• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, the RNC put out a false fundraising notice that said "Trump wants you to support the RNC." Why the fuck would they give him more ammo!?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Election is about to change.

Obama can recess appoint a judge if they want to be bitches about it. I imagine that would be unprecedented partisanship, but...well. You know.

User 406

Banned
Well, well, motherfucking well.

Guess that whole Supreme Court appointments issue is no longer just a potential concern for this election.

Nope.

GOP trying to filibuster a SCOTUS nominee would be an extremely idiotic move.
Less idiotic than allowing Obama to make SCOTUS a majority liberal court for the first time in decades?

They held up Lynch for 5 months and this is 1000 times bigger. This is going to be a shitstorm.

Tubie

Holy shit... if true...

Will Obama have it in him to do a recess appointment if true? It's the only way, since I doubt the Senate will accept anything from him.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. I hated Scalia on the bench, he was the worst, and am glad Obama will get to replace him BUT rip all the same and sympathy to his family.

Oh, wow. That's a hell of a thing.

If it's real, it's just... one hell of a thing. Republicans are going to want to fight Obama's appointee tooth and nail, and the right candidate could be a major issue on the campaign trail.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Goddamn. Respect to the man in death, but I also feel excited, this shakes things up in a way no-one predicted. What is Obama going to do I wonder

Iolo

I also used to listen to TYT, a few years ago when I was in university, and I would prefer their entertainment/non-political segments more than their political ones. But yeah, now it's just a bit much. When they're not worshipping Sanders, they're criticizing Clinton for even uttering his name. It's a bit much.

And they were among the first to hop off the Obama train after he became President, so I'm sure all of Sanders' criticism of him is just music to their ears.

And they will be the first off the Sanders train should he become President.

This "single-issue" attack is the first thing that seems to have gotten under the Sanders campaign's skin.

edit: of course I totally missed the Scalia news

kirblar

I'm more pessimistic than you are that it would hurt them honestly. I wouldn't put anything past this congress or this country at this point
I know you're younger by a bit- this will be like the Impeachment trials and bite them in the ass hard.
y? wouldn't their constituents want them to stall?
It was the first time in eons that a president gained seats during midterms. It happened because people were just pissed at what was going on.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I know you're younger by a bit- this will be like the Impeachment trials and bite them in the ass hard.

The government shutdown didn't bite them in the ass though. Okay so maybe the timing of this happening right before the election does hurt them, but I bet you if this had happened in 2015 they probably could have gotten away with it

HylianTom

Banned
I used to joke about enrolling him in the Red Meat of the Month Club, but now that he's reportedly had a heart attack, I feel.. bad.

The government shutdown didn't bite them in the ass though. Okay so maybe the timing of this happening right before the election does hurt them, but I bet you if this had happened in 2015 they probably could have gotten away with it
That was a mid-term election with a very different electorate, and as you say, the timing was way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom