• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Ha, clever!

If Ohio is not going to flip, and Romney realizes it's not going to flip, then his best chance is one all-out drive to flip Iowa. Go for a 269 tie and take his (good) chances in the House of Representatives:

Obama keeps Ohio, but it's 269 tie.

If Romney wants to chance it, he can split half his resources between Iowa and New Hampshire and go for the win:

Obama keeps Ohio, but loses Iowa and New Hampshire. Romney wins with 273.

Why do you think Bams is going all out with the early vote in Iowa? He's there tomorrow for his first post-debate appearance and has Springsteen showing up for an event on Thursday. He's got that shit locked.

From http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../why-the-early-vote-looks-good-for-democrats/

Iowa
The only state where we have a large amount of data is showing very good signs for Democrats. About 219,000 Iowans have cast early votes or absentee ballots (13.4 percent of the state’s 2008 turnout), and so far the breakdown is 53 percent Democratic and 28 percent Republican.

Republicans have been steadily narrowing that gap, but right now, Democrats are exceeding their 2008 early voting performance, when they carried the early vote by 18 points and President Obama won the state by nine points.

More than one-third of the vote in 2008 came from early voting, so if Democrats maintain their large edge in early voting, it’s going to be very tough for Republicans to win by enough on Election Day to make up for their early vote deficit.

That said, Republicans believe the trendline is important here, and they have been chipping away steadily at the Democrats’ lead, keeping it around a 50,000-voter edge over the last week. If they continue to chip away at this pace, they will lose the early vote by less than they did in 2008.

pigeon

Banned
Another Obama "green energy" company goes belly-up:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...a123-systems-files-bankruptcy.html?cmpid=yhoo

Have there been any successes that the government gave money to, or was Romney right in his "You don't just pick the winners and losers, you pick the losers" comment? Looking for some positives here.

Perfect nickname, too!

Less than 1% of stimulus-baked green companies have gone bankrupt, according to Mitt Romney...AFTER the debate.

Trakdown

If Ohio is not going to flip, and Romney realizes it's not going to flip, then his best chance is one all-out drive to flip Iowa. Go for a 269 tie and take his (good) chances in the House of Representatives:

If Romney wants to chance it, he can split half his resources between Iowa and New Hampshire and go for the win:

We're 3 weeks out, kinda late to switch strategies at this point. Plus, didn't Romney piss off Iowa by dissing wind power?

I have little faith in Cindy Crowley

she is dense as fuck, she is one of the bird-brains who believed that Palin would be a GOP Candidate this year when I was yelling all along that Palin cares too much about money, books, tv and money to waste away as a Presidential candidate.

Cindy Crowley is going to drop the ball tonight

Trakdown

I have little faith in Cindy Crowley

she is dense as fuck, she is one of the bird-brains who believed that Palin would be a GOP Candidate this year when I was yelling all along that Palin cares too much about money, books, tv and money to waste away as a Presidential candidate.

Cindy Crowley is going to drop the ball tonight
She's CNN. Of course she's gonna suck.

I can only imagine the shit eating grin on the media's face if this was to happen. What is the timeline for that vote if there is a tie?

She's CNN. Of course she's gonna suck.

I have the same sentiment. Here's my post from the debate thread:

It's not up to Obama. He will do well. He's proven that when he does slip up during a campaign, he rights his wrongs and comes out ahead.

And Romney will deliver a great performance once again. No one should expect otherwise. But it's not up to Romney either.

The outcome of this debate will be decided by the media. The same media that called the Biden/Ryan match a "draw" when it clearly wasn't. Assuming Obama and Romney both do well, which way will the media go? They love an underdog. They love a tight race. However, where does the race even stand right now? Electoral college favors Obama. Popular vote favors Romney. Obviously the election is decided by the EC but shouldn't the popular vote results be more important to networks like CNN because that's who their viewership is?

A big problem with "objective" networks is that they give too much validity to republicans without a plan. Instead of trying to be fair and balanced, they should be reminding viewers that one side has a plan and the other side is blowing hot air.

Candy Crowley is employed by CNN. I do not expect a fair match like the one moderated by Martha Raddatz. Do not expect a CNN employee to call out a republican for not being specific enough. CNN/NBC/ABC anchors and pundits will decide this debate, not the candidates or the braindead undecided electorate.

Ecotic

Finding a map that works for Romney like I did is very difficult and (at the moment) implausible. His only hope is a clear win in tonight's debate.

Really, tonight is the last call for both candidates.

Trakdown

Finding a map that works for Romney like I did is very difficult and (at the moment) implausible. His only hope is a clear win in tonight's debate.

Really, tonight is the last call for both candidates.
Yeah, I doubt Romney's going to make any headway in Foreign Policy.

Some of you guys need to grow a pair and have at least the smallest bit of confidence. If you cant support your guy in a debate go vote for the opponent. I wouldn't trust a guy whose campaign I couldn't trust to run my country.

EDIT- Fixed spelling errors, I was on the phone.

Loudninja

Some of you guys need to grow a pair and have at least the smallest bit of confindence. If you cant support your guy in a debate go vote for the opponet. I wouldnt trust a guy whose campagin I couldnt trust to run my country.
Thank you.

After ONE damn debate and people go crazy.

I don't understand how Romney can do anything to hurt Obama on foreign policy when nobody fucking cares about Libya or Iran.

Personalize it - reference this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3a0wlfImm8

I'm not sure how anyone could watch that video and not have second thoughts about voting for Obama. This makes it not about Libya, but how the administration treats people who are politically inconvenient.

I think the Romney campaign would have a tough time going there without looking like assholes for making Sean Smith's mother a political pawn, however.

I don't understand how Romney can do anything to hurt Obama on foreign policy when nobody fucking cares about Libya or Iran.

They care more about Libya than they do Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, or Russia.

People dislike this President.

This is the country that elected Bush for 8 years.

This is a very stupid country.

Personalize it - reference this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3a0wlfImm8

I'm not sure how anyone could watch that video and not have second thoughts about voting for Obama. This makes it not about Libya, but how the administration treats people who are politically inconvenient.

I think the Romney campaign would have a tough time going there without looking like assholes for making Sean Smith's mother a political pawn, however.

wat

from that point to "non-medical doctors aren't real doctors" and "obama doesn't want to be president anymore" I don't know what the fuck you're on lately.

Also why bother bringing up that point when you contradicted it in your same post by saying Romney wouldn't be able to capitalize on it without further resembling a smarmy politician.

Thank you.

You mean one damn debate that flipped a clear Obama victory into a close race? Let's be real. Being negative and being realistic are two distinct things. We're in a situation now where IF Obama loses tonight's debate, the election just might be over. That would be unfathomable just a three weeks ago.

There are three weeks left and multiple polls show the incumbent below 50%

Downhome

Thank you.

The reason for that is because of the incredible shift that one debate handed Romney, mixed with how laid back and seemingly uncaring about the entire process that Obama came across during the entire thing. They think, if he dropped the ball that badly, and it affected the campaign that much just from one debate, what could happen next with two more of those to sit through.

If I was supporting Obama, I'd be thinking the same way. I don't blame them at all. Tonight will go a long way to determine how people continue to react, and then the last debate, wow. No matter who wins tonight, I think those feelings will continue to be like that all the way up to election day. It may die down if Obama knocks it out the park tonight and in the next one though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You mean one damn debate that flipped a clear Obama victory into a close race? Let's be real. Being negative and being realistic are two distinct things. We're in a situation now where IF Obama loses tonight's debate, the election just might be over. That would be unfathomable just a three weeks ago.

There are three weeks left and multiple polls show the incumbent below 50%

What about the third debate?

Forever

Banned
People dislike this President.
His approval rating is still above 50 and still better than Romney even though Romney made some big gains after the debate.

Wisconsin has not gone red since Reagan.

New Hampshire is not going red, the Northeast has this shit locked down.

I think North Carolina is gone, unfortunately.

So the race basically comes down to NV, CO, IA, OH, VA, FL.

Obama's (9) Winning Combinations: OH/IA, FL, OH/VA, OH/NV, VA/IA, OH/CO, VA/NV, VA/CO, CO/NV/IA

Romney's (4) Winning Combinations: FL/OH/VA/CO, FL/OH/VA/NV, FL/OH/VA/IA, FL/OH/CO/NV/IA.

The Daily Kos/PPP poll shows Obama cratering through a three day period

Friday (38%) Obama 47, Romney 49
Saturday (39%) Obama 49, Romney 47
Sunday (24%) Obama 43, Romney 55

3rdman

I can't handle seeing Obama bomb another debate. Dear God in heaven, can't Kerry or Clinton just debate for him?

Jeez...Relax! Obama didn't rise to the most powerful position in the world without knowing what he was doing. Every man is allowed a fuck up and he's had his...He's got this.

pigeon

Banned

Yes, I immediately doubted my vote for Obama when I realized that his State department dissembled temporarily when talking to a civilian about a terrorist attack on a CIA installation. How dare they not put all the details up on the website immediately.

Seriously, all of your posts demonstrate that you either watch only Fox News or get emails only from people who watch Fox News.

HylianTom

Banned
His approval rating is still above 50 and still better than Romney even though Romney made some big gains after the debate.

Obama's (9) Winning Combinations: OH/IA, FL, OH/VA, OH/NV, VA/IA, OH/CO, VA/NV, VA/CO, CO/NV/IA

Romney's (4) Winning Combinations: FL/OH/VA/CO, FL/OH/VA/NV, FL/OH/VA/IA, FL/OH/CO/NV/IA.

Now, take into consideration the idea that Ohio is pretty much gone for Romney. Assuming 80% turnout (it was ~66% in 2008), he'd have to win the remaining vote by quite a large margin. Obama knows this, which is why he has the Big Dog, Springsteen, etc camped-out there this week.

Brinbe

Jeez...Relax! Obama didn't rise to the most powerful position in the world without knowing what he was doing. Every man is allowed a fuck up and he's had his...He's got this.

Seriously, can we at least wait until after the debate to excoriate the man? God, such needless defeatism.

dschalter

The Daily Kos/PPP poll shows Obama cratering through a three day period

Friday (38%) Obama 47, Romney 49
Saturday (39%) Obama 49, Romney 47
Sunday (24%) Obama 43, Romney 55

margin of error to the rescue.

Now, take into consideration the idea that Ohio is pretty much gone for Romney. Assuming 80% turnout (it was ~66% in 2008), he'd have to win the remaining vote by quite a large margin. Obama knows this, which is why he has the Big Dog, Springsteen, etc camped-out there this week.

why would there be 80% turnout? that happens very rarely these days and it certainly won't happen in ohio.

Nice summary. I agree on NC but NH may still be in play.

HylianTom

Banned
Seriously, can we at least wait until after the debate to excoriate the man? God, such needless defeatism.
Indeed.

I can see where folks may be convinced that Obama is headed for a popular vote defeat.. but the level of fear over the Electoral College is, at the moment, a bit overboard.

Trakdown

New Hampshire is not going red, them Northeast has this shit locked down.

NV is probably Obama's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom