• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
I sure hope the SC primary is contentious enough that all the little racist avatars on The Guardian's tracker have plenty of opportunities to come out and show us their lines. Also, I need Carson to call for a moment of silence and then fall asleep while painting a county, and he should miss his cue to show up. And I really hope Kasich has convincing pixel butthole lips.

danm999

Well I'll eat crow and say I called Nevada wrong because I thought it'd go slightly Bernie.

I also said this seems like very bad news for Bernie's campaign because without Nevada I do not know what the next Bernie win will be at this point. My best guess is sometime in March at Michigan or Ohio or something and that's not good.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
They are not. This was Bernie's best chance to change the narrative that he can't win in non-white states. And getting close isn't good enough. It's a loss. He will get blown out in SC and on nearly every southern state on Super Tuesday. He had to do something to show nonwhite voters he could win. He didn't.
While I haven't seen the actual demographic numbers how he performed with minorities in Nevada, I think you've already pointed out he could not have done well enough based on location results.

This very well may have been his last chance to show he could swing minorities.

NeoXChaos

Well I'll eat crow and say I called Nevada wrong because I thought it'd go slightly Bernie.

I also said this seems like very bad news for Bernie's campaign because without Nevada I do not know what the next Bernie win will be at this point. My best guess is sometime in March at Michigan or Ohio or something and that's not good.

Minnesota, Massachusetts, Colorado and obviously Vermont

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Considering the narrative as recent as Iowa was "he'll get blown out in NV and SC", Id say he closed the gap decently well. Obviously a win was ideal, but the results are encouraging.

Polls for Caucuses are useless. Who knows what lead he had or did not have, or vice versa for Hillary.

CbsXwrzXIAAnJBU.png

CbsX0GbWIAExDi4.png

Not a big break for Rubio in late deciders, though early exit polls these are.

(This is not why #ImWithHer)

But I just realized with some certainty that a major political party is going to nominate a woman at the top of their ticket.

It shouldn't feel monumental, but it does.

Hillary might not be perfect, but good God it is so way past time!

Democrats just keeping making those social inroads.

There are some favorable largely white caucus states. And New England is relatively fertile ground.

While I haven't seen the actual demographic numbers how he performed with minorities in Nevada, I think you've already pointed out he could not have done well enough based on location results.

This very well may have been his last chance to show he could swing minorities.

Even if we give him that 8 point lead, which I think is suspect, that's not enough. If she got within 2 among white voters, lost Latino voters by 8, but won AA by 56 points...he's screwed. He needed this win. He really, really did. I'm not throwing him under the bus or anything, but he needed to win here.

Yoda

1. Trump
2. Cruz
3. Rubio (really torn here, but I know for a fact SC leans Cruz more than Rubio, but I'm not sure the establishment circle jerk is enough to get him into 2nd)
4. Bush

Participation ribbon culture brah. It's why we don't have victories anymore.

Only for the privileged (in this case that means the Koch-class republicans like you). If Trump got 3rd everyone would scream about how they were right about him.

HylianTom

Banned
Steve Kornacki
‏@SteveKornacki

SC exit -- white evangelicals (69% of electorate):

Trump 31%
Cruz 28%
Rubio 23%

===

PLEEEEEEEEASE HOLD.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I still see Rubio in third regardless of if Cruz or Trump win.

Teggy

Steve Kornacki
‏@SteveKornacki

SC exit -- white evangelicals (69% of electorate):

Trump 31%
Cruz 28%
Rubio 23%

===

PLEEEEEEEEASE HOLD.

How can 70% of the electorate be white evangelicals? Does evangelical mean anything besides "christian" anymore?

Okay, I've got word from my internal source that the numbers just came in.

1. Trump - 80%
2. Cruz - 17%
3. Rubio - 2%
4. Vermin Supreme
- 1%

Kangi

This is South Carolina. Where you drive past 30+ churches in a two hour drive to myrtle beach.

Virtually every local church I came across today was doubling as a polling place. They were also all flanked by Trump signs.

Nothing will stop the evangelicals from turning out in droves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom