• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Those polls are pretty brutal. #disarray

I like that one is conducted by Channel 2 ACTION NEWS.

42441.jpg

Ah, ACTION NEWS!

The last place an impressionable kid can go for TV violence.

Cerium

Kasich should stay in until Ohio.

No way Cruz drops before Super Tuesday.

After Super Tuesday it might already be too late to stump the Trump.

CDX

Wow, these polling numbers. If at all remotely accurate. Wow.

Illinois conducted by Paul Simon Institute/SIU

Clinton 51
Sanders 32

Ah, it would be 4 delegates for Bernie and probably 85 delegates for Clinton if this poll is taken at face value.
4 delegates for Bernie from Georgia. If that remotely holds, Georgia alone could give Hillary an almost insurmountable lead in the delegate race.

Hillary is NOT supporting a federal public option, BTW. She's asking governors to support it. big difference.

I guess this keeps with her position that you can make change even without Congressional approval since there is a clause in the ACA allowing states to set up the public option in 2017. If this happens the healthcare between red and blue states will just keep growing.

New data from the exit poll gives additional reason to doubt the conclusion that Mr. Sanders won the Hispanic vote by eight percentage points. In a defense of the exit poll, Gary Langer of ABC News focused on the age of the Hispanic vote. He noted that 38 percent of Hispanic voters were aged 18 to 29, according to the poll, compared with just 13 percent of non-Hispanic voters. Young voters, Hispanic or otherwise, appeared to break overwhelmingly for Mr. Sanders.

This helps explains why the exit poll had such a pro-Sanders vote, but it doesn’t prove the published results were right. In fact, it’s an unrealistic number that helps explain how the poll could have been off.

Just 23 percent of registered Democrats who are Hispanics in Nevada are 18 to 29, according to data from L2, a nonpartisan voter file vendor. The number grows to 27 percent if one includes all nonpartisan voters — many of whom do not lean Democratic.

The exit poll data found that the share of young voters was higher than the share of Hispanic adult citizens — 36 percent of adult citizen Hispanics are 18 to 29, according to an Upshot analysis of microdata from the 2010-2014 American Community Survey. It implies that the overall turnout among young Hispanic voters was actually higher than among Hispanic voters over age 29.

That’s unlikely given the consistent Census Bureau finding that the turnout among young Hispanic voters is extremely low. In 2012, just 34 percent of 18-to-24-year-old Hispanic citizens voted, compared with the much higher turnout rate (no less than 47 percent) among every older group. The low registration rate implied by the L2 data is consistent with the census data.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/23/u...that-sanders-won-hispanic-vote-in-nevada.html

So yeah, Hillary won hispanics overall.

I wonder if putting the public option back in the table (at least on a state-level) is in part preempting a general election campaign where Trump runs to the left on healthcare. It's no more infeasible than any of Trump's policies and would at least energize a base that wants more than just protecting the status-quo.

Conspiracy!

The Ed Show sucked. Also, they cut away from Bernie as he was essentially just going through his stump (but with a little more fire than usual thrown at Hillary) and they had news to break about Ted Cruz firing a staffer.

Teggy

Hold the phone guys, Hillary is screwed

Hillary Clinton (D) 9%
Not Sure 7%
Bernie Sanders (D) 83%
Other 1%

Vermont - Vermont Public Radio, Castleton University

Cerium

On the GOP side I'm beginning to see them lay the groundwork for Cruz's obituary. Third in South Carolina is devastating. That state is tailor made for him, and if he can't even come in second there, then where the hell is he supposed to win outside of Texas?

He absolutely needs a big Super Tuesday, and as long as Trump keeps on Trumping that's not going to happen.

It's a two man race with a dead Canadian walking.

I called it: Politico just posted a Cruz hit job basically declaring him dead.

Teggy

I have no issue with GMO products in terms of health, nutrition, etc but I really don't see why there's a problem with letting consumers know if a product is GMO.

ivysaur12

Banned
I have no issue with GMO products in terms of health, nutrition, etc but I really don't see why there's a problem with letting consumers know if a product is GMO.

Because it's scare mongering a non-problem that doesn't exist and giving credence to the idea that GMOs = bad, which aren't supported by any scientific evidence.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

It contributes towards misinformation that GMOs are different and dangerous by virtue of their GMOness and its just generally sort of pointless.

Because it's scare mongering a non-problem that doesn't exist and giving credence to the idea that GMOs = bad, which aren't supported by any scientific evidence.

Plus, there's an existing infrastructure literally waiting to take advantage of GMO labeling to push further fear. Whole groups dedicated to pushing GMO labels specifically so they can warn people away from GMO food.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Plus, there's an existing infrastructure literally waiting to take advantage of GMO labeling to push further fear. Whole groups dedicated to pushing GMO labels specifically so they can warn people away from GMO food.

Yup the food industry is cutthroat and there are big business interests salivating at the prospect

Donald Trump will not be a part of the Fox News town hall hosted on Wednesday by Megyn Kelly.

The GOP presidential front-runner had a prior commitment that could not be changed on short notice, according to a Trump campaign spokeswoman.

"The campaign has a previous engagement in Virginia and then New York, which could not be rescheduled," Hope Hicks, Trump's spokeswomen said in an email to THR. "Given this was just proposed at the last minute it was not possible to change our plans in order to attend."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-skip-fox-news-868541

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom