• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UMass NH tracking has some good news for Hillary, I suppose.

2/1

Bernie 61
Hillary 30

2/2

Bernie 63
Hillary 30

2/3

Bernie 61
Hillary 32

2/4

Bernie 58
Hillary 36

2/5

Bernie 55
Hillary 40

She's definitely going to lose, but if we could get a 55/40 split, I'd call it a moral victory. If she could keep it within 15 I'd be so damn happy. If it was within 10, I'd buy everyone in PoliGaf beer and : gag : pizza.

Glad you pulled through.

TY, I was just being cautious since I start work Monday, and my fever was pretty high. Feeling loads better now, though.

thefro

Quinnipiac has a new national poll that puts Clinton and Sanders in a statistical tie...
Trump 31, Cruz 22, Rubio 19.

Enjoy President Rubio.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...y-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2321

Clinton 44
Sanders 42

General election matchups among American voters show:

Clinton tops Trump 46 - 41 percent;
Clinton ties Cruz 45 - 45 percent;
Clinton trails Rubio 48 - 41 percent;
Sanders thumps Trump 49 - 39 percent;
Sanders edges Cruz 46 - 42 percent;
Sanders and Rubio are tied 43 - 43 percent. If Bloomberg runs as a third party candidate in some contests, results are:
Sanders at 35 percent, with Trump at 36 percent and Bloomberg at 15 percent;
Sanders at 37 percent, with Cruz at 36 percent and Bloomberg at 15 percent.

Sanders has a 44 - 35 percent favorability rating among American voters. Ratings for other candidates are:

Negative 39 - 56 percent for Clinton;
Negative 34 - 59 percent for Trump;
Negative 36 - 42 percent for Cruz;
Positive 42 - 28 percent for Rubio;
Negative 20 - 25 percent for Bloomberg with 53 percent who don't know enough about him to form an opinion.

"While Trump, Clinton and Cruz wallow in a negative favorability swamp, by comparison, Rubio and Sanders are rock stars," Malloy said.

Doesn't Quinn have a bad track record in last few elections?

I can't believe Progressives are ready to put all Obama accomplishments on the line by voting for Bernie. And Obama should definitely endorse Hillary, since Bernie thinks he is a progressive disappointment. The country isn't Vermont that you can pass single payer healthcare. And these young ones who go all out for President cycle sit at home on their asses when it comes to mid terms.

Hammer24

Banned
Trivia:

"the remainderman of national politics. He gets what's left over after his opponents have taken theirs by being the least unacceptable alternative to the greatest number of voters."

Who said this when about whom?

User 406

Banned
Yoe0AoB.png

0dNSp7Q.png

Mind legit blown by the cuntry thing

Pop quiz: sanders has barely faced negative ads, and so the concern is that someone like Rubio could tear him apart in the general, which is a somewhat fair sentiment. However... Cant the same also be said of Rubio?

Who's going to run negative ads on bubble boy if Sanders is the nominee? (Other than Right to Rise)

Sanders says he'd never run a negative ad, and there'll be no SuperPAC presumably.

The dnc is still perfectly free to foment superpacs. Much like how there already is a spac helping gramps.

All gramps wont do (or at least not flagrantly) is coordinate with them. He'd have Most Honourable VP Clinton for that.

I suppose. I don't know whether he'd actually condone that as essentially the new leader of the party. It would considerably undercut his entire campaign purity premise though, upon which the coalition of the fairweather revolution thrives.

I suppose. I don't know whether he'd actually condone that as essentially the new leader of the party. It would considerably undercut his entire campaign purity premise though, upon which the coalition of the fairweather revolution thrives.

He hasn't been above attacking republicans throughout the primary, he just hasn't been putting money behind it for obvious reasons.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...y-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2321

Clinton 44
Sanders 42

General election matchups among American voters show:

Clinton tops Trump 46 - 41 percent;
Clinton ties Cruz 45 - 45 percent;
Clinton trails Rubio 48 - 41 percent;

Sanders thumps Trump 49 - 39 percent;
Sanders edges Cruz 46 - 42 percent;
Sanders and Rubio are tied 43 - 43 percent
. If Bloomberg runs as a third party candidate in some contests, results are:
Sanders at 35 percent, with Trump at 36 percent and Bloomberg at 15 percent;
Sanders at 37 percent, with Cruz at 36 percent and Bloomberg at 15 percent.

Sanders has a 44 - 35 percent favorability rating among American voters. Ratings for other candidates are:

Negative 39 - 56 percent for Clinton;
Negative 34 - 59 percent for Trump;
Negative 36 - 42 percent for Cruz;
Positive 42 - 28 percent for Rubio;
Negative 20 - 25 percent for Bloomberg with 53 percent who don't know enough about him to form an opinion.

Whoa! :).

Armaros

Bernie's responses to Foreign Policy questions really slam it home that Article that said he has no real Foreign Policy Advisors, no spokesperson and the people he his 'allies' are people he met once or twice in Washington to get their opinion on some matter.

Its actually scary how much his Campaign have completely ignored Foreign Policy, something which is just about completely in the Executive Branch's control.

Daniel B·;194322876 said:

I would say take that poll with a truckload of salt--even as a Bernie supporter I'm skeptical. It has Sanders sitting on 55/14 favorable with Black Americans which seems very high, unless a tie in Iowa really changed the mind of minority voters. Other than that the methodology doesn't seem terrible, maybe the ages polled were a little low--22% 18-34 and 26% 35-49 seems a bit high, 18-34 was about 20% in 2012 and 35-49 was probably about 25-30% according to CNN exit poll data, so maybe it's not too far off.

Bernie's responses to Foreign Policy questions really slam it home that Article that said he has no real Foreign Policy Advisors, no spokesperson and the people he his 'allies' are people he met once or twice in Washington to get their opinion on some matter.

Its actually scary how much his Campaign have completely ignored Foreign Policy, something which is just about completely in the Executive Branch's control.

Foreign Policy is hands down his weakest subject, but who on the Republican side has any experience? Rubio and Cruz are 1 term Senators, and Trump knows businessmen. None of the top 3 have anything close to Clinton's level of Foreign Policy experience.

Dammit.

Rubio is so goddamn hard to attack... Trump needs to focus on him now though.

How so? Between his lack of accomplishments and constant flip flopping on immigration Rubio is the classic unprincipled politician who just wants glory and power. Christie has been blowing him up the last couple of days.

Even the Time reporter on the Chris Matthews panel, a young woman, called her shrill after the debate. smh
She sounds shrill when she raises her voice, that's simply a fact. It sounds almost robotic in tone yet simply loud and off putting. Bernie Sanders has an abrasive, annoying voice. We can talk about these things based on individuals without making broad statements about all women.

I turned the debate off after 20 minutes or so. I thought it was poorly moderated and the candidates weren't that impressive. Hillary started well but fell into a trap arguing who is liberal and who isn't. That's an insular debate that most people don't care about, yet it dominated an entire segment of the debate. The next was all Wall Street. We've seen GOP debates with four times as many people not obsessively focus on one issue for that much time.

Outside of annihilating Hillary on money influence in politics I thought Sanders did as poorly as usual. He treats every debate like a stump speech. Regardless of the question he yells about the system being rigged, the top 1%, etc. It doesn't work.

On the other hand you have Hillary Clinton pretending not to be a corporatist. Yet every now and then the mask slips and she makes a truly baffling statement, which goes back to the issue of honesty. It's 2008 all over again. She just doesn't sound authentic when you trip her up. It's as if she throws up her hands and says fine, you got me. This applies to the answer about Goldman Sachs speaking fees as well as the ugly moment about transcripts last night.

Imagine Bill Clinton without his charm or ability to gracefully wiggle out of any problem. That's Hillary. Thankfully the map and economy are favorable because she has multiple flaws. And of course thankfully the GOP doesn't have a great or even good candidate. Rubio seems like the best on paper but I'm not buying it yet. Really looking forward to the next GOP debate to see how he handles the pressure.

Dammit.

If you want to go negative show footage of him from the first couple debates where he was stumbling all over questions, and tie him to the Immigration Reform Bill he sponsored. There's also his boots that were made for walking lol.

Armaros

I would say take that poll with a truckload of salt--even as a Bernie supporter I'm skeptical. It has Sanders sitting on 55/14 favorable with Black Americans which seems very high, unless a tie in Iowa really changed the mind of minority voters. Other than that the methodology doesn't seem terrible, maybe the ages polled were a little low--22% 18-34 and 26% 35-49 seems a bit high, 18-34 was about 20% in 2012 and 35-49 was probably about 25-30% according to CNN exit poll data, so maybe it's not too far off.

Foreign Policy is hands down his weakest subject, but who on the Republican side has any experience? Rubio and Cruz are 1 term Senators, and Trump knows businessmen. None of the top 3 have anything close to Clinton's level of Foreign Policy experience.

There is having no experience, and then there is Bernie's inability to be coherent when talking about Foreign Policy, no one else on any other Ticket looks as bad.

PBY

Banned
How so? Between his lack of accomplishments and constant flip flopping on immigration Rubio is the classic unprincipled politician who just wants glory and power. Christie has been blowing him up the last couple of days.

If you want to go negative show footage of him from the first couple debates where he was stumbling all over questions, and tie him to the Immigration Reform Bill he sponsored. There's also his boots that were made for walking lol.

I don't know how well these translate to Trump's style of attack though.

I need a poll today in which the Donald takes a hit on his NH numbers, so I can dump the Predict shares I bought. Stupid me, I thought he'd have a slump and not a boost after Iowa.

There is having no experience, and then there is Bernie's inability to be coherent when talking about Foreign Policy, no one else on any other Ticket looks as bad.

Obama didn't sound so hot in 2008 either, but he surrounded himself with the best people he could and used his speaking ability and intelligence to make it work. Not going to claim Sanders is Obama-level, but I don't think he will struggle as much as people think.

I don't know how well these translate to Trump's style of attack though.

For Trump style just show him flip-flopping a couple times and say he's a typical Washington politician saying whatever he thinks will get him elected rather than being honest. Trump's base is people who are frustrated with politicians, and attacking Rubio for being dishonest is probably his best bet--whether or not it's even true ironically enough doesn't matter.

Obama didn't sound so hot in 2008 either, but he surrounded himself with the best people he could and used his speaking ability and intelligence to make it work. Not going to claim Sanders is Obama-level, but I don't think he will struggle as much as people think.

Who would Sanders surround himself with that has foreign policy experience? He won't pick any establishment types so who does that leave him with?

Gruco

Banned
I really don't think Bernie brushing up on foreign policy will help him. His problem isn't just that he's uninformed about foreign policy. It's that he doesn't care. Bernie is a single issue candidate running on one big idea. He's not interested in anything else, and finds practical details less important that pushing big ideological points. In some sense this is the source of a lot of his appeal but it's also why he would make a terrible president. His shortcomings as a candidate are particularly notable for foreign policy, but they come through in other areas as well.

Armaros

For Trump style just show him flip-flopping a couple times and say he's a typical Washington politician saying whatever he thinks will get him elected rather than being honest. Trump's base is people who are frustrated with politicians, and attacking Rubio for being dishonest is probably his best bet--whether or not it's even true ironically enough doesn't matter.

Obama surrounded himself with people with experience in various matter on day one. You can bet your ass Obama was studying under his advisors.

Bernie still doesn't even have a Foreign Policy Advisory group within his campaign, something every major political campaign does. It is way too late to suddenly get a group of people you can trust on foreign policy and get brushed up because you look weak, and have credible plans.

Who would Sanders surround himself with that has foreign policy experience? He won't pick any establishment types so who does that leave him with?

It's impossible for him to completely avoid establishment Democrats, but I think it would be really interesting to see. I'm not on his campaign so I don't know what they would do--in all likelihood they might not even know what they would do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I wonder if the Rubio favorability thing is similar to Carson's/Walker's early on where not many people know anything about him. He hasn't been the subject of many attack ads or attacks during the debates at this point. I expect that to change soon.

Dammit.

LOL what?

1) He has done nothing in his time in the Senate
2) He has the worst voting record of anyone in the Senate
3) All his policies favor the rich
4) He wants an instant war with Iran

PBY

Banned
I wonder if the Rubio favorability thing is similar to Carson's/Walker's early on where not many people knew anything about him.

LOL what?

1) He has done nothing in his time in the Senate
2) He has the worst voting record of anyone in the Senate
3) All his policies favor the rich
4) He wants an instant war with Iran

Not sure 3 or 4 is are bad things for the base tho

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure 3 or 4 is are bad things for the base tho

To be fair, none of those are bad things for the anti-government base. They may idolize a guy who did nothing.

However, those points will be bad things in the general election.

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder if the Rubio favorability thing is similar to Carson's/Walker's early on where not many people know anything about him. He hasn't been the subject of many attack ads or attacks during the debates at this point. I expect that to change soon.
That's my bet. A lot of people still aren't paying close attention, and he's given the Democrats a lot of material over the past few months. Seems like he's getting Generic R numbers, having been overshadowed by Trump, Cruz, and Jeb! for most of this cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom