• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I don't see it for Paul. The RNC is pretty damn good at quashing grass-roots stuff. I see him being marginally more successful than his dad.
I really hope Rand still plans to run as a Libertarian if he doesn't get the Republican nomination. Easiest Dem win ever.

Fox318

Bb8nqlYIYAAxMb8.png

what is this

i don't even

Paul has been very smart in the senate. He made peace with McConnell and outside of his brilliant drone filibuster, he hasn't stirred trouble in the senate lately. Meanwhile Cruz has insulted the GOP establishment and led them into a government shutdown that could have been harmful if not for the ACA roll out being a disaster.

I've talked with people setting up for Paul's campaign in Michigan. They "get" Ron Paul's impressive grass roots model, and Rand has successfully won over the hearts of many activists. They have the potential to blow away other conservative campaigns, which won't feature many young minds or have the Internet presence Paul commands.

Not saying Paul will win, but if anyone can modernize GOP campaign politics it's him. Meanwhile Cruz will also have heavy grass roots support, but no infrastructure. Plus sooner or later he's going to get taken down by his own party.

I think once the campaign starts a lot of those young libertarian types will realize that Rand is much more authoritarian than his father and is more of a tea party Republican. I wouldn't count on those activists sticking with him.

500k so far in December on healthcare.gov alone. Over 1 million total signed up so far on all exchanges.

I called that last week. Even faster than I thought.

Diablos

No way does Obama's approval rating not rebound in 2014.
He can't get much lower unless he wants to start heading into Dubya levels of disapproval. Hopefully this proves to be the lowest point of his Presidency. It's unfortunate that it happened during the very first year of his second term.

789shadow

Banned
He can't get much lower unless he wants to start heading into Dubya levels of disapproval. Hopefully this proves to be the lowest point of his Presidency. It's unfortunate that it happened during the very first year of his second term.
Better than the last year.

Obama hasn't fucked up on a catastrophic level the way Dubya did, where everyone admitted he was a failure. Obama's always going to have at least 40% of the country behind him until something like Katrina or the recession happens under his watch.

And no, a fucking website not working isn't "catastrophic"

Btdubs: Another month in which the DCCC has outraised the NRCC. 5mil to 4mil. DCCC also has 27.6 million cash on hand to NRCC's 19.6 million. This has been going on for a while and it's particularly surprising given that the party with the majority usually wins the fundraising wars as an incumbency effect. I can't imagine investor confidence in the GOP is at an all-time high right now.

holy fuck the local news here is running a long story this hour about the healthcare site being down for fixing or w/e and it's all "Bad news for Obamacare!"

holy fuck

Obama hasn't fucked up on a catastrophic level the way Dubya did, where everyone admitted he was a failure. Obama's always going to have at least 40% of the country behind him until something like Katrina or the recession happens under his watch.

And no, a fucking website not working isn't "catastrophic"

Btdubs: Another month in which the DCCC has outraised the NRCC. 5mil to 4mil. DCCC also has 27.6 million cash on hand to NRCC's 19.6 million. This has been going on for a while and it's particularly surprising given that the party with the majority usually wins the fundraising wars as an incumbency effect. I can't imagine investor confidence in the GOP is at an all-time high right now.
What do you have to say about this?

;)

Utah just had it's gay marriage ban struck down by a federal judge.

Couples are already posting themselves being married on Twitter.

Utah...the most Republican state in the Country...just effectively had Gay Marriage legalized.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

It's over Conservatives. You've lost.

I think this fight will be over within 5 years and will culminate with 5 pints of Scalia's salty tears to be passed around at every same-sex marriage for decades to come.

I'm calling it RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Gay Marriage WILL BE LEGAL in ALL 50 states, by the time Hillary takes office on January 20th, 2017.

Lock that shit down.

Holy shit! In your face, Mormoms!
Seriously, don't understand this.

There are many Mormons who support gay rights, Harry Reid and Udall just in the senate. Attacking the faith is really stupid. Its best not to stoop to that level attack hateful and bigoted ideas.

Wilsongt

Seriously, don't understand this.

There are many Mormons who support gay rights, Harry Reid and Udall just in the senate. Attacking the faith is really stupid. Its best not to stoop to that level attack hateful and bigoted ideas.

They still dropped way too much into the Prop 8 fight.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
BROOOO.

Fucking Utah just legalized Gay Marriage before the South did.

At this point, ANYTHING can happen, without hyperbole.

Fun fact: apparently Utah also enacted some actually legitimately useful programs to prevent homelessness as opposed to the usual Red state idea of simply yelling at them for long periods of time.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Utah? :lol

I am officially dead, I only wish I was there to see how all the Mormons are losing their shit

Honestly, as someone from Utah (living here currently too), I'm not seeing much of a reaction. I feel like people here don't care. They don't know what being republican means for the most part. They just think having an R by your name means your right.

Its the biggest group of ignorant morons you'll ever meet. Until Limbaugh (or Fox news) comments, they don't know what to think.

Edit: now the elections, on the other hand? Gold. They know the guy with an R next to his name lost. That was beautiful.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Was this posted?

Albright doesn’t want the Affordable Care Act repealed, which Stutzman and the Republican-controlled House have voted to do numerous times. Albright told his congressman that his monthly payment for family health coverage will drop from $3,800 to $1,700 by enrolling in a plan offered through the much-maligned law.

Albright said most of his dozen employees also are enrolling in Affordable Care Act plans and will have coverage for the first time. “If the Republican Party thinks they’re going to kill Obamacare, you guys need to realize that those nine people that I add on, are they going to vote Republican ever again if you take their health care from them?”

Stutzman responded: “No, probably not.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2013/12/18/the-gop-repeal-trap/

I said goddamn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom