• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Congrats, dude.

I was thinking the other day it'd be cool to have a PoliGAF blog where we each could put up articles and such. I'd think we'd have enough decent writers here to develop a good following after a while.

I'd be interested. I almost put together a blog last December, actually, mostly to post about the fiscal cliff, but I ran out of time before leaving town for Christmas. A lot of the articles would probably be reposts of the thread, though, or vice versa. (Or people would just post links to their OWN POSTS in the thread and we would reach maximum backpat and explode.)

Congrats!

I think this is a cool idea, but wouldn't that take some incentive out of posting here? I guess not if we're just re-posting news.

PoliGAF? Guess that's not allowed due to copyright stuff though.

Pft, it has to be something clever.

"Bad News for Liberals"

See, that's better!

Maybe a "bad news for Obama" works too.

RDreamer

I'd be interested. I almost put together a blog last December, actually, mostly to post about the fiscal cliff, but I ran out of time before leaving town for Christmas. A lot of the articles would probably be reposts of the thread, though, or vice versa. (Or people would just post links to their OWN POSTS in the thread and we would reach maximum backpat and explode.)

Yeah, I'm sure there would be reposts and/or links to posts. It'd just be nice to have a space to flesh out longer ideas and link to those ideas from outside this site. It's a bit weird linking someone to a gaming forum.

RDreamer

Shit, I barely even update my own blog.

Same here, lol. I mostly get a bug up my ass when I'm looking for jobs and realize that an updated blog with me talking about my design work looks pretty good. I'd probably write in it more if I opened up the topics to music and politics. That sounds pretty bad that I'd be more interested in blogging about other things that I don't do for a living, but it's probably true...

I would be interested in the blog idea too. I'm a decent writer (i will do it for a living, as a soon-to-be lawyer) despite my lazy posts here.

Yeah, I'm a decent writer when I try and write something thought out. Here I mostly swear, I suppose. Outside of this I've written novels, but also have an interest in writing more non-fiction type stuff.

I'd love to help out, but I don't know anything I could do for writing. Honestly it'd just be:

Hey, all. Make sure you read what [insert Ezra Klein, Josh Marshall, Brian Beutler, Sarah Kliff, Suzy Khimm, Johnathan Bernstein, Johnathan Coh, etc.] here!

Posted by Zoey at 7:59am.

Basically what I do here, and that involves making sarcastic comments and re-posting interesting links/news, and never really contribute anything meaningful. Oh, and making fun of PD. But I wouldn't do that on the blog.

besada

Banned

I know. That's how Scorch and I got to know each other. Long after everyone else had bailed, he was still trying to make it work.

If y'all really want to do it, someone go set up a Wordpress and add everyone else as editors. Start small. Don't mess with setting up a domain or modifying the software until you have some content. We bogged down on planning and control issues.

Edit: Dax's name is Zoey?

As morbid as the thought may be, I wonder what the Religious right's talking points would be if there was a mass shooting in a church.
Well if you worship a liberal god then you deserve to die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoxville_Unitarian_Universalist_church_shooting

On July 27, 2008, a politically motivated[2][3] fatal shooting took place at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee, United States. Motivated by a desire to kill liberals and Democrats, gunman Jim David Adkisson fired a shotgun at members of the congregation during a youth performance of a musical, killing two people and wounding seven others.

Adkisson, a former private in the United States Army from 1974 to 1977, says that he was motivated by hatred of Democrats, liberals, African Americans and homosexuals.[2][9][10] According to a sworn affidavit by one of the officers who interviewed Adkisson on July 27, 2008:[3]
“ During the interview Adkisson stated that he had targeted the church because of its liberal teachings and his belief that all liberals should be killed because they were ruining the country, and that he felt that the Democrats had tied his country's hands in the war on terror and they had ruined every institution in America with the aid of major media outlets. Adkisson made statements that because he could not get to the leaders of the liberal movement that he would then target those that had voted them into office. Adkisson stated that he had held these beliefs for about the last ten years. ”​

Additionally, one of Adkisson's former wives had been a member (in the 1990s) of the church where the attack occurred.[11]

Adkisson's manifesto[12] also cited the inability to find a job, and that his food stamps were being cut. His manifesto stated that he intended to keep shooting until police arrived and expected to be killed by police. Adkisson had a waist satchel with more ammunition, totaling 76 shells of #4 shot.

In his manifesto, Adkisson also included the Democratic members of the House and Senate,[12] and the 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America [12] of Bernard Goldberg in his list of wished-for targets.

Just another mass shooting that has been lost to the memory hole.

As morbid as the thought may be, I wonder what the Religious right's talking points would be if there was a mass shooting in a church.

Michelle Bachmann Thankful No Americans Died in Sikh Shooting

WASHINGTON—In response to the shooting death of six Sikh worshippers at a temple in Oak Creek, WI yesterday, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) offered a public expression of her thankfulness that no Americans had been killed in the rampage. "It's a relief and a blessing that not a single American died in this event," Bachmann said of the incident that claimed the lives of six Americans who practice the Sikh faith. "All of us can be grateful for that. Had the gunman targeted a church or synagogue, this violent act could have been much, much worse. There's no telling how many Americans might have died." Bachmann concluded by calling on citizens nationwide to direct all their thoughts and prayers to the family of wounded police lieutenant Brian Murphy, who was shot multiple times while rushing to help victims.

The Onion

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

The same as usual, "God moves in mysterious ways" with a sprinkling of "They are all in a better place now" and "God blessed and protected those who were not killed".

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Thanks, guys. <3

Congrats! I'm going to pretend I had a part in all this. I didn't, but if Manti Te'o can have his fake girlfriend die, I can have this.

Well, you've contributed stuff in the past that I've wrote about, so you CAN take credit! :)

So liberals are lazy.

Beat me to it. :(

Shit, I barely even update my own blog.

Same here!

Yeah, I'm a decent writer when I try and write something thought out. Here I mostly swear, I suppose. Outside of this I've written novels, but also have an interest in writing more non-fiction type stuff.

Same here too. When I get the inspiration, it's on like Donkey Kong! But most of the time I find myself having trouble stringing together sentences, lol.

You know, if you guys still want to do a poligaf blog or whatever, I'd also be interested in helping.

Tangentially related: if some people want to contribute to my blog as well...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
One thing I've wanted to do for a long time is make a news aggregator type site. Not in a blog format, mind you. More like how gaf is to gaming, but specifically for politics.

Make some of that Evilore money, bitches.

Edit: Dax's name is Zoey?
Yup!

Also, Heitkamp released a press release saying Obama's proposals are too extreme. I have to make sure to do a study of some sort between the time of my gratitude of Democrats maintaining a majority in a chamber and when I first get annoyed by some of the members in that majority.

watershed

Banned
Obama makes a series of complex proposals to deal with mental health, gun safety, violence in our culture, and school safety. NRA says its all part of a secret agenda to take our guns. Its all so fucking predictable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dunno if this was posted yet, but if Appalachian Trail can come back then so can Anthony Wiener!

Sanford announces return to politics

Washington (CNN) - Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford formally announced his campaign for the U.S. House on Wednesday morning, casting himself as a fiscal conservative intent on reducing government spending.

"I am running because our country's future is at stake if we don't get our hands around runaway government spending in Washington," Sanford said in a statement. "And given our nation's long-term financial problems, we need more who have shown themselves to be leaders in standing up to the big spenders, regardless of party."

Seriously though, if Wiener decided to run for the House again in 2014 he'd probably win. The guy was pretty well liked, he'd probably need to give out some apologies or something first but I liked him in the House.

Seriously though, if Wiener decided to run for the House again in 2014 he'd probably win. The guy was pretty well liked, he'd probably need to give out some apologies or something first but I liked him in the House.

I hope he runs again too. The really sad thing about Weiner was that he was a rising star in the House Democratic Caucus. He's still around and paying attention, as you can see from his last tweet on 11/7/2012.

If people can forgive Clinton for getting a blowjob, Weiner should have an easy time.

Amir0x

Banned

I said this earlier in the topic, that I think private indiscretion should be off the table unless it's using federal funds of some kind to cover it up or travel or something like that. And honestly if Weiner did just use a government computer to post his cawk, I don't think that's far enough to really warrant losing his political career when he was as promising as he was.

The dude could eviscerate Republicans using their own internal logic; it was a blessed thing to watch when he was cranking the brain gears.

Uh did any Obamacare provisions go into effect this year? I had a 30 day prescription of something that used to cost 10-15 (i don't remember which) last time I got it in december and suddenly it was 56 cents today.

Or maybe the generics got cheaper?

Uh did any Obamacare provisions go into effect this year? I had a 30 day prescription of something that used to cost 10-15 (i don't remember which) last time I got it in december and suddenly it was 56 cents today.

Or maybe the generics got cheaper?

Most of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act that come online in 2013 are tax increases, and there's a lot of 'em.
I thought it was Ezri.

lolno

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Most of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act that come online in 2013 are tax increases, and there's a lot of 'em.

lolno

There were a few prescription drug things that just came into law on January 1, this might be one of them.

Chichikov

There was rape and murder in JBaird's story, this isnt criminal. Gaf makes more exciting fictional GFs.
Have we ruled out that there was no fake foul play in her fake death?

p.s.
That ND press conference was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen; I get the sense that there is more to the story (or maybe I'm just underestimating the stupidity of everyone involved).

Have we ruled out that there was no fake foul play in her fake death?

p.s.
That ND press conference was one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen; I get the sense that there is more to the story (or maybe I'm just underestimating the stupidity of everyone involved).

I'm really hoping there is more to it. I want politics to intersect somehow. I wish it election season so some reporter would ask romney and obama their opinion on fake girlfriends, especially Obama cause he beat te'o to the punch

I'm really hoping there is more to it. I want politics to intersect somehow. I wish it election season so some reporter would ask romney and obama their opinion on fake girlfriends, especially Obama cause he beat te'o to the punch

And they are both from Hawai'i...excuse me, I need to go get my tinfoil hat.

I hope he runs again too. The really sad thing about Weiner was that he was a rising star in the House Democratic Caucus. He's still around and paying attention, as you can see from his last tweet on 11/7/2012.

If people can forgive Clinton for getting a blowjob, Weiner should have an easy time.

So you're a fan of wiener, eh?

sorry, it was a hanging curve

Regarding prescriptions, you usually hit a deductible in January and generics usually have a set min price. Odd to see it so cheap? Are you uninsured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom