• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAF proved me wrong today.

I always assumed there were no people who actually cared about the email thing aside from the fact that Hillary was involved.

I guess the jury's still out... dude could be a Republican concern troll, but otherwise I guess I learned something today.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Scalise is terrible, but the other option is even worse with Tom Price.

2 years ago the tea party had no one in house leadership. Now 2 of the top 3 are probably going to be Tea Party hardliners.

Things probably aren't changing much in the short term just like things didn't change directly after Cantor resigned, but McCarthy is kinda the last of the establishment to hold the fort. The floodgates of craziness are going to open if he gets forced out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Scalise is terrible, but the other option is even worse with Tom Price.

2 years ago the tea party had no one in house leadership. Now 2 of the top 3 are probably going to be Tea Party hardliners.

Things probably aren't changing much in the short term just like things didn't change directly after Cantor resigned, but McCarthy is kinda the last of the establishment to hold the fort. The floodgates of craziness are going to open if he gets forced out.

President Trump is going to have a crazy first term.

CPydItlUwAEJXeb.jpg

whew

GAF proved me wrong today.

I always assumed there were no people who actually cared about the email thing aside from the fact that Hillary was involved.

I guess the jury's still out... dude could be a Republican concern troll, but otherwise I guess I learned something today.
'Concern troll' is used so much here, and often to dismiss someone with perhaps a different view of things. We as a community are not a monolith

Diablos

Well, shit. The House GOP leadership post-Boehner is terrifying. As if it couldn't be any more terrifying. What are we gonna do?

Well, shit. The House GOP leadership post-Boehner is terrifying. As if it couldn't be any more terrifying. What are we gonna do?

I dunno, dance? They might end up crazier than usual, but they're gonna be just as ineffective, if not moreso. Long term, this is only gonna hurt them.

Tarkus

Just saw Bill Clinton in an interview. His health looks to have deteriorated from the last time I saw him, which admittedly was a while back. He had some major venous dilatation in his face and neck. Signs of severe heart failure (likely given his cardiac history). I'd pay $100 to exam him.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
You and many others are blatantly ascribing motives to me that I've never proclaimed whatsoever.

You must be new here.

The contents of the emails are important as it regards National security.

The contents of emails she didn't provide are important as it regards National security.

The contents of emails she didn't provide, if legally they should have been a part of the public record, are not important in determining whether she lied at a minimum to the American people if not committed perjury and continues to break the Federal Records Act without consequence.

I know the psychological games you're trying to play conflating the issues. And story isn't going away, regardless of how much discussion you suppress on this forum because people don't want to deal with it while not getting backed up.

Hear, hear. And even ignoring the questions of what was on the server and how it got there, we're left with a whole series of lies from Clinton on this subject. It's no excuse that Bill Clinton should never have been asked about Lewinsky, which some seem to think justifies writing off any concerns about Hillary's misrepresentations. The situations aren't comparable. There's no doubt that the contents of Clinton's emails and server are an issue implicating legitimate government concerns--including the role of Congress in investigating Benghazi (whatever one may think of the investigation itself), the legal requirement that government records be retained, and the legal requirements relating to classified information. We're not talking about a private affair here.

Just saw Bill Clinton in an interview. His health looks to have deteriorated from the last time I saw him, which admittedly was a while back. He had some major venous dilatation in his face and neck. Signs of severe heart failure (likely given his cardiac history). I'd pay $100 to exam him.

Dude, he was playing golf a couple weeks ago just chilling.

NeoXChaos

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/joe-biden-kitty-kelley-1974-profile-death-and-the-all-american-boy/index.php?mod=e2this

Great article on Diamond Joe from 1974

In his office in the New Senate Office Building surrounded by more than 35 pictures of his late wife, Biden launched into a three-hour reminiscence. It wasn’t maudlin—he seemed to enjoy remembering aloud. He was the handsome football hero. She was the beautiful homecoming queen. Their marriage was perfect. Their children were beautiful. And they almost lived happily ever after. “Neilia was my very best friend, my greatest ally, my sensuous lover. The longer we lived together the more we enjoyed everything from sex to sports. Most guys don’t really know what I lost because they never knew what I had. Our marriage was sensational. It was exceptional, and now that I look around at my friends and my colleagues, I know more than ever how phenomenal it really was. When you lose something like that, you lose a part of yourself that you never get back again.

“Let me show you my favorite picture of her,” he says, holding up a snapshot of Neilia in a bikini. “She had the best body of any woman I ever saw. She looks better than a Playboy bunny, doesn’t she?

I might satisfy her in bed but I didn’t have much time for anything else. That’s when she started campaigning with me and that’s when I started winning. You know, the people of Delaware really elected her,” he says, “but they got me.”

His sister Valerie says we will all get that chance one of these days. “Joey is going to be President someday. He was made to be in the White House. There is no one else who can lead the country. Just you wait and see.” She believes her brother is another John F. Kennedy, and she’s not alone. Even before his election Time magazine compared Joe Biden and his beautiful young family to the Kennedys and talked about Presidential possibilities some day. The Irish Catholic similarities were obvious. Both campaigned with glamor. Both were sexy. Both were elected to Congress before the age of 30. And both were struck by tragedy.

Some veteran political reporters believe that Joe Biden is much more determined to be President than Jack Kennedy ever was at 31. “Biden knows what he’s doing and where he’s going,” said one. “Kennedy pussyfooted around at that age. I much prefer the Biden style to that JFK cat-and-mouse game.”

Most journalists I talked with agreed that Joe Biden would run for President some day. One said, “There isn’t a Senator alive who doesn’t secretly believe he should be enthroned next to that little red phone in the Oval office, and Bien is no exception. But I think he might win someday.” A wire service reporter sizes up Biden’s chances as “better than 60-40.” He added, Can you imagine what they’ll be when he’s old enough to run and people know who he is?”

Senator Biden does not dismiss the subject. “Let’s do wait and see,” he says. “Come back and talk to me in a few years. By then I’ll be old enough to run. Right now, I’m too young. I’m probably the only Senator you can really believe when he says he’s not planning on running for President, at least not in 1976.”

ivysaur12

Banned
Let me start off by saying I care(d) the least about the email situation up until now. I don't think it was ever a national security issue. There were no legitimate government functions impeded, and I feel as if I would only care if the situation were reversed, and this was a grasping at straws against a strong Republican candidate as a way to discredit them. Even then (and I've done that), that would feel false and partisan. That being said --

What does bother me is that, up until now, Clinton has said that she has turned over all of her emails because she didn't start using clintonemail.com until March 2009 and used a Blackberry email that she can't retrieve. Okay. I buy that. But now, we see that there were clintonemail.com emails sent before March 2009? Why? What happened there? Why does those emails exist? Were they on her Blackberry server? I'm confused. And if it's what it seems, it's extremely frustrating and speaks less to character and more to incompetence.

If we're talking about traits that we desire for our presidents, "competence" should be near the top of the list. I don't like this.

NeoXChaos

Oh no they got Ivysaur.

Seems like technological incompetence to me. I guess if Jeb Bush was SoS and he did the same thing I would certainly be hoping this would kill his candidacy. The best thing is to wait for the investigations to finish their work.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm literally the opposite of Diablos in terms of worrying, and of course I still will vote for her in the end. It's frustrating. I can't wait for 2024.

Wilsongt

#hotgaydoritos

Please view the… video. Better yet, play it in one of your corporate board meetings and ask if it represents the values and views of Frito-Lay. If not, you should apologize, sever ties with hate groups like Savage’s, and explain how you were unaware of his history.

If it does represent the corporate values of Frito-Lay, then the Christian community needs to be made aware that Frito-Lay has decided to not seek their business.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/huckabee-targets-doritos-over-lgbt-friendly-chips/

#boycottdoritos

attentionwhoredog-1.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't know much about Bernie Sanders, I've just seen some of his passion. Maybe he has a plan for turning spending into growth, I'm all about profit margins not necessarily bare-bones spending.

And on leadership? As always, the Marine Corps has it best. JJ DID TIE BUCKLE:
Justice
Judgment

Dependability
Integrity
Decisiveness

Tact
Initiative
Endurance

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Enthusiasm

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/leadership_traits.htm

And you know it when you see it.

What the hell?

God, you're like every other libertarian that I've ever met. You claim that you're socially liberal and economically conservative, yet when push comes to shove, you pretty support whoever the hell the Republican choice is.

By the way, I have a question (to anyone). All these e-mails that have been revealed so far. I know that we've gotten shit like "pls print" out in the open, but if we do find something that's actually classified, that shit wouldn't be revealed to the public, to show everyone what secrets Hillary supposedly leaked or whatever, right? And if not, then why is shit like "pls print" allowed to be shown to everyone? Cause it doesn't endanger national security? I don't understand how any of this shit's supposed to work exactly.

noshten

It's too bad Sanders just isn't a viable alternative. I'd say Al Gore has a better chance of jumping in at the last minute and getting the nom than Sanders.

I'm sure we gonna hear about DNC proping up other candidates in the coming weeks. In the end voters will decide what is viable and what isn't.
Al Gore or anyone else going this late into the game will need to step up their ground game. Enter the race as soon as possible, otherwise Iowa, NH and any momentum and traction might pass them buy.
Elizabeth Warren is looking like a mighty good choice right now. Much more personalble, honest and likeable - the sort of mainstream candidate that doesn't have the kind of baggage that Al Gore, Clinton, Karry bring to the table.

Well, voters seem to be choosing Biden in greater and greater numbers in polls than Sanders and he hasn't even said anything yet. #3rdplacebernie

Too bad Biden is lacking the organizational capacity at the moment since he is not actually in the campaign in that case.

I'm sure we gonna hear about DNC proping up other candidates in the coming weeks. In the end voters will decide what is viable and what isn't.

Well, voters seem to be choosing Biden in greater and greater numbers in polls than Sanders and he hasn't even said anything yet. #3rdplacebernie

Metaphoreus

By the way, I have a question (to anyone). All these e-mails that have been revealed so far. I know that we've gotten shit like "pls print" out in the open, but if we do find something that's actually classified, that shit wouldn't be revealed to the public, to show everyone what secrets Hillary supposedly leaked or whatever, right? And if not, then why is shit like "pls print" allowed to be shown to everyone? Cause it doesn't endanger national security? I don't understand how any of this shit's supposed to work exactly.

Is your question about why some stuff is classified while other stuff isn't?

EDIT: And there's no question that there's stuff on her server that's actually classified (or at least that there was). That was news two months ago.

Too bad Biden is lacking the organizational capacity at the moment since he is not actually in the campaign in that case.

But if he does enter. Imagine how much of a boost he will get immediately. Something tells me Sanders would be relegated to the back of everyone's minds and it would be all about Clinton v Biden.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is your question about why some stuff is classified while other stuff isn't?

EDIT: And there's no question that there's stuff on her server that's actually classified (or at least that there was). That was news two months ago.

My question is, why is some stuff allowed to be released to the public at all? "Pls print" may not harm national security, but why the fuck does it need to be released to begin with?

noshten

But if he does enter. Imagine how much of a boost he will get immediately. Something tells me Sanders would be relegated to the back of everyone's minds and it would be all about Clinton v Biden.

Clinton would be an afterthought by that time, the DNC will need to put their chips alsewhere by that time.

I guess if Jeb Bush was SoS and he did the same thing I would certainly be hoping this would kill his candidacy.

Fuck no, that would feel cheap and all sorts of wrong. Like beating Cell without letting him power up to his final form.

If there were some inane nontroversy like the email thing surrounding Jeb, I would be telling all of you loudly every day to STFU about it.

Clinton would be an afterthought by that time, the DNC will need to put their chips alsewhere by that time.

I wonder where that 40+ percent that support Clinton will go. Probably not Sanders given the first/second choice polling we've seen. It would be Biden with the overwhelming support.

Bowdz

My question is, why is some stuff allowed to be released to the public at all? "Pls print" may not harm national security, but why the fuck does it need to be released to begin with?

WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BENGHAZI. IT IS ALL THERE. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

NeoXChaos

Fuck no, that would feel cheap and all sorts of wrong. Like beating Cell without letting him power up to his final form.

If there were some inane nontroversy like the email thing surrounding Jeb, I would be telling all of you loudly every day to STFU about it.

Vegeta got Yamchaed for it :(

WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BENGHAZI. IT IS ALL THERE. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Funny enough I read that the Benghazi panel was the reason the media found out about this email controversy. Trey Gowdy sent an email to the State Department requesting Clinton emails sometime last summer 2014.

Enough about emails lets talk about polls again. :D

Metaphoreus

As in, why is mundane stuff of no special significance subject to disclosure? Because disclosure of government records should be the default. The government should be required to justify withholding any records. Mundanity doesn't seem like a good justification for shielding government records from public view--and any rule to the contrary would place the vast majority of government records out of the public's reach.

(There's also a political advantage in this case to having those mundane emails released to the public. First, it feeds into Clinton's supporters' predetermined conclusion that there's nothing worth discussing in the emails. Second, it generates positive (or at least, not-negative) press coverage related to her server and emails, hopefully counteracting the otherwise largely negative press the topic would receive. Finally, it helps to humanize Clinton, in a way that explicitly claiming to be a real person never could.)

Gotchaye

(There's also a political advantage in this case to having those mundane emails released to the public. First, it feeds into Clinton's supporters' predetermined conclusion that there's nothing worth discussing in the emails. Second, it generates positive (or at least, not-negative) press coverage related to her server and emails, hopefully counteracting the otherwise largely negative press the topic would receive. Finally, it helps to humanize Clinton, in a way that explicitly claiming to be a real person never could.)

Maybe we can keep FOIA after all.

Tamanon

Banned
I've been kinda with Ivy on the whole competence angle. It always struck me as absolutely dumb for Clinton to do the email server thing. It made no sense why she would've even bothered.

It's always weird how politically dumb some long-time politicians like Hillary and Jeb(especially) can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom