• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riki

Jen Rubin, everyone's favorite right-sided blogger for WaPo, is having a minor meltdown on twitter this evening.

Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 5m

More GOPers realize Heritage Action and Cruz are threat to survival of GOP #silverlining

Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 4m

Hastert rule will be replaced by the "in case of emergency go to Pelosi" rule #silverlining

Jennifer Rubin ‏@JRubinBlogger 5m

debacle boosts chances of GOP governor as 2016 nominee #silverlining

Haha. The heck at the last one.

Gotchaye

I'm feeling pretty good about being bullish on Paul Ryan since early this year. He's coming out of this all right no matter what. Nobody's talking about Rand Paul, the establishment hates Cruz, and Rubio is gone.

Diablos

If Christie were elected, I wonder if he'd make changes to ACA or repeal it. Wasn't he one of the first GOP governors to cave on accepting the Medicaid expansion?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
HAHAHA THIS IS AMAZING

"“If the House can’t get its act together, we’re going to get nothing, other than preserving sequestration"

Also

This right here has to get broken. The cycle where Republicans get everything they fucken want, and Democratss get little in return. Getting the sequestration is fucking huge and Democrats are giving that for free. They get absolutely nothing in this deal. Fuck you.

Haha. The heck at the last one.

One thing you'll learn about Rubin: she really, really likes governors (see: her Romney obsession during the primaries and election). She was all aboard the Bob McDonnell train until he got shitcanned by ethics violations. Now she writes Christie fanfic similar to David Brooks' Obama fanfics.

She's also quite dejected about the VA governors race. Rubin is crazy on many issues, we all remember her console wars-esque Romney propaganda..but she is firmly opposed to tea party bullshit.

As someone in NJ, Christie would be a great choice for the Republicans, as it will be a much more sane GOP, and the tea party will be in shambles by then and totally controlled.

chris christie and rand paul are more annoying, tbh.

he's up there, though!

No way. Those two are at least who they are. Christie and Rand say what they believe and they don't hide behind language. Also, neither get a pass from the media the way Ryan does.

Ryan is a fraud. A douchenoggle. His entire purpose is to fuck over poor and the lower middle class, to boot. Rand Paul, while his policies would also do the same, I don't actually believe is evil, he's just an idiot. He believes in the "free market" nonsense on some level. Ryan is just there to fuck you over because he can because he's a little piece of shit.

His math is fake. His persona is fake. But the media plays him like a real policy wonk trying to fix Washington. Fuck hi. To quote from In Bruges:

let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids

bananas

Banned
ClovingWestbrook/LovingSteam made 2013 |OT1|. He is now permanently banned.
Dax made 2013 |OT2|. She is now banned, allegedly permanently.
Bananas made 2013 |OT3|. He is already dead.
...Cyan made the last 2012 |OT|. He is not banned, and is in fact an admin.
I did not make this thread. Cyan split the last thread where I was post 20001.

ClovingWestbrook/LovingSteam made 2013 |OT1|. He is now permanently banned.
Dax made 2013 |OT2|. She is now banned, allegedly permanently.
Bananas made 2013 |OT3|. He is already dead.
...Cyan made the last 2012 |OT|. He is not banned, and is in fact an admin.

Bananas doesnt look banned to me?

In fact, hes posting right now...

Snake

I did not make this thread. Cyan split the last thread where I was post 20001.

So you mean to tell us that Cyan didn't allow the thread ceiling to be raised properly, and instead unilaterally skirted the post limit with executive powers? Articles of impeachment are being filed as I post.

tZBJrNZ.png

oh boy...

GhaleonEB

So you mean to tell us that Cyan didn't let the thread ceiling be raised properly, and instead unilaterally skirted the post limit with executive powers? Articles of impeachment are being filed as I post.

He's setting a precedent we can only hope Obama follows.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SCF and Heritage Action, same as everybody else.

But those guys gave their blessing as well.

You guys might already be ahead of me but I read earlier that the House dropped two of their provisions/demands already. Fuckers are making it clear they're just dragging out what will most likely be unconditional surrender.

Scott Walker doesn't have a college degree. That's a killer among moderate suburbanite swing voters, so he won't get the establishment support that somebody like Christie or Jeb Bush would and he's not as crazy as somebody like Cruz.
Nobody cares about if you went to college if you've got a record.

Diablos

But those guys gave their blessing as well.

You guys might already be ahead of me but I read earlier that the House dropped two of their provisions/demands already. Fuckers are making it clear they're just dragging out what will most likely be unconditional surrender.
Did they drop the part that banned Obama from taking "extraordinary measures"?

I heard that was added.

bonercop

No way. Those two are at least who they are. Christie and Rand say what they believe and they don't hide behind language. Also, neither get a pass from the media the way Ryan does.

I... really disagree. i think christie's reputation as a "moderate" is a complete fabrication that he only manages to get away with because the media is terrible at holding anyone accountable, ever.

Rand Paul, while his policies would also do the same, I don't actually believe is evil, he's just an idiot. He believes in the "free market" nonsense on some level. Ryan is just there to fuck you over because he can because he's a little piece of shit.

Rand is just such a fucking hypocrite about so many things.

Likes to grandstand about tuff-rugged individualism and the invisible hand -- needs bucketloads of subsidies for corporate handouts in his deadbeat state.

claims to be a steadfast guardian of civil liberties -- yet wants to enforce his stupid religious worldview on the rest of society.

also there's the weird personality cult surrounding him and his dumbass father. god, i hate internet libertarians

(they're all pretty terrible)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Did they drop the part that banned Obama from taking "extraordinary measures"?

I heard that was added.

They dropped the provision that demanded stricter income verification, and the repeal of the medical device tax.

I... really disagree. i think christie's reputation as a "moderate" is a complete fabrication that he only manages to get away with because the media is terrible at holding anyone accountable, ever.

he is just such a fucking hypocrite about so many things.

Likes to grandstand about tuff-rugged individualism and the invisible hand -- needs bucketloads of subsidies for corporate handouts in his deadbeat state.

claims to be a steadfast guardian of civil liberties -- yet wants to enforce his stupid religious worldview on the rest of society.

also there's the weird personality cult surrounding him and his dumbass father. god, i hate internet libertarians

(they're all pretty terribel)

They're all evil. But Paul Ryan did that dreadful time magazine shoot. He's just got this smirk that gets under my skin.

ISOM

well I for one am SHOCKED!

Who are these conservative republicans? I would assume if boehner does bring up a clean cr/debt limit raise there would be enough votes for it to pass. Just bring it to the fucking floor already and have republicans actually register their vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom