• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yup, might get liberal states to implement it. I know Minnesota is getting a lot more serious about pre-K education. Thankfully we got a full democrat everything too

I know there is talk of upping the minimum wage to $8.50 in NY state, if it's proposed here it might give the movement enough momentum to go through.

It's great he's cutting troops in half, fantastic to hear. But my dad is still going back, can't wait for this war to truly end.

My best friend is still over there, the war won't be over for me til he's back. So I know that feel.

Fuck ideas. The President shouldn't do anything.

I think the ideas are great, but SOTU has become more of a media show for the Congress. I think everything is fine from the Presidential side of SOTU.

Nothing will really happen due to the current makeup of Senate and house and Filibuster still firmly in place. Media will just debate the politics of it instead of the merit of the ideas. Everybody will get a small bump in approval.

I think Congress should pass a law that states whoever claps during the speech gets punched in the face

That too. Obsession with who clapped, when did they clap, did somebody misbehave, how many standing ovations happened.

Oh he suggested something good? Fuck the idea, let's see what the Republicans and Democrats wee doing when he did that.

Rather have SOTU just be a direct to Camera Presidential address to the whole nation from the Oval Office.

teiresias

Obama preaching truth, but still giving too much credit to Republicans to actually want to work with him and Dems.

He's also talking about the deficit far too much.

ZRqUuYv.png

This women has her own CNN show and worked for CNBC.... ugh

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Tomorrow's Headline: John McCain adamantly opposes Obama's reckless support of McCain-Liberman style climate legislation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think anyone's going to be airing it with this ex-cop shit the media's got a boehner for, but who knows

Good point, I saw on the bottom of my screen that they were carrying out some body from the cabin. I think they may have killed the guy in a gun fight.

That gun moment during the speech...that was amazing, not sure I've seen anything like that before in a SOTU. He seems to be acknowledging it's a hard sell with the focus on simply holding a vote (instead of the regular "pass this bill right away"), but it was quite an impressive moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom