• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I always thought the title 'Fox and Friends' was ironic. Because after watching that show once, who would want to be friends with these people? Even setting aside their political bias, they seem like terrible human beings.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I always thought the title 'Fox and Friends' was ironic. Because after watching that show once, who would want to be friends with these people? Even setting aside their political bias, they seem like terrible human beings.

Fox and Friends is the second worst segment on Fox News behind Hannity. Though, I haven't seen Gretchen Carlson's new show yet. I imagine that is terrible seeing as she was the worst person on Fox and Friends.

Trouble

Banned
Fox and Friends is the second worst segment on Fox News behind Hannity. Though, I haven't seen Gretchen Carlson's new show yet. I imagine that is terrible seeing as she was the worst person on Fox and Friends.

Red eye deserves mention somewhere in there.

I don't imagine she'll be there for long. The usual Fox and Friends Blonde Female Host replacement process usually goes:

1. Insert new blonde on F&F.
2. Give old blonde some random dayside hour.
3. Wait until contract expires, don't offer old blonde another one and send her packing.

Meanwhile, Doocy and Kilmeade will be like Wooderson: they'll get older and older, but their female partner will stay the same age.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Red eye deserves mention somewhere in there.

Well, I guess by "terrible" I meant "disingenuous lie and propaganda filled segments that are infuriating".

Red Eye is a different kind of "terrible" in that it's "smarmy, unfunny, and lacking in any kind of real substance in between the classist insults".

Diablos

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO 3m
Per Sen sources, Boehner has agreed to take up the Senate's plan and allow it to pass with Dem votes.
If he did this a couple weeks ago his party and their agenda would be in much better shape. lol

ido

If he did this a couple weeks ago his party and their agenda would be in much better shape. lol

They dun fucked up.

Instead of inventing a crisis, and getting absolutely nothing out of it except the worst approval ratings in history, they could have passed everything originally, not shutdown the government, and began their anti-Obamacare propaganda brigade.

I would ask if everyone thinks they learned their lesson, but we all know this shit is going to happen again in a few months.

Riki

They dun fucked up.

Instead of inventing a crisis, and getting absolutely nothing out of it except the worst approval ratings in history, they could have passed everything originally, not shutdown the government, and began their anti-Obamacare propaganda brigade.

I would ask if everyone thinks they learned their lesson, but we all know this shit is going to happen again in a few months.
Let it. Let it happen every time. And let Obama never move an inch.
This is how the Republican party dies.

Touchdown

Banned
I'm starting to really believe that the house republicans just don't know how to craft a bill. They have yet to do so since winning majority am I right? Maybe all this madness is just a cover for them genuinely not knowing how to write a bill?

Diablos

Josh Marshall ‏@joshtpm 5m
Actly hearing of some House GOPs saying reaction to default/shutdown been so bad so far, no choice but to impeach so public gets it.​

Yes, please try that.
KqhvtWC.gif

lednerg

I'm not sure I'm grasping this fully. They think because they caught flak for the shutdown the public will realize who's fault it really was by impeaching Obama?

Yes, the people just don't get it right now. The message isn't getting out how the slimdown [aka "shutdown"] was entirely Obama's fault. He's the one who refused to repeal Obamacare, after all. He won't even negotiate on how best to defund Obamacare, which is clearly what everybody wants. It's been a nightmare, and he should be impeached - if only so that the people know who to blame for this.

Diablos

What does the verification entail? Would someone please leak this... wtf... hopefully it is just what was already in the bill

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well that seems like a good deal. The GOP got jackshit. On the downside the next default fight occurs right before my birthday.

thefro

Well that seems like a good deal. The GOP got jackshit. On the downside the next default fight occurs right before my birthday.

Since the treasury can use "extraordinary measures" again if there's a debt limit fight it'll be in September/October, close to the election. The last bill to raise the ceiling actually ended last March and we're just now getting to be in danger of default.

I'm starting to really believe that the house republicans just don't know how to craft a bill. They have yet to do so since winning majority am I right? Maybe all this madness is just a cover for them genuinely not knowing how to write a bill?
This is a good point. I remember an article about republicans voting for the Ryan budget in principle, ie when it was just some talking points on paper. When it came time to actually write the bill many members flinched because they were shocked at the cuts involved. Writing an actual bill is different than throwing talking points on paper, which is what republicans have done for three years.

Same with their 10 page healthcare plan, which can't even be fully scored by the CBO because it has no...well nothing. They spent 5 years complaining about bill sizes, now they're afraid to write a major bill.

I went to vote for Booker, and the people at the polling booth seemed surprised that someone had actually shown up. It was like an event that I was there. I wonder how low the turn-out is.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I went to vote for Booker, and the people at the polling booth seemed surprised that someone had actually shown up. It was like an event that I was there. I wonder how low the turn-out is.

It'll be low. That's why Christie made it a special election. It will keep Dem turnout low in the general and give him and the guy running against Booker a better shot of winning their elections.

"Right-Wing Media: We Didn't Lose The Shutdown Fight, We Were Betrayed"

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/10/16/right-wing-media-we-didnt-lose-the-shutdown-fig/196447

References Red State's Erick Erickson: http://www.redstate.com/2013/10/16/bridge-burning-and-bridge-building/

We only need a few good small businessmen and women to stand up and challenge these Republicans who are caving. If they refuse to fight for us, we must fight them. It is the only way we will finally be able to fight against Obamacare.

I am tired of funding Republicans who campaign against Obamacare then refuse to fight. It’s time to find a new batch of Republicans to actually practice what the current crop preaches.

And Limbaugh is also quoted.

Doubling down once again on that "conservatism didn't fail, leadership did" mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom