• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT3| 1,000 Years of Darkness and Nuclear Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy. I hope the Democrats just run on republicans being utter cunts next fall. Remind people that this is the second time they've taken us to the brink of defaulting and vilify them far and wide.

/wishful thinking.

Drakeon

Oh boy. I hope the Democrats just run on republicans being utter cunts next fall. Remind people that this is the second time they've taken us to the brink of defaulting and vilify them far and wide.

/wishful thinking.

lol, it'll probably be at least 3 times to the brink of default by November 2014.

Cruz and lee with their snake oil appeal on hannity is so pathetic.

Ahaha hannity claiming last Thursday the people were behind Cruz and asking what went wrong!? Lmao

ivysaur12

Banned
81 - 18

285 - 143

This could've been done weeks ago.

Across the Capitol, TPM asked Rep. Peter King (R-NY) if conservative members have learned their lesson about picking dead-end fights like defunding Obamacare. He paused, then laughed and said, "Uh, I don't know. Hope springs eternal. I don't know."

Awwwwww

Yes hannity have Bachman in.

She says Obama got 100% what he wanted because the GOP were the adults in the room. Hahahaha. Love that bubble.

Give me your tears, Michelle. I drink then up.

AniHawk

listened to some good ol tea party radio on the way home. the jist of it was, 'people won't remember the x's and o's a year from now, they won't remember all the specific details, but they'll remember the shutdown, and they'll be angry.'

as a case for why people will come out in support of the tea party.

Chichikov

Not even 100 GOP YEAs...
I'm kinda surprised by that, I get it that they're afraid to get primaried, but really, I can't believe that there are that many districts in this country that see voting against default a liability.
Also, this is going to create an image problem to the GOP, kinda hard to spin it as Obama's shutdown when a majority of your member in the one chamber you control voted for default.

Sibylus

Banned
If I'm a 1%er who's interested in helping put a firm control over financial issues, I'd fund a bunch of quasi-libertarians like Greenwald who put a light on civil liberties issues that will distract leftie types from economic issues or get them not to vote for Democrat's in national elections.
What's the endgame for that scheme, though? If voters are successfully flipped R, he could conceivably predict some business-friendly political pressure, but what would it do to alleviate government interference into his private life and the conduct of his business (something the Republican establishment thus far has indicated it's fine with)? Or assuming you're meaning a third party, the gains there seem even less profit-driven and more ideological. If he makes the Libertarian Party a little bit more successful that's sure to be an ego high, but the financial benefits would still be almost just as remote.

Jooney

Yes hannity have Bachman in.

She says Obama got 100% what he wanted because the GOP were the adults in the room. Hahahaha. Love that bubble.

Give me your tears, Michelle. I drink then up.

GOP are masters of projection. I don't know what's worse: thinking that the GOP were the adults in this whole debacle, or when Palin / Cruz said that the administration was using WWII veterans as political pawns in a game when speaking to veterans as a rally in the memorial.

I mean, c'mon.

What's the endgame for that scheme, though? If voters are successfully flipped R, he could conceivably predict some business-friendly political pressure, but what would it do to alleviate government interference into his private life and the conduct of his business (something the Republican establishment thus far has indicated it's fine with)? Or assuming you're meaning a third party, the gains there seem even less profit-driven and more ideological. If he makes the Libertarian Party a little bit more successful that's sure to be an ego high, but the financial benefits would still be almost just as remote.

Assuming this was a conspiracy, the goal isn't to turn people Republican. It's to make left-leaning voters apathetic and disinterested in both parties. As a result, in order for the DNC to win, they have move farther to the right, which forces the GOP even farther to the right, which means you win either way.

Again, I don't actually think this is happening, but I do find it interesting that folks like Greenwald are hailed as heroes among a certain (*coughwhitemalecough*) part of the Left, when at best, on economic issues, they don't give a damn.

GOP are masters of projection. I don't know what's worse: thinking that the GOP were the adults in this whole debacle, or when Palin / Cruz said that the administration was using WWII veterans as political pawns in a game.

I mean, c'mon.

Take heart. Rubio said that come April or so there will be an American revolt once people feel the impact of obamacare and that is when they'll win. Millions will rise up!

I'm kinda surprised by that, I get it that they're afraid to get primaried, but really, I can't believe that there are that many districts in this country that see voting against default a liability.
Also, this is going to create an image problem to the GOP, kinda hard to spin it as Obama's shutdown when a majority of your member in the one chamber you control voted for default.

Keep in mind, their voters are the people posting this nonsense on my Facebook feed.

1377313_572682049452631_715424970_n.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
My dream ticket would be Sanders/Franken.

You could replace one of them with Warren if necessary.

Jooney

Damn Obama and his commandment to fund the government at previously-agreed upon low levels. He won't get away with this.

If he just would have negotiated and given up Obamacare (the passed, signed, Supreme Court approved, voter certified legistlation), we could have avoided this whole thing! See! It's clearly his fault despite our side planning this shutdown for months!

bonercop

Again, I don't actually think this is happening, but I do find it interesting that folks like Greenwald are hailed as heroes among a certain (*coughwhitemalecough*) part of the Left, when at best, on economic issues, they don't give a damn.

the segment of the left that doesn't suck cares about both.

pigeon

Banned

I don't understand what you're suggesting here. If I want lower taxes as a rich person, it's strongly to my advantage if the Republicans win elections, because the Democratic platform is more or less explicitly to raise taxes on me. So if I have the power to disaffect a bunch of Millenial voters I obviously have a motivation to do it.

In this case I think that there are a good number of libertarian Millenials already and Greenwald is just preaching to the choir there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom