• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If Democrats are not going to agree to a delay in the medical device tax, they're certainly not going to agree to a delay to the individual mandate.

I just can't fathom what Republicans are doing. I think they're just drawing demands out of a hat now.

“We’re not going to be disrespected,” conservative Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-Ind., [told the Washington Examiner]. “We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”

It's not about policy. It's about fucking over obama and winning the game.

These people don't care about governing. They care about winning a motherfucking football game.

This is utterly amazing.

The GOP plans to pass a full CR and DL increase which has nothing but an amendment that fucks over their own staff. Like, that's all they're asking from the Dems as a concession at this point. Just to get "something," even if that something is as fucking retarded as can be. And even then they're going to attach it to the hold CR so the Senate can't filibuster but instead can strip it out and send it right back.

That plan might not even be able to pass House to begin with.

The House GOP literally has no idea what the fuck it's doing right now. Boehner is the worst leader possible, holy fuck.

Ryan Lizza is tweeting out e-mails he's getting from staffers, btw, about this. They're already sending resumes out, lol.

Is there a pool for what time tonight Boehner lets Dems and the 20 Republicans they need in the house vote? Why is he even bothering with this crap anymore?

Jooney

This is utterly amazing.

The GOP plans to pass a full CR and DL increase which has nothing but an amendment that fucks over their own staff. Like, that's all they're asking from the Dems as a concession at this point. Just to get "something," even if that something is as fucking retarded as can be. And even then they're going to attach it to the hold CR so the Senate can't filibuster but instead can strip it out and send it right back.

That plan might not even be able to pass House to begin with.

The House GOP literally has no idea what the fuck it's doing right now. Boehner is the worst leader possible, holy fuck.

Ryan Lizza is tweeting out e-mails he's getting from staffers, btw, about this. They're already sending resumes out, lol.

They're throwing their staff under the bus just so they can save face. I would send me resume out too. What a contemptible thing to do.

Sweet, with all these Hill Staffers quitting, maybe I'll be able to find an opening for myself...

Edit: That sounded really selfish; let me try to walk it back a little. I mean, it sucks for the current staffers, but it's still their decision to quit in the face of this, and even with the benefits cut, it would still be a step up from where I currently am (i.e. unemployed)...

Sweet, with all these Hill Staffers quitting, maybe I'll be able to find an opening for myself...

Edit: That sounded really selfish. I mean, it sucks for them, but it's still their decision to quit in the face of this, and even with the benefits cut, it would still be a step up from where I currently am (i.e. unemployed)...
why would you want to work for these people.

PMF application closes today, incidentally.

Next I suppose you'll support eliminating the minimum wage? You still have to choose to quit.

Senate dems just tweeted a video defending the employer contribution. This isn't going to happen they just want the vote.

^ you can work for people not voting for these cuts. There are a good 180 that won't.

I had to walk away from a conversation with my libertarian friend at work. Dude says we can go over the debt ceiling because 'LIFE SUCKS AND PEOPLE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR DECISIONS' and since he is in favor of cutting hundreds of billions more, raising the debt ceiling shouldn't happen until said cuts take place. smh.

I can't wait to see what happens.

The more conservatives I speak to who don't have any comprehension of the difference between national debt and individual debt the more I truly desire for humiliating defeat for the GOP/Tea Party. It's absolutely tiring trying to explain the difference.

Amir0x

Banned
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said he was "proud" of Boehner's handling of the crisis. Then within moments he pleaded with Democrats to bail out the GOP, which he admitted has "screwed up" and "really did go too far" in the shutdown and debt limit standoffs.

"We won't be the last political party to overplay our hand," he said. "It might happen one day on the Democratic side. And if it did, would Republicans, for the good of the country, kinda give a little? We really did go too far. We screwed up. But their response is making things worse, not better."

I seriously did like eight double takes on this entire thing.

"Hey, we screwed up. We fucked everything up. Can you give in just a little so that we can get out of our screw up!"

John McCormack ‏@McCormackJohn 5m
House GOP source: Income verification not in bill "because because Senate was demanding union bailout in return."

lol

In other news, Issa is having a committee hearing on the WWII Memorial Closure. This fucking guy.

This is such a trainwreck for the GOP. God damn!

I agree he was a pretty terrible president.
And while he definitely held some conservative positions, I would go as far as agreeing with anything in this really poorly written (and wholly shit superficial) article.

JFK is pretty much the most overrated president in history. I really wonder if he'd get half the amount of attention if he did not get shot.

Random question: Democracy 3 just came out, would there be interest for an OT on gaming side? I got one prepped...

I played the second one's demo and I enjoyed it. It just seemed to get monotonous after a while. All you do is just stair at a screen and hit circle buttons the whole time.

Could be a GREAT game if done right. I always felt that a Democracy meets Civilization meets Liberal Crime Squad would make for a fantastic game.

think i'm gonna start a security company to protect the inevitable rise of copper thefts that will occur post default. james sinclair, would you like to consult?

Fitch is like the gale boetteger of ratings agencies.

tumblr_madfvnV5G51qc6jkio1_500.gif

1376504157_Gale_528_poster.jpg

tumblr_lzccpwfFI41qz84n6o1_500.jpg

pigeon

Banned
If they pass the Vitter Amendment, we should pass it and immediately advance a bill that repeals the Vitter Amendment.

Then put out a bunch of help wanted ads for experienced Congressional staffers with secret inside information.

Looks like it. Be ready to raid the strategic copper supplies of your local Home Depot.

Disagree. This is the same thing that's been happening the whole time. We'll be out of this by tonight with a CR and debt limit raise. Boehner is broken and there are just enough non-insane Republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom