• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
This. The story about her crying and calling 911 after a pair of lesbians asked her about gay marriage at a campaign rally has me convinced she is mentally unhinged.
I can understand her being so upset about the issue, considering her husband could burst into flame at any moment.

I can understand her being so upset about the issue, considering her husband could burst into flame at any moment.
Isn't this homophobic? Her husband is somewhat feminine acting but that doesn't make him gay. Stereotyping someone because you don't like their political views isn't right.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I don't think homophobic is the right word, but fair enough. I just find it very interesting is all, considering what he does.

KtSlime

I don't think homophobic is the right word, but fair enough. I just find it very interesting is all, considering what he does.

Yeah, one does not just become a christian therapist by accident. I try to avoid erroneously outing anyone, but I'd be more shocked to find out Marcus Bachmann is straight than gay.

pigeon

Banned
oh wow...Senate passed a budget!

Sure, there's no reason they wouldn't. The only reason the Senate hasn't been passing budgets is that they would just die in the House. Why go through votearama if you don't have to? As soon as there was a political motivation to pass a budget greater than the political motivation not to pass one, it was inevitable that they'd pass something. It isn't even that bad a budget.

CHEEZMO™;51211113 said:
lZLGtdR.jpg

?

I'm watching J. Edgar for the first time and I'm surprised at the violent communist history in the US. Only at the beginning so far though and maybe it's painting a more negative view than reality because it's him telling his story.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I couldn't even imagine living in Michele Bachmann's district. The woman is literally batshit insane and keeps getting re-elected. That place must be crazytown.

Woman is nuts

She is clearly a bit detached from reality. I get that people are religious. But when you start spouting stuff like "Obamacare literally kills people" and "75% of the foodstamps budget pays the salary of the people that run the program" . . . she is just spouting absolute nonsense. She just believes whatever nonsense World Nut Daily or NewsMax tells her.

I think she must believe that shit because no person would subject themselves to so much humiliation.

A number of Tea Party activists are turning their back on Fox News, claiming the news network is becoming too liberal. According to The Daily Beast, disgruntled conservatives are boycotting the right-leaning news network, their second such action.

“Particularly after the election, Fox keeps turning to the left,” said 70-year-old Stan Hjerlied to the Beast. After the network dropped its obsessive focus on the raid on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and Fox News CEO Roger Ailes gave an interview in which he said the Republican Party needs to retool its message on immigration. Hjerlied believes that “we are really losing our only conservative network.”

The current boycott was in its third day Saturday, the second such action by the Tea Party this month. Organizers claim that by tuning out, they were able to cost the network 20 percent of its audience in the previous boycott, a claim the Daily Beast dismissed.

According to the Beast’s David Freedlander, “A Daily Beast analysis of the same data showed that the boycott had little effect.”

Nonetheless, the boycotters, led by Kathy Amidon of Nashville, TN, insist that they are having an effect on Fox’s coverage.

“We have seen FOX suddenly get very loud about Benghazi after the 1st boycott, but conservatives are conservative because they are not stupid,” reads the boycott website, Benghazi-Truth. “We recognize, easily, loud noise which is low on substance. In other words, by whining loudly about Benghazi without the kind of hard-hitting investigative reporting that brought down Nixon over Watergate, what we are seeing from FOX IMO is smoke and mirrors; a trick, to fool us into dutifully genuflecting at their alter [sic] of their arrogant hosts who throw us crumbs with one hand while insulting us with the other. If we want FOX to get serious, we’re going to have to keep hitting them hard. And that is just exactly what we’re going to do.”

One boycotter, former New Hampshire state legislator Kevin Avard, said that he finds it difficult to go without his daily dose of right-wing commentary. “I am having withdrawal. I do like Fox News. I have been going to CNN, and to Headline News just to get some kind of fix. I usually probably only watch them once or twice a year.”

Hjerlied, on the other hand, is staying within familiar ideological waters during the 4-day boycott, which began Thursday and ends on Sunday morning.

“If I want news, I go to Breitbart News and Drudge and I can find all the news I need, very quickly,” he said, noting that since the first boycott, he has all but “kicked” the Fox News “habit” for good. “I used to have it on all day long, and I probably watched maybe six hours last week,” he said. “The more I looked at it, I have come to the conclusion that Fox is not as fair and balanced as I thought. They shade the truth also.”

Boycotters have listed their agenda, that Fox become “the right-wing CBS News: to break stories, to break information, and to do what news organizations have always done with such stories: break politicians.” They have also demanded that the network feature ”at least one segment on Benghazi every night on two of its prime-time shows; that Fox similarly devote investigative resources to discovering the truth of Obama’s birth certificate; and that the network cease striving to be ‘fair and balanced.’”

“We need Fox to turn right,” Hjerlied said. “We think this is a coverup and Fox is aiding and abetting it. This is the way Hitler started taking over Germany, by managing and manipulating the news media

The active portion of these idiot's brains could fill a teabag.

Goddamn, the Irony here is nauseating.

521464_556416171047754_898111294_n.jpg

I...there is....wow...

*speechless*

There is actually ambiguity in this question. Does "stuff" refer to the stuff that Obama does that is, from the perspective of the poll, objectively crazy, or does it refer to the criticisms that are crazy.

Have conservatives actually helped Barack Obama by criticizing him over the crazy stuff that he does?

Have conservatives actually helped Barack Obama by making crazy criticisms of him?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
There is actually ambiguity in this question. Does "stuff" refer to the stuff that Obama does that is, from the perspective of the poll, objectively crazy, or does it refer to the criticisms that are crazy.

Have conservatives actually helped Barack Obama by criticizing him over the crazy stuff that he does?

Have conservatives actually helped Barack Obama by making crazy criticisms of him?

Yeah I had no idea what was so weird with the question because I didn't consider the second option.

Well I just found out some of my family lives in her district. No surprise that that portion of my family loves guns and doesn't like black people.

I wish I were lying

The active portion of these idiot's brains could fill a teabag.

Goddamn, the Irony here is nauseating.

Once again, they created a Frankenstein that they can't control. They made all sorts of bullshit allegations regarding Benghazi and now those people assume it is all true and wonder why nothing happens? Fox backs away from the story because it has been beat to death and the rump base wants more. They still can't figure out that they were manipulated.

Once again, they created a Frankenstein that they can't control. They made all sorts of bullshit allegations regarding Benghazi and now those people assume it is all true and wonder why nothing happens? Fox backs away from the story because it has been beat to death and the rump base wants more. They still can't figure out that they were manipulated.
Story of teaparty in nutshell.

Piecake

Its so frustrating! Her district is literally just outside what is arguably one of the bluest areas in the nation.

Its countryside with no history of union industry, and the urban areas are either poor or filled with people fleeing away from the center so that they can build McMansions and megachurches. Its not all that surprising

this x100

Even mainstream portions of the right wing has effectively accused Obama of criminal negligence, while others outright suggest he watched those four people die and did nothing because...nothing. So if that is the case, the story could easily bring down the president and his entire administration. And yet there hasn't been a single bombshell of information since September, and outside of concern trolling Fox isn't "investigating" shit.

If you believe Obama let those Americans die than you believe the president of the United States is guilty of treason, pure and simple. It's time for the media to pin these idiots down on this. If you believe Obama is guilty of treason, say so. If not, GTFO.

Jooney

this x100

Even mainstream portions of the right wing has effectively accused Obama of criminal negligence, while others outright suggest he watched those four people die and did nothing because...nothing.

... And they can get people to swallow this after years of conditioning that Obama is The Other, that he's not really one of us.

And if nothing happens you can always blame the lame stream librul media!

... And they can get people to swallow this after years of conditioning that Obama is The Other, that he's not really one of us.

And if nothing happens you can always blame the lame stream librul media!

In the long run, the market always produces the best possible outcome.

Unless that free market is the media market, in which case it creates liberal bias for the last 50 or 60 years.

The only person on Fox News who's a genuine believer is Hannity.

The rest are masterful trolls.

Nah, a lot of them are true believers. You can tell by just how upset they get during segments; their resentment and loathing of "elites" is palpable. O'Reilly couldn't care less about most things, but folks like Hannity, Andrea Tantaros and especially Eric Bolling are about that life to the fullest. Not long ago they were all convinced every poll was wrong/tampered with, Romney was going to win, no one supported Obama outside of college kids who don't vote, etc. And after those November weeks of self reflection they're all back on the crazy horse. In short they all live in a giant self perpetuating bubble that is finally being busted by demographics and a likeable moderate democrat president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom