• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Remember Obama didn't earn the presidency, it was given to him"- FOX News

dog-whistle.jpg

Edit: the moment I posted this, not kidding. "There is a dangerous new game for African american teens" WOW

Referring to the knock out game. Is there any evidence this is a black thing or just asshole teens?

This is quite an opportunity, and I'm glad Obama has a lot of unilateral power here. The opposition really highlights a general problem that has been brewing for decades, in terms of braindead foreign policy. People's idea of "strength" is completely warped. Welcoming Iran to the table in no way threatens anyone. You would think that Iran's recent behavior would unquestionably demonstrate that the sanctions worked and continue to work, and diplomacy can work.

Neutralizing Iran would completely change the politics of US foreign policy. Right now it allows both parties, especially republicans, to sabre rattle; there are rich donors who literally get boners at the thought of bombing Iran, and senators/representatives love dancing for them with violent rhetoric. Stripping that "threat" all of a sudden leaves republicans without their biggest talking point.

"Remember Obama didn't earn the presidency, it was given to him"- FOX News

dog-whistle.jpg

Edit: the moment I posted this, not kidding. "There is a dangerous new game for African american teens" WOW

Referring to the knock out game. Is there any evidence this is a black thing or just asshole teens?

Can you describe this game because I know a few versions of it, 2 of which is basketball related?

Karakand

A little of topic but there is a little skirmish here and there in Eastern Europe as some countries are having votes to further integrate themselves in the European Union. There is a lot of discord over there apparently and like America they like crazy paintings too.

If I were trying to woo a Cossack, I probably wouldn't want to invoke Russian history...

As for the European side, there's a 1. Kosaken-Kavallerie-Division joke to be made but I'm not going to make it.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow John Stossell is an uber-asshole.

My god he's saying that charity helped more people than the government in the depression. "Rich people will step up" if we cut social safety nets.

If that's true then shouldn't the UE rate gone way down long before FDR started his awful spending binge?

Wow John Stossell is an uber-asshole.

My god he's saying that charity helped more people than the government in the depression. "Rich people will step up" if we cut social safety nets.

Is he an asshole...or just a libertarian and thus subject to an entirely different set of imaginary rules that do not apply to the real world?

Wow bret baier just called out tucker carlson for the conservative health care plan specifically repealing the employer tax credit as being way more disruptive to the market than Obamacare. Is this still fox news?

Lol judge napolitano's solution randomly includes repealing the 16th and 17th amendment cause somehow that has to do with health care?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Well everything I found so far seems to be done by black people, so I don't know if white kids doing it doesn't get covered or if it is just a black thing.

That said, Fox News is still being extremely racist about this whole thing by really hyping this thing up to be much much larger than it really is. You can't concern troll by asking questions about if black society is to blame when there's 45 million black people in America and there's like 5 incidents like this per year. I can't find any statistics on it, but if it were higher than than that I'm sure Fox News might use the actual statistic instead of vague statements like how it's "sweeping the nation".

There are so many small lies throughout the day on FOX.

Rand Paul just said since his staff has to sign up for Obamacare he's very familiar with the error page.
Staffers sign up through DCHealthLink not HealthCare.gov they're not seeing errors.

Edit: He just said he's going to bring "economic freedom zones" to america. Low tax zones in impoverished areas. Rand Paul is bringing 3rd world economic policy to America. we've fallen this low.

“We are successful because our business and editorial strategies work in perfect synchronicity.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...iticos-mike-allen-native-advertising-pioneer/

Great piece by Wemple in the Post about Mike Allen's Playbook and his penchant for blurring the lines between advertising and news. Playbook isn't really read by non-dc people but its read by the people that decide what news goes on CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc. It 'drives the day'. And its pretty much run by corporations and lobbyist.

Politico sucks reason # 691

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...iticos-mike-allen-native-advertising-pioneer/

A review of “Playbook” archives shows that the special interests that pay for slots in the newsletter get adoring coverage elsewhere in the playing field of “Playbook.” The pattern is a bit difficult to suss out if you glance at “Playbook” each day for a shot of news and gossip. When searching for references to advertisers in “Playbook,” however, it is unmistakable.

leroidys

Was this posted? Republican boy genius, Paul Ryan, plans to re-brand himself as the champion of the poor:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/11/paul-ryan-poor-people-need-jesus-not-food.html

Paul Ryan saying that Jesus heals poverty makes him the worst catholic ever. What in the
ever-loving fuck
good lords name is he talking about?

This is going to drive away anyone outside of the die hard Christinaist cabal that is the Tea party, which he has on lock to start with. What is he thinking?

6737 :p

But I just wanna post this quote again from VandeHei
“We are successful because our business and editorial strategies work in perfect synchronicity.”
Sums up Politico so perfectly

This is were Very Serious People decide what's 'driving the day' and look who decides how it looks.

Also dude is just a pack rat and I need an excuse to post this
mik.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So the trey radel thing the cops just go back to his place and chat about it? never would have happened if he was
not a senator?

Seriously though, would the cops have gone back to a black dude's apartment after a coke bust, regardless of his standing as a representative?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Radel isn't resigning so far.

Good, You shouldn't have to resign for making a mistake that doesn't vitally affect your job duty. There are elections for that.

I actually respect Radel for saying he's gonna try to be a role model for getting help. If he acts on this and shows drug abuse to be a problem we need to fix and to help others I think he can end up doing a lot of good. There's a conservative case for helping and fixing this issue. It isn't conservative for demonizing drug abusers

Piecake

Radel isn't resigning so far.

Good, You shouldn't have to resign for making a mistake that doesn't vitally affect your job duty. There are elections for that.

I actually respect Radel for saying he's gonna try to be a role model for getting help. If he acts on this and shows drug abuse to be a problem we need to fix and to help others I think he can end up doing a lot of good. There's a conservative case for helping and fixing this issue. It isn't conservative for demonizing drug abusers

It isnt conservative to waste a shit ton of money locking drug users up when there is a much more effective and cheaper option available, but it seems like many of the conservatives in Washington arent conservatives. They are ideologues and moralists.

But yea, I hope he stays on and gets help. It would be a good example to show that hard drug users arent hobos living in a crack den. A lot of them work regular jobs.

It isnt conservative to waste a shit ton of money locking drug users up when there is a much more effective and cheaper option available, but it seems like many of the conservatives in Washington arent conservatives. They are ideologues and moralists

I just hope Radel uses this opportunity to argue that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom