• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, CNN smuggled a team across the border of Syria in the middle of the night to get coverage. God damn...

CNN became so famous during the 1990s Middle East War due to its reporting from the front lines. It still has the best international reporting. It is sad to see how far their US based reporting has fallen though.

Charity Contributions of the candidates:

Washington Post: "President Obama and his wife, Michelle, despite having the second-lowest income of the four candidate/spouse combos, gave the highest percentage of their $1.8 million income to charity in 2010. He and Michelle gave 14.2% of their AGI, while the Romneys gave 13.8%."

"Santorum and Newt Gingrich, by comparison, gave very little of their income to charity. Gingrich and his wife, Callista, gave 2.6% of their $3.2 million income in 2010. Santorum and wife Karen, who made the least in 2010 (less than $1 million), also gave the lowest percentage of their income to charity, at 1.8%."

Paul Caron has charts detailing their charitable contributions,

jiggle

kekeke
santorum sure is popular here ;)

what's the deal with the sudden(?) hate on volt?
is this purely because Obama supports it?

Zabka

kekeke
santorum sure is popular here ;)

It's clean and it's made by GM, which Obama bailed out and I believe is now partially owned by unions.

So it's obviously the CAR OF SATAN.

Santorum: "Liberals are anti-science"
“It’s so funny that this party that criticizes the right for being anti-science, but when it comes to the management of the Earth, they are the anti-science ones!” the candidate declared. “We’re the ones who stand for science and technology and using the resources we have to make sure we have a quality of life in this country and maintain a good and stable environment.”
Bachmann: "GOP is extremely pro-women"
(CNN) - Former Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann on Sunday railed against critics who say the recent birth control controversy reflects a Republican Party that holds suppressive views toward women.

“There is no anti-women move whatsoever. The Republican Party is extremely pro-women,” Bachmann said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “What we saw was President Obama's signature piece of legislation, which is ‘Obamacare,’ demonstrated 3-D.”
GAF, where am i?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Waiting for the apologist Christian argument of, "not all Christians report their giving."

You didn't even tithe, Santorum. For shame.

That's absolutely ridiculous if he hasn't tithed and is out saying the things he is.

Yes . . . it is typical knee-jerk reactionary hatred. As Zabka pointed out, Obama pushed GM through bankruptcy so now GM is hated by Limbaugh and his minions.
But the Volt gets a double-dose of hate because it is one of those hippie tree-hugger electric cars! Fox News has an amazing hatred of the Volt.

Never mind that the electric-vehicle tax credit was signed by George Bush.
Never mind that the Volt project was started during the Bush administration and was driven by Bob Lutz, a notorious climate-change denier.

The hatred for the Volt is so strong that Bob Lutz finally wrote an article crying about how the right-wing irrationally hates his Volt. Well Bob, you reap what you sow.

Just a reminder that PBS is running their documentary on the Clinton administration right now.
I LOVE American Experience. Watch the episode they did on FDR. It's one of the best documentaries I've seen. I believe it's online too.

Watching the Bill Clinton episode on PBS right now. Couldn't watch it earlier 'cause wifey was watching The Bachelor (ug). Anyways, wowww.... And I thought the first 2 years of Obama were bad.

Chumly

Doesn't matter. His PACs have more $$$ than he could ever want from normal fundraising.

I dont think this is true at all. You can't pay campaign staff or travels expenses from PAC's. Considering the amount of money he is going through currently if he doesn't wrap the nomination up after super Tuesday it could be devastating to his financial campaign.

Chumly

Yes . . . it is typical knee-jerk reactionary hatred. As Zabka pointed out, Obama pushed GM through bankruptcy so now GM is hated by Limbaugh and his minions.
But the Volt gets a double-dose of hate because it is one of those hippie tree-hugger electric cars! Fox News has an amazing hatred of the Volt.

Never mind that the electric-vehicle tax credit was signed by George Bush.
Never mind that the Volt project was started during the Bush administration and was driven by Bob Lutz, a notorious climate-change denier.

The hatred for the Volt is so strong that Bob Lutz finally wrote an article crying about how the right-wing irrationally hates his Volt. Well Bob, you reap what you sow.

From the end of the article.......

Come on, you guys. Shape up! There’s plenty of legitimate fodder out there. Let’s leave the “invention of facts” to the left-wing climate-change alarmists.

That's absolutely ridiculous if he hasn't tithed and is out saying the things he is.

That's what it looks like. I hear that excuse a lot. But I really don't understand why you wouldn't report your tithing/offering. My church is pretty good about providing a "giving statement." It's not hard.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Classic Rove tactic - go after your opponents' strengths, claim them for yourself.

Actually it's accuse your opponents of your own biggest weakness. For GWB it was to accuse Kerry of being a coward that refused his duty. Of course.

If Rove gets in the ear of Romney, pretty soon we'll hear about how Obama was too kind to Wall-Street (oops), escalated tensions in the Middle East (well...), and fired a bunch of auto-workers through his bailouts (yes, but..).

It won't work, IMO. The strategy works better against a newcomer vs. an established candidate, but hey.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Have you guys heard of this Soledad O'Brien broad? She's been on fire the past couple of days with taking right wing guests to the woodshed.

She's also very cute too. I'd like to do things to her. <3

I LOVE American Experience. Watch the episode they did on FDR. It's one of the best documentaries I've seen. I believe it's online too.

Watching the Bill Clinton episode on PBS right now. Couldn't watch it earlier 'cause wifey was watching The Bachelor (ug). Anyways, wowww.... And I thought the first 2 years of Obama were bad.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/fdr/player/

Holy crap the FDR one is a 4 hour long work.

Have you guys heard of this Soledad O'Brien broad? She's been on fire the past couple of days with taking right wing guests to the woodshed.

Can you post a video of the woodsheddening?

I finished the Nixon one awhile ago, it was great. What a fascinating man

Jackson50

Not to mention clueless about history.
The US didn't jump into WWII not because FDR thought Hitler might turn out okay, but because isolationism was strong in congress (most prominently in the neutrality acts of the late 30s) and in the voting public.
Also, the US didn't exactly sat on sidelines until pearl harbor.
Of course. It's Rick Santorum. He's displayed a barefaced ignorance of history on numerous occasions. Newt must've tutored him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Uh oh, here comes more of that whole reality asshole with its blatant librul bias:

stimulusgraph-300x135.jpg

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/fdr/player/

Holy crap the FDR one is a 4 hour long work.

Can you post a video of the woodsheddening?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-pat-...-her-research-factually-wrong-and-ridiculous/

Cheebo

Banned

The Bill Clinton one is 4 hours too. I finished the first half of it and man, sometimes it hard to remember just how fantastic of a politician Bill Clinton is. That moment in the NH primary the doc showed where the woman was crying about her medical bills and he started crying, wow no politician on the field today could pull that off in that manner.

This 4 hour Clinton epic so far is up there with the FDR and Nixon ones.

I watched her as a Bay Area local news reporter. She was good back then and continues to be good.

ToxicAdam

I watched the Clinton PBS show last night. It was very watchable and I highly recommend it to everyone that wasn't politically aware during that time. I would have liked it to be a little more wonky and less focused on scandals, but it's the Clinton era, what are you going to do?

Joe Klein really grates me when he is on. He comes across as the biggest sicophant I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom