• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who can admit an honest mistake upfront gains my respect, and would earn some leniency if I were the decision-maker (slap on the wrist comparatively). I am all about admitting mistakes, fixing the issue and then moving forward. And since this is a political thread, I would vote for someone who exhibits that mentality.

Yet you support Trump, who refuses to apologize for anything and can't bring up an example of a time he did. Despite being alive for 69 years, he can't think of a single time he apologized about anything.

Saddest thing about the e-mails is how all this crap could've easily been completely avoided.

All I have been arguing for is a prospective President to have integrity and follow the law. If Hillary Clinton had gotten out in front of this, admitted she had made a mistake and that she'd potentially exposed sensitive information with her special unsecured server, I would have sympathized with her to an extent. Someone who can admit an honest mistake upfront gains my respect, and would earn some leniency if I were the decision-maker (slap on the wrist comparatively). I am all about admitting mistakes, fixing the issue and then moving forward. And since this is a political thread, I would vote for someone who exhibits that mentality.

Well, there you go then.

In an interview with ABC News’s David Muir which aired on Tuesday, the former secretary of state said: “That was a mistake. I’m sorry about that. I take responsibility.”

gcubed

"I'm concerned about IT security" has got to be one of the lamest concern trolls I've ever heard.

This is about trying to take Hilary down, period, and most people aren't even hiding their motives.

I'm concerned about it security. The government servers are much more secure, hackers would never breach that fortress

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That seems particularly related to individuals directly connected to 9/11. Is this no longer the case?
For alwaki in particular it doesn't matter since he was a recruitor for AL qaeda. But in general, the government has taken a rather loose interpretation of the statute to wage a war on terror to proactively target terrorist cells deemed a threat to the US. The text basically states that the affiliation with 9/11 or its attackers can be by association, and flat out gives the president the authority to make the determination unilaterally, without consulting the courts. I think it could be argued that such a loose interpretation may have even been encouraged at the time:

"
Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: "

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Yet you support Trump, who refuses to apologize for anything and can't bring up an example of a time he did. Despite being alive for 69 years, he can't think of a single time he apologized about anything.

Trump doesn't apologize for being politically incorrect, which I appreciate. He has certainly admitted to a ton of mistakes if you read his books. On the campaign trail, he isn't backing down, because if it did it would hurt his popularity. Admittedly, some of his lies are obvious, and I like Trump less and less, thus post less about him.

I'd prefer a perfect candidate, and hope one emerges.

Trump doesn't apologize for being politically incorrect, which I appreciate. He has certainly admitted to a ton of mistakes if you read his books. On the campaign trail, he isn't backing down, because if it did it would hurt his popularity. Admittedly, some of his lies are obvious, and I like Trump less and less, thus post less about him.

There is no such thing as perfection. In humans or anything in this reality for that matter.

"He is not political correct" is a retarded argument. Basically insulting people and saying vaguely racist and misogynist shit is being a jackass to be a jackass. It lacks professionalism and class.

Really not being political correct is basically insulting everyone now.

For a person that thinks integrity is important. You sure do appreciate a person that lacks it when it comes to his attitude at this point.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

There is no such thing as perfection. In humans or anything in this reality for that matter.

Then I might get stuck voting for someone that seems racist and is a bully, if I feel he's the best overall candidate for the country. I would not be happy about that.

I don't like this reality, quietone.

Over / Under on how much cocaine rich white man trump did in the 80's?
QTCrjuy.png
/10

ivysaur12

Banned
Then I might get stuck voting for someone that seems racist and is a bully, if I feel he's the best overall candidate for the country. I would not be happy about that.

I don't like this reality, quietone.

You feel as if Donald Trump is a better candidate for president than Hillary Clinton?

Crisco

Banned
I wouldn't trust Donald Trump to manage a car dealership. The prospect of him becoming President is fucking terrifying.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
You feel as if Donald Trump is a better candidate for president than Hillary Clinton?

Yes, absolutely. I will vote for the strongest leader.

Would it blow your mind that I admire the passion Bernie Sanders speaks with, 100%? I could probably be swayed in his direction if they would have a debate already.

NeoXChaos

Hilarious.

Would it blow your mind that I admire the passion Bernie Sanders speaks with, 100%? I could probably be swayed in his direction if they would have a debate already.

but you said you were "economically conservative". Bernie is far from that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Just curious here, but what is your definition of a strong leader?

ivysaur12

Banned

Why would you vote for Bernie Sanders if you're economically conservative? That would make no sense. What does "strongest leader" mean?

Tarkus

I usually agree with you, but I have draw the line here. Not me Mr. Fox.

teiresias

Why would you vote for Bernie Sanders if you're economically conservative? That would make no sense. What does "strongest leader" mean?

Obviously, being a strong leader means not actually know anything about actual governance, but having the fortitude, audacity, and ego to cover it up with a spate of insults, rancid misogyny, and unapologetic xenophobia.

dramatis

Forget the emails, this is the real news.

CNN to Live Stream Democratic Debate In Virtual Reality
CNN is going up close and personal for the Democratic Debate on October 13: The news network will stream the debate live in virtual reality (VR), thanks to a cooperation with VR live streaming company NextVR.

Owners of a Samsung Gear VR headset will be able to pick their own point of view during the debate, and for example focus on candidates while they are not speaking to find one of those unguarded moments that gets lost on the traditional telecast.

Obviously, being a strong leader means not actually know anything about actual governance, but having the fortitude, audacity, and ego to cover it up with a spate of insults, rancid misogyny, and unapologetic xenophobia.

I will confess to preferring it to apologetic xenophobia (see: Jeb!).

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

I don't know much about Bernie Sanders, I've just seen some of his passion. Maybe he has a plan for turning spending into growth, I'm all about profit margins not necessarily bare-bones spending.

And on leadership? As always, the Marine Corps has it best. JJ DID TIE BUCKLE:
Justice
Judgment

Dependability
Integrity
Decisiveness

Tact
Initiative
Endurance

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Enthusiasm

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/leadership_traits.htm

And you know it when you see it.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't know much about Bernie Sanders, I've just seen some of his passion. Maybe he has a plan for turning spending into growth, I'm all about profit margins not necessarily bare-bones spending.

Justice
Judgment

Dependability
Integrity
Decisiveness

Tact
Initiative
Endurance

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Enthusiasm

literally not one of those characteristics applies to Donald Trump besides like, his enthusiasm about being the most powerful man in the world

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
literally not one of those characteristics applies to Donald Trump besides like, his enthusiasm about being the most powerful man in the world

I literally lost my shit when I read tact. As if that word has ever been used to describe him without the qualifier, "has no." As in "Donald Trump has no tact."

NeoXChaos

Justice
Judgment

Dependability
Integrity
Decisiveness

Tact
Initiative
Endurance

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Enthusiasm

No I won't

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member

There's a lot if you dig. Depends on your perspective in some cases. I might just do that after the gym.

Tarkus

He has a 10-year $18 trillion plan that our great grandchildren will be paying for.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
He has a 10-year $18 trillion plan that our great grandchildren will be paying for.

Good thing they'll have more money because of that "plan". Although your great grandchildren will probably be more concerned with the global food shortage they'll be suffering from due to climate change.

Tarkus

Good thing they'll have more money because of that "plan". Although your great grandchildren will probably be more concerned with the global food shortage they'll be suffering from due to climate change.
I don't disagree with you about climate change

Justice
Judgment

Dependability
Integrity
Decisiveness

Tact
Initiative
Endurance

Bearing
Unselfishness
Courage
Knowledge
Loyalty
Enthusiasm

What is this grade school bullshit

ivysaur12

Banned
Everyone's favorite ex-congressman, re: Boehner:

John Dingell ‏@JohnDingell
.@JakeSherman A good man who'll find happiness long before his caucus figures out what the hell to do. The dog has caught the car. Now what?

The Marine Corps broke down leadership into 14 easily memorizable traits. We do usually have a grade school education, and the highest standards overall.
They are nice words. I can take a picture of similarly nice words that are hung in big ass frames on my office wall, like "integrity" and "respect".

They don't mean diddly squat when people in conversation involve Donald Trump.

That JJ DID TIE BUCKLE does no favours whatsoever for my preconceptions about ye average jarhead >__>

For alwaki in particular it doesn't matter since he was a recruitor for AL qaeda. But in general, the government has taken a rather loose interpretation of the statute to wage a war on terror to proactively target terrorist cells deemed a threat to the US. The text basically states that the affiliation with 9/11 or its attackers can be by association, and flat out gives the president the authority to make the determination unilaterally, without consulting the courts. I think it could be argued that such a loose interpretation may have even been encouraged at the time:

Was that ever proven?

Mind you, i know he spoke tons of horrible shit, but i'm unaware of a hard link ever coming up, and the wiki article mentions that the closest they've ever gotten to a hard link was some guy having his phone number, which... yknow... really shouldn't be enough evidence for a targetted killing.

Tossing out 18 trillion without context is pure shock value hyperbole. Especially with the grandchildren qualifier.

What's his tax plan? Projected tax revenue growth from increased spending? Based on this, how much of the 18 trillion is deficit spending? Where's the spending targeted? Where's the taxation targeted?

Was that ever proven?

Mind you, i know he spoke tons of horrible shit, but i'm unaware of a hard link ever coming up, and the wiki article mentions that the closest they've ever gotten to a hard link was some guy having his phone number, which... yknow... really shouldn't be enough evidence for a targetted killing.
I'm not sure what a "recruiter" for Al Qaida looks like. But lot of homegrown terrorists in US said they were radicalized by Al Awlaki sermons.

HylianTom

Banned
New Reuters poll:

(Kind of annoyed they asked about people who literally aren't in the race, but whatever)

Just when I think Rubio's going to sneak-in and become the establishment pick, Jeb gets a poll like this that muddies things.

And it still blows my mind that ostensibly intelligent folks vote based on things like "he says what he means" instead of, say, that frivolous little thing we send politicians to Washington for - policy. That's some high school president election-tier rationale right there.

I see "he says what he means!" and my mind translates it into "He'll get us ice cream bars in the vending machines!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom