• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stossel is dedicating a whole show to #realcharity

One segment he says philanthropy is bad. Its better for rich people to grow their business than to give to charity since charity doesn't work (He literally said it can't work). He chided bill gates for his foundation.

The next is why government aid to places like Africa will never work and only private charity can work and government has NO place.

This man is a vile ayn rand clone.

Just last week on his show he was talking about how the government shouldn't have welfare because rich people will pick up the slack.
Now he brought on a guest to talk about Libertarians are the truly caring people.
fsq4.gif

siddhu33

Super Mario is actually an embodiment of the US healthcare system...all he does with his coins is to use them to get more life. That's why he's on shrooms all the time, it's to get away from his reality where he's got ridiculous healthcare bills and is struggling to get by.

The challenges he goes through represent the trials and tribulations of life, while princess peach represents the end game, the success state, the point where he can say that he's made it. But the princess is always in another castle...

trying to segue slowly back into politics :)

Sibylus

Banned
So, ah, does this need congressional approval? For some reason I am pessimistic of the senate voting on a treaty or worldwide agreement
Don't know yet. I'm still of mind that if it does, sign that goddamned ink and put the onus of failure on congress.

‏@joshledermanAP 6m

#Obama's comments on #Iran deal 45 minutes from now will come from the State Dining Room of the @WhiteHouse
@SaeedKD 1m

RT @AP: BREAKING: Obama to make statement Saturday night on Iran nuclear deal from the White House.
@MajorCBS 9m

Senior WH official confirms P5+1 deal w/Iran; 1st phase of nuke deal -will focus on testing verification, Iran compliance, easing sanctions.
@abasinfo 6m

#BREAKING Iran enrichment is recognized. Iran oil sanctions will be stopped. Iran can sell oil at the same level. Oil revenues released
@SaeedKD 7m

"I'm happy that I voted.. I'm satisfied.. Thank you people," says Iranian user on Facebook after Geneva deal via @NegarMortazavi
@NegarMortazavi 14m

Iranians are so happy it almost feels like when the football team made it to the World Cup. Social Media full of happy comments. #IranTalks

Piecake

I wouldn't be so sure. The public is behind a deal.

The public is in favor of a lot of things that republicans block because the crazies who vote in their primaries are against it. I have a feeling that the crazies are anti-Iran deal. I mean, honestly, the republicans rejected the disability act treaty!

A treaty with Iran will get zero Republican votes, the only reason the Disability Treaty go close to two thirds was because McCain backed it and got his friends like Graham and Ayotte and other not-insane Republicans to back it. We probably wont even be able to get the Democrats united behind it because Blue Dogs like Manchin and Pryor will be against it.

We're fucked. Fucked fucked fucked.

A treaty with Iran will get zero Republican votes, the only reason the Disability Treaty go close to two thirds was because McCain backed it and got his friends like Graham and Ayotte and other not-insane Republicans to back it. We probably wont even be able to get the Democrats united behind it because Blue Dogs like Manchin and Pryor will be against it.

We're fucked. Fucked fucked fucked.

This probably isn't a treaty. There are executive agreements.

And business people will get the better of republicans. There aren't votes to win by opposing. Businesses want to lift sanctions. Opening a new market is huge.

Piecake

This probably isn't a treaty. There are executive agreements.

And business people will get the better of republicans. There aren't votes to win by opposing. Businesses want to lift sanctions. Opening a new market is huge.

I think its been proven that extreme conservatives (primary voters) have more influence and sway over the republican party than business. The whole govt shutdown idiocy should be proof of that. And the votes are to ensure that you arent primaried on your right for being 'weak'

I think its been proven that extreme conservatives (primary voters) have more influence and sway over the republican party than business. The whole govt shutdown idiocy should be proof of that. And the votes are to ensure that you arent primaried on your right for being 'weak'
they won't vote based on iran.

Piecake

they won't vote based on iran.

looking 'weak' and supporting Obama in one of the most important foreign policy deals is something that they wont vote on? I think this would be a significant 'you compromised/supported/dealt with the enemy and should be kicked out of office" issue for those crazies.

In one year John Kerry has made Hillary Clinton's 4 years in the State Department look like a giant photo op. Amazing work.

Of course this is a first step, and we'll see whether Iran can stick to the agreement. I'm more concerned about Israel sabotaging things.

effzee

In one year John Kerry has made Hillary Clinton's 4 years in the State Department look like a giant photo op. Amazing work.

Of course this is a first step, and we'll see whether Iran can stick to the agreement. I'm more concerned about Israel sabotaging things.

I have no hope in Israel to do the right thing and be part of the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom