• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Scott BixbyVerified account
‏@scottbix
Three GOP Hill staffers in the past hour have told me that they're expecting McCarthy's resignation by Monday. Rep. Ellmers, too.

How credible is this guy Aaron? If he was Costa I could believe it.

expecting does not mean going to.

I still can't get over the irony of EracerAcer being for a pathological lying pro-corporate corrupt wacko candiate. It's so beautifully ironic.
I do find it also funnt how people think Grayson is now a
pro-corporate corrupt wacko candiate.

Guys he's got some questionable positions but he's a damn liberal far more than most.

ivysaur12

Banned
Quinnipiac:

Murphy 37, Lopez-Cantera 29 Murphy +8
Murphy 37, DeSantis 30 Murphy +7
Grayson 35, Lopez-Cantera 32 Grayson +3
Grayson 37, DeSantis 31 Grayson +6

So much for PoliGAF's assertion Grayson will lose the seat if nominated.

Jesus christ.

It's a year out from the election, these are largely unknowns, his numbers are worse than Murphy's, and a third of those polls are undecided. He's not even that liberal! He just said something kind of bombastic about healthcare one time! Murphy is, generally, a much more level-headed candidate.

Iolo

Rumors on the Hill that Ellmers and McCarthy will be resigning soon.

Jesus that escalated quickly. The only "young gun" left will be Ryan.

Why though? The only reason to resign is if something improper, like abuse of government resources, was going on. Say, they expensed hotels for trysts. Otherwise mere contrition is the order of the day.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why though? The only reason to resign is if something improper, like abuse of government resources, was going on. Say, they expensed hotels for trysts. Otherwise mere contrition is the order of the day.

Maybe they were into some of that kinky, nasty, can't-talk-about-it-with-nobody shit.

NeoXChaos

Affair is not improper?

I have been waiting a long ass time for some delicious jeb news so I can post a gif that I think will be really funny in context with it.

Seeing neoxs new avatar i am now deeply regretful for posting that image

Lol a+ image usage

love it. thx.

Cheebo

Banned
Affair is not improper?

love it. thx.
56561-fkulfotocom-45ql.jpeg

ivysaur12

Banned
Morally yes, but unless laws were broken or they were in (say) the process of impeaching a president for having an affair, I would not expect immediate surrender.

Maybe they're trying to get out before the other shoe drops. Or it could be a family thing.

Morally yes, but unless laws were broken or they were in (say) the process of impeaching a president for having an affair, I would not expect immediate surrender.
Pressure from the other Republicans maybe - the last thing they need during a leadership crisis is for one of those leaders to be tangled up in a sex scandal with another elected official.

Just waiting for something to bring down Ryan if you don't count getting spanked by Uncle Joe.

But scandal breaking would mean that McCarthy did not get buried by his benghazi comments, which will embolden the conservatives more. They will just blame it on the scandal.

Iolo

The only reason that McCarthy and Ellmers (probably) cheated on their spouses was because of Obama, if you think about it.

Obama is on the record saying that marriage strengthens families, so conservatives were forced to do the opposite.

e: thus it should only increase their standing with the base

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This whole fiasco is Obama's fault.

If only Obama showed some leadership, the GOP House could find a leader.

While everyone else was quoting republicans who attended the meeting and will decide the next speaker, Fox News was literally reporting solely on what Obama and Hillary had to say about McCarthy leaving, which was basically a no comment.

I was hoping to get better information on where the republicans might go next from a network that largely agrees from them, but it seems like they'll do anything they can to avoid talking about the story.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That Florida map is really solid. Between that and the Virginia redistricting case Democrats should have a net three pickups on lockdown. Of course, it's very unlikely this will push them into a majority by itself. But given the utter chaos the Republicans have created for themselves I wouldn't be surprised if more targets open up.

Right now I would say in a good 2016 election (say the Dem wins by five points in the popular vote) the Democrats would probably pick up 20 seats at most.

I was gonna say that 20 seats ain't bad at all, until I checked the numbers and realized we currently have a near 60 seat deficit. Hell, even when we had a good year in 2012, we still lost the house by 30 seats. Jesus Christ, dems fucked up massively in 2010.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Establishment-types ought to invest in wall-building companies and ads for Trump without his permission. That's a massive lead, right?

No matter how much dumb shit Huckabee does he just can't get anyone to care. It's like being any kind of politician is a detriment but having run before like Santorum and Huckabee is a death blow.

embed.do

No matter how much dumb shit Huckabee does he just can't get anyone to care. It's like being any kind of politician is a detriment but having run before like Santorum and Huckabee is a death blow.

embed.do

I gotta say, I'm liking the cut of this "Unsure" guy's jib. 4th place with no last name is nothing to sneeze at.

NeoXChaos

Report: Julián Castro to endorse Clinton next week

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/256566-report-julian-castro-to-endorse-hillary-next-week

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro is endorsing Democrat Hillary Clinton for president, a new report says.

Castro plans on backing Clinton during an event in San Antonio next week, according to BuzzFeed.

It said on Friday that three sources have confirmed his endorsement is coming during an event on Oct. 15.
Castro’s decision is the latest move from Clinton’s Latinos for Hillary initiative begun earlier this month.

The HUD secretary was born in San Antonio with his twin, Rep. Joaquín Castro (D-Texas) and once served as the city’s mayor.

Julián Castro is frequently mentioned as a potential running mate for Clinton during the 2016 presidential election.

Joaquín Castro, meanwhile, has repeatedly campaigned with the former first lady this summer in critical voting states like Iowa.

Latinos for Hillary is also organizing a number of Hispanic house parties heading into next week’s first televised Democratic presidential debate on Oct. 13.

I was gonna say that 20 seats ain't bad at all, until I checked the numbers and realized we currently have a near 60 seat deficit. Hell, even when we had a good year in 2012, we still lost the house by 30 seats. Jesus Christ, dems fucked up massively in 2010.
Well don't look at it that way - every seat the Democrats gain is a seat the Republicans lose. If we won 30 seats we'd have a majority.

Well sure. Gotta endorse your future boss.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
538 jumped all over the fact that Trump started trending downwards. I wonder if they'll mention it if/when he starts trending upwards again.

HylianTom

Banned
I think they'll take Trump seriously if he wins Iowa.

If he wins Iowa and New Hampshire, then the doubts that he can drive people to the polls go away. At that point, we get to see the establishment's biggest freak-out yet. Pressure on everyone not named Bush (or maybe Rubio) to drop-out will become incredible.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
538 jumped all over the fact that Trump started trending downwards. I wonder if they'll mention it if/when he starts trending upwards again.

Probably not, they've been denying Trump since day 1.

If he wins Iowa and New Hampshire, then the doubts that he can drive people to the polls go away. At that point, we get to see the establishment's biggest freak-out yet. Pressure on everyone not named Bush (or maybe Rubio) to drop-out will become incredible.

It'd be amazing.

Huckabee is a charlatan. He's there to peddle books, his radio show, whatever. He is this election's newt gingrich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom