• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting so what if there was no Citizen United like before 2010? Where would that $100 million he raised likely have gone to instead?

I don't know. I'd assume Super PACs would be a lot less appealing if they can't broadcast television, radio, cable, and satellite ads in the month before the election, and people would instead choose to donate the max to the candidate and be done with it, making that amount be a lot less.

Oh. That's interesting. So why is everyone so WAHH superpac

Just turn off TV

superpac lose

I guess that's true. Not exactly likely to happen though.

Whats wrong with teddy cruz
8i8mo32.jpg

Dunno, man. That answer seems quite like something Trump would say. He's probably trying to emulate.

Of course Trump would then say that IT'S SO EAAASSSSYYY and forward a completely ridiculous solution.

Tarkus

Dunno, man. That answer seems quite like something Trump would say. He's probably trying to emulate.

Of course Trump would then say that IT'S SO EAAASSSSYYY and forward a completely ridiculous solution.
No, Trump answers that question explicitly. Cruz diverted to Obama and got called out for it.

Tarkus

I believe MK is about to address Trump live. On commercial now. She said, "up next, some words about someone who you've come to know very well."
Edit: she trolled me

Yes but it's still a solution. Cruz is a coward. He was expecting to coast on Fox News. I think if Cruz and Trump combine forces, they can turn the base against Kelly/Fox News if they haven't already.

HylianTom

Banned
I'd like to meet this universe where people would go "omg, i was totally gonna vote for hillary, but she put castro as vp? fuck that, trump/jebba it is".

Get castro, double down on florida, laugh.

The main risk that I see is if the GOP or media try to repeat a chant of "he's inexperienced" ad nauseam (we've already seen this in some places), and then he has a slight screw-up either an interview or a debate, and voters in the middle go.. "Hmm. They might have a point."

The Virginia guys, for the most part, seem to be very boring/safe picks, and I tend to favor that kind of route. I don't think folks would immediately turn on her once the pick is announced, but he'd have to tread very carefully without giving them any ammo for trying to paint him as a Palin or Quayle-tier pick. If she were to pick him, I'd cheer and hope for the best.. but I admit that my blood pressure would be a bit up whenever he does a big event.

Ya know, the only reason you are asking me about illegal immigration is because I brought it up, nobody was talking about illegal immigration before me. The solution is simple, I'm going to deport everyone, and I'm going to build a wall with a beautiful door so that people can come back legally. Did you know gangs in Baltimore, Chicago, and Ferguson are full off illegal immigrants?

Ya know, the only reason you are asking me about illegal immigration is because I brought it up, nobody was talking about illegal immigration before me. I'm going to deport everyone, and I'm going to build a wall with a beautiful door so that people can come back legally. Did you know gangs in Baltimore, Chicago, and Ferguson are full off illegal immigrants?

I legit heard him saying those words. Bravo, man.

The main risk that I see is if the GOP or media try to repeat a chant of "he's inexperienced" ad nauseam (we've already seen this in some places), and then he has a slight screw-up either an interview or a debate, and voters in the middle go.. "Hmm. They might have a point."

The Virginia guys, for the most part, seem to be very boring/safe picks, and I tend to favor that kind of route. I don't think folks would immediately turn on her once the pick is announced, but he'd have to tread very carefully without giving them any ammo for trying to paint him as a Palin or Quayle-tier pick. If she were to pick him, I'd cheer and hope for the best.. but I admit that my blood pressure would be a bit up whenever he does a big event.

I see your point, but my concern with arguments about VP's dooming campaigns is that even with Romney carrying the absolute disaster that ended up being Ryan, no one's blaming that asshat for costing him the election. Going by recent events, you need something as catastrophic as a Palin to legit make a VP pick ruin your chances.

Plus the republicans tend to pick younger VP's, especially if an old fart is in the lead, so no harm there. Even if by some miracle Cruz or Rubio get the nom, they're only 4 years older than him. Can't run on lack of experience and "too young" then.

Way i see it is you already got blacks on lock and reps sure aren't taking those. Do what you can to increase appeal with latinos and the thing's done.

RDreamer

Yes but it's still a solution. Cruz is a coward. He was expecting to coast on Fox News. I think if Cruz and Trump combine forces, they can turn the base against Kelly/Fox News if they haven't already.

Trump/Cruz 2016

Wonder what would happen if they announced that would be the ticket or something and completely threw a wrench into things.

That Cruz interview was terrible, now they are blaming the liberal media for questions. Also, what kind of strategy is calling for investigations, and then using your investigations for evidence for corruption. It's like calling the calling cops on someone and saying if they are so innocent, why are the cops here?

FiggyCal

Banned
As far as Rubio's stance on the 14th amendment goes:
“There’s a legitimate issue embedded within this debate, and that is, you have people coming to this country expressly for the purpose of having children.”
He can say that he's against the repeal of the 14th amendment. But he's using the same talking points.

It's like in the gop debate where he, on the one hand, rightfully brings up the fact that people can just dig under a wall and then at the same time endorses building a fence around the border in the same sentence.

He is just crazy enough to be Trump's vp.

The sad thing is he probably had decent name recognition and probably net positive recognition in the Hispanic community before his stream of consciousness campaign announcement speech.
But would he have surged to first place in the polls if he hadn't? Trump was a non factor joke on the day of his announcement. The comment made him a lot more popular.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
But would he have surged to first place in the polls if he hadn't? Trump was a non factor joke on the day of his announcement. The comment made him a lot more popular.

I think he says enough offensive and crazy things where something else would've stuck eventually. That probably was not the only time he would've mentioned rapist Mexican immigrants either. But yeah, he definitely struck gold with the backlash on that speech.

The sad thing is he probably had decent name recognition and probably net positive recognition in the Hispanic community before his stream of consciousness campaign announcement speech.

Isn't it crazy to think back at that Trump launch:
-He apparently paid extras to fill his announcement speech room
-He massively insulted Mexicans
- New York Post came out with that 'clown throws hat in ring cover'
- Macy's, PGA, Univision, NBC all dropped him

And now he's the hottest thing in Politics. How the fuck did that happen?

I love the Ramos thread

"there's a process"

"decorum!"

"act like a journalist"

Jorge Ramos is latino, has friends who are latino and this idiot trump guy is calling them rapists, violent, provoking violence against, and threatening to through out of the country they call home. But god forbid he doesn't respect artificial decorum rules in front of a racist bigot. It reminds me a lot of the criticisms of BLM (not the bernie event) but the general, "be respectful!" "wait your turn"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Isn't it crazy to think back at that Trump launch:
-He apparently paid extras to fill his announcement speech room
-He massively insulted Mexicans
- New York Post came out with that 'clown throws hat in ring cover'
- Macy's, PGA, Univision, NBC all dropped him

And now he's the hottest thing in Politics. How the fuck did that happen?

He is what the GOP elite told their base to look for. Plus he really knows how to play the media cycle.

User1608

Banned
I love the Ramos thread

"there's a process"

"decorum!"

"act like a journalist"

Jorge Ramos is latino, has friends who are latino and this idiot trump guy is calling them rapists, violent, provoking violence against, and threatening to through out of the country they call home. But god forbid he doesn't respect artificial decorum rules in front of a racist bigot. It reminds me a lot of the criticisms of BLM (not the bernie event) but the general, "be respectful!" "wait your turn"
It's sad and hilarious at the same time. Pretty infuriating too; that's why I hope Trump is the nominee so Hillary can give him the classiest landslide loss ever.
*edit* Oh God, just imagining Trump's reaction to such a loss is hilarious along with those of his supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom