Santorum's 29 percent.

However, as was also the case in the Denver suburbs, turnout was down from 2008 -- 3,249 votes tonight versus 4,071 four years ago -- somewhat blunting the impact.

Mr. Romney now leads in CNN's vote count in Colorado, 37 percent to 35 percent.

However, the balance of the precincts yet to report in Colorado look slightly unfavorable to Mr. Romney. CNN's total does not include Colorado Springs, where Mr. Romney lost badly based on an account from the Denver Post. Meanwhile, most of the vote from Denver and its suburbs is accounted for.​
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...e-colorado-minnesota-and-missouri/#more-25693

bahahahahahaha jesus is this really happening

still thinking it'll be romney but man, this is so embarrassing. he's going to be severely damaged goods once the GE hits. this primary is going to have an ugly finish.

a lot of people are comparing romney 2012 to kerry 2004, but kerry got most democratic support after iowa/new hampshire, because he was "the one who can beat bush." that's not working for romney.

anyway the repub establishment is probably going to hammer santorum.

My best friend tried to make me listen to whatever Romney said about the gay marriage thing in CA earlier and for a good 10 seconds, I honestly thought it was Mitt Romney's voice but it was his text to speech thing on his Mac...

GhaleonEB

And they know it:

We picked up Santorum's big night, not nearly magnitude of it. This came from so far out of left field not sure any polling org would have

But I definitely see now why no one else wanted to poll this trio of states! We may be done trying to poll caucuses.​

https://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls

They were brave to even poll it, given all the variables. But they got burned in doing so.

watershed

Banned
Wow Santorum swept the night. I didn't expect that at all. Watching CNN they actually said some interesting things tonight about the primary and what this means for Romney.

Santorum got more votes in all three states than Romney got in the Nevada caucus, the win his team championed as a major victory. lol

Too bad Romney will now drown Santorum in negative ads

Against all odds, this primary has managed to remain highly entertaining.

Yeah, I thought this was all over. We hit a point where the NewtVotes+SantorumVotes < RomneyVotes with Florida and Nevada. And then BOOM, a huge surge of Santorum all over the midwest that will fertilize next year's crops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom