• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konka

Banned
Wow, these people on Fox went full retard.

3lcd.jpg

ido

Why won't people call out these idiots "modestly" requesting a delay of the individual mandate, by explaining that it's a very underhanded way to kill Obamacare?

It's pretty goddamn annoying hearing this mandate delay bullshit from the Right, as if that is some kind of reasonable demand. Nobody actually explains their bullshit.

ido

Rich asshole on Fox who owns burger junts explaining how Obamacare is going to force him to fuck his employees in the ass and cut their hours.

The cycle of shit on this channel is insane.

Riki

Rich asshole on Fox who owns burger junts explaining how Obamacare is going to force him to fuck his employees in the ass and cut their hours.

The cycle of shit on this channel is insane.
Reminds me of Papa John trying to cut his employees for the same reason. So fucking dumb.

ido

I seriously love all of this in-fighting.

Hannity is going to fold in half tonight. I want Limbaugh to drop the GOP and claim Libertarianism for the full party divide.

bonercop

That's an excellent piece. I too am fed up with school "reformers" who are trying to dismantle public education in the United States.

I highly recommend checking out her books on the subject, if you haven't already(particularly 'The Death and Life of the Great American School System: How Testing and Choice Are Undermining Education'). they're really interesting and well-researched

Huffington Post needs to fucking chill with their frontpage. It's a mess!! Huge fonts, random links everywhere, and horrible headlines. They are making Drudge look good.

Don't forget the random celebrity gossip on the side. Like I care who Zac Efron is dating while I'm reading your political page. I just go to tpm or politico now.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
You watching?

This guy is seriously bonkers.

Is he this stupid or is he this good at pretending?

Louis Gohmert is the type of guy that you think of when you think of a Tea Partier. Everything about him, his looks, intellect, mannerisms, and hell, even his name fits so appropriately. It's like he was created via some Republican version of a Weapon X initiative in an underground lab somewhere.

pigeon

Banned
One of the nastiest bits about this is that, if the GOP does lose seats in the House next year, it's not going to be Tea Party seats -- those are hard, hard red. The seats that could be in play are the blue state seats, held by the moderate Republicans. I hope they're happy with what they got by going along with Boehner for the last two weeks.

ido

Hannity is already hilarious. This entire network is kind of unsure in which direction to really let it all go in.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
One of the nastiest bits about this is that, if the GOP does lose seats in the House next year, it's not going to be Tea Party seats -- those are hard, hard red. The seats that could be in play are the blue state seats, held by the moderate Republicans. I hope they're happy with what they got by going along with Boehner for the last two weeks.

There's no such thing as a "moderate" Republican. Every Republican in the House and Senate voted:

-Repeal Obamacare 43 times
-For Paul Ryan's budget
-For the government shutdown

Fuck every one of them.

pigeon

Banned
There's no such thing as a "moderate" Republican. Every Republican in the House and Senate voted:

-For Paul Ryan's budget

Fuck every one of them.

You've changed, man.

Seriously, glad you're back. Good timing, too. Did the ban say "you're gone until the United States defaults on its obligations" or something?

-For Paul Ryan's budget

Those are Republicans fearing a Tea Party challenger in a primary.

The entire caucus isn't insane. But they have been guilty of putting their own electoral interests in the hands of the insane, and ahead of the interests of the people and indeed ahead of their own ideals.

Riki

Obama > Bill Clinton?

Can we say yes now?

They're both good in their own way.
Obama has this ability to be calm no matter what and make you think everything will be ok.
Clinton has this way of making anyone do whatever he wanted. He talks to you and you listen.

ido

In general, what's the story? Are they reporting on the imminent passage of the senate bill, which will have no concessions?

Basically, yes. They seem highly pissed that the Senate bill is essentially giving them nothing. It's amusing because they are having trouble figuring out where to place their anger. Their typical fallback is all of this is Obama's fault, of course, but there is for sure some in-fighting going on here. It's as if they aren't sure which line to tow just yet.

Obama > Bill Clinton?

Can we say yes now?

Obama > Bill Clinton the moment he passed the stimulus package, and really the moment he passed health care, but yeah. As I've said before, we haven't had our Reagan. But, Obama is our Nixon in the fact that he's passing the most liberal policy possible in a conservative-leaning narrative and beginning to change the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom