• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

Haha, probably going to be 2:1 GOP nays to yeas on this one. The power struggle for the speakership got a lot more interesting.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Grover trying to pretend he's still relevant:
He reminds me of that one nerd that would think all the jocks are his friends because they let him do their homework for him. Then when they blow him off, it's like "Oh, they must have just forgotten to call me. It's ok, I forgive them."

Poor Grover.

sad-grover1-200x300.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
Now we get to watch the Republican Party turn on Grover as he tries to save face by supporting this.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Boehner voted yes, Cantor voted no

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but Cantor's probably only breaking rank because he wants Boehner's job, and given how more republicans voted with Cantor, it looks like he's gonna get it.

I doubt he honestly prefers the alternative of the fiscal cliff happening and having taxes rise even more.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Now we get to watch the Republican Party turn on Grover as he tries to save face by supporting this.

That's my favorite part of this whole thing: their bloody-minded hivemind lockstep mentality has finally gotten them into a position so bad that they have no choice but to start breaking apart and turning on each other.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but Cantor's probably only breaking rank because he wants Boehner's job, and given how more republicans voted with Cantor, it looks like he's gonna get it.

I doubt he honestly prefers the alternative of the fiscal cliff happening and having taxes rise even more.

Cantor is a true believer from what I've seen. He never would have done anything like what Boehner just did.

Link

The Autumn Wind
That's my favorite part of this whole thing: their bloody-minded hivemind lockstep mentality has finally gotten them into a position so bad that they have no choice but to start breaking apart and turning on each other.
Well, it's either pretending this is the GOP voting on a tax cut, or admitting that he's now powerless. There's no winning position for him, and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom