• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the dems who votes no? Anyone have the list?

I want to know who the real dems are, not the reagan democrats.

Also, thanks to those of you now putting thw twitter quote in the post, and not just the link.

bananas

Banned
"I will not have another debate with this congress over whether or not they should pay the bills that they already racked up with the laws that they passed. Let me repeat, we can't not pay bills that we already incur, if congress refuses to give the US government the ability to pay those bills on time the consequences for the entire global economy will be catastrophic, far worse than the impact of the fiscal cliff".

Lawyer speak? lol

Because he's offered both Medicare and Social Security cuts when he didn't need to, and he's not likely to stop now. He can sugercoat it all he wants with "without hurting seniors" or "reducing costs of health care" but the things he's been willing to give (chained CPI, raising Medicare age), his actions and not his words, will most definitely hurt seniors.

It's only been the GOP's batshit insanity and inability to see a good deal that's saved us from those.
We never saw the details of the chained-CPI proposal and how the proposal would avoid hurting the poorest seniors, and Obama has said the Medicare retirement age is not a good way to save money.

He won't get the blame. Republicans will if he keeps on messaging like tonight

Even assuming that, there's still the issue of the global economic meltdown.

There's no way in hell he's letting that happen. That could set the country back not only economically, but Democrats could lose credibility in the eyes of the public and they, once again, might think Republicans completely idiotic economic ideas might be credible.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow bitter GOP scuttling Sandy relief bill?

Yea, all the NY Representatives are staying after so that reporters will talk about it. How can someone be so fucking salty that they would tell a bunch of people who lost their homes in a hurricane to fuck off?

Even assuming that, there's still the issue of the global economic meltdown.

There's no way in hell he's letting that happen. That could set the country back not only economically, but Democrats could lose credibility in the eyes of the public and they, once again, might think Republicans completely idiotic economic ideas might be credible.

It won't trigger a meltdown because republicans will do something like they did tonight they'll chicken out this proves they're all talk no action. We'd never actually default (maybe a day or two like with the government shutdown in the 90s).

Yea, all the NY Representatives are staying after so that reporters will talk about it. How can someone be so fucking salty that they would tell a bunch of people who lost their homes in a hurricane to fuck off?

bootstraps bro

Clevinger

It won't trigger a meltdown because republicans will do something like they did tonight they'll chicken out this proves they're all talk no action. We'd never actually default (maybe a day or two like with the government shutdown in the 90s).

I don't think a default is like a government shutdown where the government still mostly functions. It'd likely be an economic meltdown from day one.

I don't think a default is like a government shutdown where the government still mostly functions. It'd likely be an economic meltdown from day one.

I still think they'd advert it. There are no cuts in this bill. This is 41-1 not 1-10 it shows the GOP backs themselves into corners and then gives up if the dems don't. If the Senate passes a bill and Obama is pressuring the house you don't think at 11pm the night before they'll break?

thefro

They aren't going to default because 14th Amendment or US Mint making a $2 trillion dollar Platinum coin

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I still think they'd advert it. There are no cuts in this bill. This is 41-1 not 1-10 it shows the GOP backs themselves into corners and then gives up. If the Senate passes a bill and Obama is pressuring the house you don't think at 11pm the night before they'll break?

I think precedent has been set and Obama (not having to worry about reelection) means he will use the bully pulpit to get most of what he wants by painting the republicans in the house as the bad guys when it comes to the economy. The House repubs aren't doing themselves any favors with this sandy relief BS either. I have feeling that story will make the rounds a lot tomorrow to further paint them as the sore losers they are.

Any word on the charge that the Sandy has pork in it, thus is being blocked?

Impossible to have any more pork than the turd they just passed, which includes a NASCAR present, offshore tax bonuses and so much more.

The GOP won't crash the economy because most of them are wall street lackeys. Then again, you can profit immensely if you go short...

Chichikov

It doesn't turn into Armageddon that quickly, the US had a couple of those in the 90s, and in the short term, it's mostly inconvenience.

Impossible to have any more pork than the turd they just passed, which includes a NASCAR present, offshore tax bonuses and so much more.

The GOP won't crash the economy because most of them are wall street lackeys. Then again, you can profit immensely if you go short...

Too bad they didn't include a copper helmet for all of us.

This thread and the fiscal cliff thread in regular OT are like night and day, Jesus Christ lol.

edit:

Obama and members of his administration have consistently and explicitly ruled out using the 14th amendment as a means to resolve the debt ceiling, dudes.

noted. But, if they're gonna use that option, they're not gonna say it now. They're gonna give Congress every chance to pass the increase in a normal, orderly fashion (lol)

Obama and members of his administration have consistently and explicitly ruled out using the 14th amendment as a means to resolve the debt ceiling, dudes.

@jbendery
Boehner aide refers questions about Sandy aid bill to Cantor's office

There is so much comedy tonight
“Go fuck yourself,” Boehner sniped as he pointed his finger at Reid, according to multiple sources present.

Reid, a bit startled, replied: “What are you talking about?”

Boehner repeated: “Go fuck yourself.”

The harsh exchange just a few steps from the Oval Office — which Boehner later bragged about to fellow Republicans — was only one episode in nearly two months of high-stakes negotiations laced with distrust, miscommunication, false starts and yelling matches as Washington struggled to ward off $500 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/the-fiscal-cliff-deal-that-almost-wasnt-85663.html

Children. The house is run by children

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Just got on the internets today and seems the House passed the bill shockingly enough.

So, once again...what did the Dems "win" in this deal exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom