• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So now that Halperin and Heilman predicted Nevada wrong no one will ever listen to them again. Right? Guys?

GAF, if you can take one lesson from today, one message, one moral, one theme-- it's that those two are absolutely not worth their weight in sawdust. Please, please, please, the only time they should be brought up is for a) post election drama that doesn't exist and b) mockery.

Nice message from Bernie. I hope he does well during the rest of the campaign and then campaigns hard in the summer either as the nominee or for Hillary. Or Joe Biden after he is drafted post-Hillary indictment.

Diablos

Congrats to Hillary.

I guess that's it for US being more like a western democracy for a while.

Just wish Hillary could me even more to the left.
I wish we didn't have an electorate that put the GOP back in charge of the House and now Senate but that's our reality here in the US.

What that party has done to our nation's politics is pure brutality. Since Reagan they've basically pulled the rug out from underneath when it comes to progressive policy and even common sense really. Like it or not we're slowly trying to crawl back like conservatives did after FDR.

Rubio has overtaken Trump again on PredictIt.
Haley really gave him a boost.

So whats going on the Republican side?
giphy.gif

Teggy

So John King just did a thing on the magic board where Clinton won every single state for the rest of the primary 55-45 and she didn't have enough delegates to win without super delegates. I guess this is because there are few winner take all states and a 10 pt. win doesn't get you many extra delegates?

Pretty weird.

So John King just did a thing on the magic board where Clinton won every single state for the rest of the primary 55-45 and she didn't have enough delegates to win without super delegates. I guess this is because there are few winner take all states and a 10 pt. win doesn't get you many extra delegates?

Pretty weird.
He didn't count winner take all states and assumed the margin of victory in all states is 10 points for hillary, excluding obvious ones like Vermont which he had for bernie.

Foffy

Banned
Bernie gaffers: Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't deny your passion and enthusiasm. I realize I probably look like an elder millennial shouting from the rooftops that this guy is bad. We need each other in November.

You say this now after personal crusades of mockery and berating others?

Pretty weird.
Well that's a stupid segment. If she's winning every state 55-45, there is no way Bernie is in the race at that point.

Checkmate, John King.

Diablos

Pretty weird.

If this is true Hillary still has a tough slog ahead because I am thinking a lot of Super Tuesday races will have Bernie within 10 points of her

Well that's a stupid segment. If she's winning every state 55-45, there is no way Bernie is in the race at that point.

Checkmate, John King.
Is there any way he can be forced to stop though?

johnsmith

remember me
GAF, if you can take one lesson from today, one message, one moral, one theme-- it's that those two are absolutely not worth their weight in sawdust. Please, please, please, the only time they should be brought up is for a) post election drama that doesn't exist and b) mockery.

Sorry, but there's no way I'm not going to read their 2016 book.

Yoda

If Hillary wins SC by 10+ (which she should) Bernie is done for.

No he isn't. She's been the favorite to win there for the last half year. No one is expecting Bernie to win in SC.

Happy to hear the Dem results! Now let's have Rubio finish as low as possible :)

I'm not convinced Trump will do that poorly against her. He's the only Repub who trashes free trade (NAFTA, TPP, etc...) and those treaties have pillaged blue collar communities. If he tied to those Hillary (She was in support of TPP until the primary started), it'd make states where she should win far more competitive for example Ohio.

Is there any way he can be forced to stop though?

Why would you even worry about Bernie being forced out?

She'll get the super delegates to push her over and it'll be over.

Or Bernie.. As we all suspect he will do, will drop out.

Worst case scenario is some deals will be made to get Bernie to drop.

That has the distinct sound of "we're wrapping it up soon" to it. (The first half of each paragraph specifically)
Well, his campaign apparently spent a ton of money on ads in Nevada, and is spending tons of money on ads in South Carolina. If the people who are donating give up, that's the death rattle. But l don't sense them giving up yet.

Well, his campaign apparently spent a ton of money on ads in Nevada, and is spending tons of money on ads in South Carolina. If the people who are donating give up, that's the death rattle. But l don't sense them giving up yet.

Probably.

In fact I've been debating if I should send more money his way. I probably will in the next couple days.

No he isn't. She's been the favorite to win there for the last half year. No one is expecting Bernie to win in SC.
I don't think a 10 pt margin would be that resounding. She should be aiming for something nearer to a 20 pt gap.

But there's no path to the nomination without gaining support from black voters.
And if that remains where it is, then the proportional system will likely make a Super Tuesday win insurmountable.

harSon

Banned
I saw this article by Dolores Huerta in another thread: https://medium.com/@DoloresHuerta/o...not-who-he-says-he-is-b79980adff6a#.596bf2y7o

If you’ve been following the Democratic primary, you may have noticed that Bernie Sanders has positioned himself as a champion of the immigrant community. From the letter he sent to Barack Obama last week, to the work he, his campaign, and surrogates have done attacking other candidates’ positions, you would think that he has been a lifelong champion on issues that matter to Latinos and immigrants. But here’s the truth: Candidate Bernie Sanders, advocate for immigrants, is not the same as Senator Bernie Sanders.

Effect

Usually it's republicans who cheer for low voter turnout.

That's not cheering for a low voter turn out. Sanders is promising a revolution and suggesting he can bring new people to the table. That's what is pushed as a reason for why he's electable. He's not doing that though. He hasn't done that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom