• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’ve never met people like politicians,” Trump said as he addressed the East Cooper Republican Club's luncheon in this suburb of Charleston. “They are the most dishonest people I’ve ever met…. Jeb [Bush] is just Jeb. But this guy, Ted Cruz, is the most dishonest guy I think I’ve ever met in politics.”

Calling Cruz “a liar,” Trump warned the crowd: “You have to be very smart. You have to be very careful. You’ve got a very unstable guy in Cruz. He’s nuts.”

Trump mocked Cruz for infusing his Christian faith into his campaign in an effort to win over evangelical voters.

“The worst is holding up a Bible all the time,” Trump said of Cruz. “You’re willing to lie about anything, but then you’re holding up a Bible? To me, it’s no good.”

“Ever ask yourself why his brother went silent for all these years?” Trump said of Bush.

He added, of Jeb Bush, “I said, ‘Why don’t you use the last name?...It’s better than exclamation points.”

Embracing his opponents with napalm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oads-on-ted-cruz-liar-dishonest-and-unstable/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump is seriously weird. Wants to protect social security, wants to negotiate drug prices, wants to slash wasteful military spending...

About time somebody went after Cruz like this.

I still say he needs to turn full attack on Rubio. I don't see how Cruz can win the nomination.

Rubio is way too cowardly to attack Trump and Trump only attacks when attacked.

Trump is seriously weird. Wants to protect social security, wants to negotiate drug prices, wants to slash wasteful military spending...

He's an actual Republican voter instead of a Republican politician.

Carson, Cruz, and Trump understand that most racists view military spending as trying to help "savages" overseas and therefore as "waste" after Dubya's rhetoric regardless of if it helped or not.

About time somebody went after Cruz like this.

I still say he needs to turn full attack on Rubio. I don't see how Cruz can win the nomination.

He attacked Rubio already, shortly after he took down Fiorina a few months ago. Seems like the only republican he didn't attack was Chris Christie.

I'm curious if the rise of Trump and Sanders as major candidates in this election, have any relation to the fact that all Millenials are now eligible to vote. Back in '08 when Obama was first running, the oldest Millenials were 21.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Speaking of Cruz being a huge liar, his idiotic "Trump will end the 2nd Amendment!" argument is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. These jackasses go for the lowest type of attacks.

Makai

I'm curious if the rise of Trump and Sanders as major candidates in this election, have any relation to the fact that all Millenials are now eligible to vote. Back in '08 when Obama was first running, the oldest Millenials were 21.
Trump has broad support in the Republican party. It's not concentrated in any age group or ideological faction.

Speaking of Cruz being a huge liar, his idiotic "Trump will end the 2nd Amendment!" argument is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. These jackasses go for the lowest type of attacks.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody-"

"This sounds like a guy who will end the Second Amendment"-Literally no one in the world.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yup.

If Bernie could actually beat Hillary I would say that speaks well to his ability to campaign, honestly. Even if on paper Hillary looks like the better candidate.

I would still have my concerns, though.

Me too, but it would make me feel much better about him as a candidate.

ALSO OMG THIS PRESS RELEASE FROM TRUMP I CANNOT

CbR1OZRW4AAalYG.png:large

Trump truly is the most dangerous man running.

Michael Savage said:
sn’t it odd that Russia has now come to America? Not even the Russia of today but the Russia of yesterday has come to America. Isn’t it odd that it would be a street radical from New York, Bernie Sanders, one of the most dangerous men in political history — oh, I know, ‘He’s a simple old man and he’s not dangerous,’ you are wrong. Watch his snaky eyes when he speaks. He’s extremely smart. Bernie is very smart. Bernie is also a streetfighter. Bernie will fight for what he believes in. In that sense, he is a true revolutionary. And if you want to see friends dragged away by the secret police — my friends, you say it can’t happen here, I’m telling you it is happening here.

You say, ‘What are you talking about? That could never happen here, we have a media that would never permit that to happen.’ Well it just happened two weeks ago in Oregon. They shot a man dead in Oregon, the thugs from the federal government — or was it the Oregon state police? — killed a man who was protesting on federal land and no one in the media covered it. You say it can’t happen here, it is happening here. It is happening here, little by little by little. Police are being shot like bowling pins throughout the country by you know who, do I have to spell it out for you?
source

One is forced to wonder if the right would be capable of reacting with even more contempt for Sanders than they have for Bams or Hills. Also specifically when the antisemitism would come out.

It's kind of hard to see which way he would actually go if elected, but out of the republican side of things, the country would probably be the best off with him in power if a republican actually wins.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is why Rubio will get through. Trump/Cruz go after each other, Rubio wins.

Starting to feel this way as well.

Hilarious thing about this is the end result:

Cruz goes home and cries.

Trump runs third-party.

pigeon

Banned
Years from now, the history books will call this the beginning of the Era of Crazy Millionaire Presidents.

We're witnesses to a pivotal moment in the American tapestry.

Makai

@realDonaldTrump Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz are not electable presidential candidates, Hillary would destroy them. Ted may not be eligible to run - born in Canada

Years from now, the history books will call this the beginning of the Era of Crazy Millionaire Presidents.

We're witnesses to a pivotal moment in the American tapestry.

I, for one, welcome your future president Musk.

Kinda happy that this era came after jobs died, tbf.

Trump truly is the most dangerous man running.

source

One is forced to wonder if the right would be capable of reacting with even more contempt for Sanders than they have for Bams or Hills. Also specifically when the antisemitism would come out.

Sneaky Jews looking to make America into Russia!

Meanwhile, Trump and Cruz and Ben Carson desperately wish that America more similar to Putin's Russia.

HylianTom

Banned
If Cruz does end-up losing South Carolina, I wonder if it hurts his narrative about winning in the South. I mean, SC is pretty friendly territory for him. If Trump beats him there, Trump gets a chunk of his soul.

Bloomberg View: Syrian Truce Is Dead, and Russia's in Charge

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2016-02-15/syrian-truce-is-dead-and-russia-s-in-charge

Marc Champion said:
Syria's cease-fire deal was born in Munich, in the early hours of Friday morning -- and pronounced dead in the same town within a day, a development that exposed just how little influence the U.S. now has over the conflict.

[...]

...a potential truce, is entirely dependent on what Russia wants, Hammond said.

That's a stunning admission in itself: Since when did Russia, rather than the U.S., play the deciding role in any part of the Middle East? Since now. The terms of the truce show the impotence of the U.S. in Syria.

If Cruz does end-up losing South Carolina, I wonder if it hurts his narrative about winning in the South. I mean, SC is pretty friendly territory for him. If Trump beats him there, Trump gets a chunk of his soul.

It seems everyone is confused about SC's identity though. If they're so pro-Bush (establishment) why would they go for Cruz?

Trump has broad support in the Republican party. It's not concentrated in any age group or ideological faction.
Yes but I thought his numbers skewed more heavily towards millenials.
I was 22? Millennials start at 1981.
That's what I get for using Google which tells me the oldest millennial nowadays is 29...... regardless my point still stands that millennial voter base doubled since 2008.

HylianTom

Banned
It seems everyone is confused about SC's identity though. If they're so pro-Bush (establishment) why would they go for Cruz?
If we're talking about why voters there go to Cruz (I don't know who "they" are in your question), it's in part because he does well due to evangelical voters. That's one of the three classic legs of the Republican stool.

(I'm semi-amazed that Trump does so well there, to be honest..)

pigeon

Banned
It's kind of hard to see which way he would actually go if elected, but out of the republican side of things, the country would probably be the best off with him in power if a republican actually wins.

No way. No matter how much you might hate a rational actor's decision-making processes, they're still better than an irrational actor.

If we're talking about why voters there go to Cruz (I don't know who "they" are in your question), it's in part because he does well due to evangelical voters. That's one of the three classic legs of the Republican stool.

(I'm semi-amazed that Trump does so well there, to be honest..)

Well that's what I mean (and I'm talking about the media's confusion here). We have evangelicals going for Cruz in a place where Trump is supposedly in danger cuz he trashed the king of establishment, GW Bush, who apparently has an 80+% approval rating in SC. Yet Trump is leading. It's a clusterfuck.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarra...-with-influential-nevada-union-and#.uxrlL8Ye3

Hollier than thou Sanders campaign

Behind the scenes, the Sanders campaign has angered people inside the Culinary Union — in instances both reported and previously unreported. The campaign has also unleashed demolition derby tactics on the DREAMers who have endorsed Hillary Clinton.

There was the time — last week — when a reporter called Culinary officials to ask: Was it true that Bernie Sanders had personally convinced the powerful Nevada union to stay out of the race and not endorse Clinton, in effect helping him? The union official, according to someone with knowledge of the conversation, said no and asked where the reporter had gotten that information. It came from the Sanders campaign, the reporter said.

One well-known grassroots activist in Nevada who planned to caucus for Sanders but is now undecided asked for anonymity to avoid antagonizing campaign staffers who have shown a willingness to fight publicly. The activist didn’t like any of the incidents with the union or with the DREAMers. “Everybody knows someone who works for Culinary and if you’re a Nevada staffer, you’ve been asked to do that before but you’re not going to do that,” the activist said.
The last straw for the activist was a Sanders campaign ad released Friday that opens with a biographical look at Lucy Flores, a surrogate who recently endorsed Sanders and is locked in a primary battle with Ruben Kihuen for Nevada’s 4th congressional district seat. Kihuen’s campaign filed a complaint calling it a violation of FEC coordination laws, essentially alleging that the Sanders campaign was paying for an ad for Flores campaign.
“It’s like they’re splitting the community saying you can’t support Ruben and Bernie,” the activist said. “They’re punishing Ruben for supporting Clinton.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom