• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Tyranny? Aren't we going back to what the Constitution states?

Someone should ask the teapubs that won their seats with simple majorities if they got their office via tyranny

Also they should look up the filibuster in the constitution

it's not there

remist

lmao at the "my dog qualified for insurance" and the "if you like your rules you can keep them". I bet he got those from some random chain email.

Oh man, this is gonna be good.

Important to note: McCain voted aye, Schumer vote nay. These are the two who forged the deal on executive nominations in the summer – the way they voted suggests they can't come to an agreement.

Per Bernstein: A group of senators in the background are rehearsing the steps for nuking.

Discussing steps for nuclear option:

bMxR3cG.png

Wilsongt

It's amazing how the nuclear option has nothing to do with Obamacare yet the Republicans are somehow weaving the Obamacare narrative into it.

Saying the nuclear option "not going to distract people from Obamacare". That's the pot calling the kettle black, when the Republicans used Obamacare to distract the entire US from the shutdown they caused.

@AJentleson (This is it, folks.)

^^Spokesman for Harry Reid.

The next vote will be to uphold the the parliamentarian ruling of sixty votes to end debate to confirm judges. Democrats voting "no" will be voting to go nuclear. I think after that comes the actual vote.

FLEABttn

Banned
But the 2nd amendment doesn't state that only regulated militias can own firearms; it merely gives that a reason why the right of the people to bear arms cannot be infringed.

No one would ever dispute that the right of the state-run militia to have firearms. If that were the only purpose of the Second Amendment, it wouldn't need to exist at all. Its inclusion in the Bill of Rights shows it was intended as more meaningful than that.

I'm not so sure. If the second amendment is merely listing a reason why and not the reason why, why is that not consistent with other amendments? There's no reason to specify a reason if it's a carte blanche right to arms.

The anti-federalists would probably disagree that the right of the state-run militia's to have firm arms was disputed. Given that's exactly what's stated in the BoR.

The final vote's here: Tto uphold the ruling of the chair – that judges (besides SCOTUS) and executive nominees be subject to a majority vote.

dabig2

And away we go. Will there be a thread in OT for this when it's 100% done? I'm vaguely interested in other opinions to this move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom