• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread got weird.

I mean we don't call Jeb "John Ellis" to spite him.

Just white liberal guilt. Nothing wrong with mentioning Jindal's first name. Now if you were to call him Patel or some shit than yes, that would be racial/ugly because then you're not using his correct name but giving him a random Indian name.

Thank god I'm black.

Cheebo

Banned
Jindal is so irrelevant it makes no sense to be even outraged enough to want to rant about him. It would be like a Republican getting worked up about Lincoln Chafee.

Just white liberal guilt. Nothing wrong with mentioning Jindal's first name. Now if you were to call him Patel or some shit than yes, that would be racial/ugly because then you're not using his correct name but giving him a random Indian name.

Thank god I'm black.
Im not white and and I don't call him Bobby because of guilt, it's because if I changed my name because I felt like it no longer defined myself, and people insisted on calling me by my old name to ridicule me, it would make me feel like shit that I could never escape my past.
Your white liberal shtick is tired and old, pd. Find something else

Ever heard of Cassius Clay

Teggy

Also late to the debate impressions but I didn't have a chance to watch until yesterday. Night and day difference between D and R debates, good god. People complain that the D debate was boring but that's how a presidential debate should be. You should not be 'entertained' by the process of electing president, the candidates should come across as experienced, knowledgeable, and professional. The RNC has a huge optics problem going into their next debate in my opinion, the R debates were already a joke but now people actually have a point of reference.

Exactly. Hillary should tweet out, "Sorry we bored you Donald, but we're running for president, not trying to kick off our next reality show."
Or have her writers come up with something funnier than I can.

Bush raised a TON! Confident in my pick.
tumblr_m80geq0XxR1rn95k2o1_500.gif

left Donald = GOP base
right Donald = Bush

Jindal can come back. He is not term limited for life. He will be the new Edwin Edwards but first we gotta get through possibly 4-8 years of David "diaper Dave" Vitter.

Jindal is certainly NOT Edwin Edwards, and never will be in terms of being loved - or even love-hate - by the people of Louisiana. Jindal is hated and couldn't run for dogcatcher now.

Im not white and and I don't call him Bobby because of guilt, it's because if I changed my name because I felt like it no longer defined myself, and people insisted on calling me by my old name to ridicule me, it would make me feel like shit that I could never escape my past.

Why are you making this a race issue? I'm talking in more broad, generic terms. I see everyone online as white, except for myself.

NeoXChaos

It's social issue elections season and I saw this attack ad in Houston last night that made me smh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7thOvSvC4E

That innocent girl they used to portray her being vulerable and in grave danger...what's sad is I'm sure a bunch of senior citizens will collectively gasp and run to the polls to vote no

A brazen man can already go into a bathroom to assault a girl or woman. It aint like there is some force field preventing a man him from entering.

A brazen man can already go into a bathroom to assault a girl or woman. It aint like there is some force field preventing a man him from entering.

Don't you understand, restrooms were built by Bran The Builder thousands of years ago. With the help of the Children Of The Forest he weaved old spells into each restroom ensuring that no man could enter a female restroom. But those spells only last as long as true protectors defend our restrooms from political correctness.

The restrooms have fallen, and now the realms of women are threatened.

pigeon

Banned

Don't get tilted by PD's posts, they're all trolls every time.

Makai

Trump and Carson both threatening to skip next debate :U

Fantasy: they host their own "debate" with just the two of them so people can warm up to the idea of a Trump/Carson ticket.

I don't see how this Afghanistan decision is anything other than a huge mistake by Obama. All we are doing is continuing to prop up a government that's never going to stand on its own. It's like Vietnam, Iraq, etc. We're just going to continue killing people for no real reason other than we've convinced ourselves somehow were making progress when none can be found (and which we might be actively making worse)

We've been there for 14 damn years. It's our longest war and we had the best shot to leave and we've blown it because somehow we think the Taliban are a huge threat 1000 miles away. I mean sure monitor the country. Attempt to broker a peace but it shouldn't be our troops in harm's way for a futile goal.

it would make me feel like shit that I could never escape my past.

I don't refer to him by his real first name ever, but I don't completely agree that it's racist to do so. Maybe after more arguing I'll change my stance (it happens more often in here than one would think), but the above highlights one of the reasons I don't have an issue with it. IMO he's running from his past for political reasons. If his base is so fucking racist they can't vote for a man with an Indian name, then he's just capitulating to that racism for political gain. Pointing this out highlights issues with Bobby himself and the people he's pandering to. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he just really wants an American name because he feels that strongly about this country he lives in. He's such a fucking slime ball that I end out not giving him the benefit of the doubt though.

I don't see how this Afghanistan decision is anything other than a huge mistake by Obama. All we are doing is continuing to prop up a government that's never going to stand on its own. It's like Vietnam, Iraq, etc. We're just going to continue killing people for no real reason other than we've convinced ourselves somehow were making progress when none can be found (and which we might be actively making worse)

We've been there for 14 damn years. It's our longest war and we had the best shot to leave and we've blown it because somehow we think the Taliban are a huge threat 1000 miles away. I mean sure monitor the country. Attempt to broker a peace but it shouldn't be our troops in harm's way for a futile goal.

My guess is this is more political. Wait for Hillary to take over then leave. Don't want Afghan in turmoil to dominate the headlines next year.

Yes it sucks that politics plays a part...but it does.

params7

Banned
I'm gonna say it, it's racist to keep calling him Piyush when he's pretty clearly not interested in being called that.

Don't see how. Maybe its offensive to the person himself since it seems like he wants to let go of his birth name (and his Indian legacy so to say - I've read controversial stuff about him wanting to look more white in his portraits).

Maybe if you look at a random Indian and call him Piyush with a snarky remark, that would definitely be racist.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is Nate Silver melting down with these attacks on Trump because he has been so wrong about him and his chances? Seems childish.

Makai

Is Nate Silver melting down with these attacks on Trump because he has been so wrong about him and his chances? Seems childish.
I think he feels like he's damaged his brand and he's betting the farm so he can say, "see, I was right all along!"

User1608

Banned
Jindal can come back. He is not term limited for life. He will be the new Edwin Edwards but first we gotta get through possibly 4-8 years of David "diaper Dave" Vitter.
Oh my, I remember the diaper thing lol. A baby running Louisiana sounds pretty appealing!
It's social issue elections season and I saw this attack ad in Houston last night that made me smh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7thOvSvC4E

That innocent girl they used to portray her being vulerable and in grave danger...what's sad is I'm sure a bunch of senior citizens will collectively gasp and run to the polls to vote no
Fuck. Good to know we're considered sexually deviant men and predators (AGAIN).

Cheebo

Banned
Nate can be pretty petulant. His tiff with PPP was the first time I was like "really dude?"
As long as no one questions his statistics this time the general will be good. It was beyond embarrassing watching some liberals try to spin and lie to themselves the dems would hold the senate despite it being clear from Nates numbers that was not going to happen in 2014.

I can't wait till we can get to that point. Following random polls is so haphazard.

Makai

As long as no one questions is numbers this time the general will be good. It was beyond embarrassing watching some liberals try to spin and lie to themselves the dems would hold the senate despite it being clear from Nates numbers that was not going to happen in 2014.
Nate's the one questioning the numbers this time.

Cheebo

Banned
Nate's the one questioning the numbers this time.
I am talking about his statistical model, which has been pretty much flawless since 2008 over those four elections. Not Nates opinions.

And to be fair in terms of his opinions I don't think there is a single political reporter out there who thinks Trump or Carson will be the nominee so Nate is pretty much in agreement with everyone else in the biz.

jtb

Banned
I think the motive for Nate's attacks on Trump has been pretty simple—Trump drives traffic and FiveThirtyEight needs traffic. No secret the site was doing horribly before this year (though I think traffic has picked up a lot once primary season began), gotta use Trump as a lifeboat for the site.

If only they could get Anderson Cooper to do the GOP debate, going to long wouldn't be an issue. All the candidates would be openly weeping after 15 minutes.

Wilsongt

looks like bish got tired of Metamorphosis peddling his shit

also god damn at this double callout

It's unfortunate he got banned, because at least he is intelligent about his bullshit, but yeah. You can only argue the English language so much before someone gets tired of the semantics and realizes it brings nothing to the conversation.

If he isn't already a lawyer, he would certainly make a good one for conservative think tanks.

NeoXChaos

It's unfortunate he got banned, because at least he is intelligent about his bullshit, but yeah. You can only argue the English language so much before someone gets tired of the semantics and realizes it brings nothing to the conversation.

If he isn't already a lawyer, he would certainly make a good one for conservative think tanks.

is he really a conservative in real life?

Wilsongt

is he really a conservative in real life?

I would imagine so. Because, when it came to all of his arguments towards the gay marriage cause and the Obamacare cases up at the SCOTUS, he always argued in favor of the wording the conservatives used.

Edit: He did call out some bullshit in -some- conservative lawsuits, but his positions on many things, including that BLM discussion, was strongly conservative.

HylianTom

Banned
Reporter on Twitter: CNBC will cave to Trump's demands.

@CGasparino said:
.@realDonaldTrump wins again: ppl inside @CNBC say he network will cave to his debate demands because ads sold based on Trumped-up audience

ivysaur12

Banned
Meta!

I'll pour one out by jizzing to the petitioners briefs in King v. Burwell.

Sorry. King v. Burwell. He would've wanted it like that.

Racial politics is not the place for semantic word games because that's literally a tool racists have used time and time again. I don't blame people for not having patience for that.

I hope he's back. Though

Tarkus

Now both of brainchild's accounts are banned.
kidding...

ivysaur12

Banned
Was the NeoGA user Metaphoreous permanently banned as a user from NeoGAF.com's message board? I am not aware of his supposed transgression to deserve this potential fate, but there is always a hollow feeling losing someone, regardless of personal disagreements.

Fixed. You know, for him.

At the end of the debate CNN mentioned the next GOP debate by them will be moderated by Wolf Blitzer.

Cons: He's Wolf, won't ask anything tough and sure as hell won't follow up like Cooper

Pros: Everyone will be in a dead heat coming in.

Brainchild was banned too, he told someone to kindly go fuck themself

Before every post you make you should think to yourself, will this get me banned? And if there is a significant possibility it might, is what I'm saying worth it

NeoXChaos

At the end of the debate CNN mentioned the next GOP debate by them will be moderated by Wolf Blitzer.

Cons: He's Wolf, won't ask anything tough and sure as hell won't follow up like Cooper

Pros: Everyone will be in a dead heat coming in.

Wolf is so robotic though. I can't have a beer with him.

Mike M

Nick N
Metaphoreus had some great contributions to Creative Writing GAF the couple times he stopped by.

Plus I think he voted for my entries, so that raises my regard significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom