• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

So, if you're Trump, do you attack Cruz ahead of Super Tuesday to run up the margins, possibly win TX, and try to lock up the delegate lead while risking fatally wounding Cruz causing him to drop benefitting Rubio post ST, or do you start to attack Rubio to try and blunt his momentum since he will obviously be the last to drop?

Attack Rubio.

Kyosaiga

Banned
So, if you're Trump, do you attack Cruz ahead of Super Tuesday to run up the margins, possibly win TX, and try to lock up the delegate lead while risking fatally wounding Cruz causing him to drop benefitting Rubio post ST, or do you start to attack Rubio to try and blunt his momentum since he will obviously be the last to drop?

If you're Trump you do what the fuck you want.

Cerium

If it's me, I let them beat each other up. I think that's what Trump has been doing and what his plan will be. For once he'll look like the dignified one while the Cubans try to disembowel each other.

Cruz isn't going to drop out while he still has money.

ivysaur12

Banned

Both.

Politico (lol) had an article tonight about how much the GOP is pressuring him to drop now. Here's hoping John can withstand the barrage of establishment calls to drop.

Kasich is far, far more qualified than Marco is to actually be President. He has an actual record to run on and isn't completely reliant on a stump speech. It's really a shame they're trying to push him aside.

what

the

fuck
Now, I realize that you're probably focusing on the non-GMO and gluten-free labels, but it gets one step dumber.

Himalayan.

VqNTNeN.jpg

Sea salt.

Cerium

Lol. Comments on the article seem to be much more pro Trump than pro Cruz from what I saw anyway. I know some sites like Glenn Beck The Blaze are mainly Cruz supporters. Makes sense with wacky Glenn Beck campaigning with Cruz.
Breitbart is basically Trump HQ.

That's why I read it.

Crocodile

So Trump is polling way ahead now in Nevada but does his weak ground game (at least that's my understand) hurt him enough to put all that polling in danger? There seems to be at least a 5+% inflation on polls from late deciders leaning away from him.

Rubio wins the nomination, beats Hillary in the general, and replaces Scalia, Thomas, Ginsburg, and Kennedy, creating an ultraconservative 6-3 majority.

Gay marriage illegal again. Abortion outlawed. All remaining campaign finance laws erased. Obamacare overturned.

I mean, I don't think there would be actual riots but I feel this would induce something close no? I mean people having literal rights or healthcare stolen from them is going to rustle some MAJOR jimmies and for legit reasons.

Bowdz

If it's me, I let them beat each other up. I think that's what Trump has been doing and what his plan will be. For once he'll look like the dignified one while the Cubans try to disembowel each other.

Cruz isn't going to drop out while he still has money.

What's the incentive for Cruz to attack Rubio now? In SC, the conventional wisdom pre-Trump storm might have been that eventually, the race would be Cruz v. Rubio and thus the immigration battles at the debates. At this juncture however, it seems like Cruz needs to hit back at Trump to have a chance at survival. If Trump trumps him in the SEC, he's done. Hitting Rubio gets him nothing

Cerium

I mean, I don't think there would be actual riots but I feel this would induce something close no? I mean people having literal rights or healthcare stolen from them is going to rustle some MAJOR jimmies and for legit reasons.

The police will be empowered to put down any protests with military equipment.

What's the incentive for Cruz to attack Rubio now? In SC, the conventional wisdom pre-Trump storm might have been that eventually, the race would be Cruz v. Rubio and thus the immigration battles at the debates. At this juncture however, it seems like Cruz needs to hit back at Trump to have a chance at survival. If Trump trumps him in the SEC, he's done. Hitting Rubio gets him nothing
They each want to be the last not-Trump standing. They've been hammering each other today while saying almost nothing about Trump.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Nixon was Eisenhower's Vice President.

I....

Fuck..

I was always under the assumption that he came out of nowhere against JFK.

Fuuuuuuuuck. And yet the men had completely different governing philosophies.

I need to sit down.

User 406

Banned
Now, I realize that you're probably focusing on the non-GMO and gluten-free labels, but it gets one step dumber.

Himalayan.

Sea salt.

Hey now, it totally used to be a sea, before the Atlanteans used the power of the crystals to raise the mountain range up!

I mean, geez, how else would you naturally and organically extract salt from the sea?

CDX

The man does not know how to let a grudge go. He'll be feuding with Rosie O'Donnell for the rest of their lives and no one can remember why.

She made fun of his hair.

And she said he went bankrupt. And that apparently got Trump mad because only his businesses went bankrupt, not his personal wealth.

That was basically it, and Trump seemingly never got over it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hey now, it totally used to be a sea, before the Atlanteans used the power of the crystals to raise the mountain range up!

I mean, geez, how else would you naturally and organically extract salt from the sea?

Tzg9sub.jpg

She made fun of his hair.

And she said he went bankrupt. And that apparently got Trump mad because only his businesses went bankrupt, not his personal wealth.

That was basically it, and Trump seemingly never got over it.

Like I keep saying, the man never forgives and he never forgets.

How stupidly optimistic can we get about 2016? I'm glad you asked!

Against Donald Trump, will Hillary Clinton (or you know, one of the other losers) target the demographically rich GA/AZ? Or the more Dixiecratic MO/IN? Presenting the "whynotboth.jpg" approach:

White%20House%20map_zpseth7zp1j.png

Just four votes shy of clearing 400 electoral votes. Damn you, Arkansas! Don't worry, the Senate Democrats will be proud to add you to their column as one of the biggest surprises of the night.

Senate%20map_zpsowm1golq.png

Democrats sweep every contested Senate election, with the lone exception of Kentucky. Sorry, but we've got to be realistic in at least one regard here. The good news is that after witnessing the complete blowout, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins and - I dunno, some asshole? - see the light and caucus with the Democrats, giving them a 60 vote supermajority. Not that it matters, because Chuck Schumer's first act as Majority Leader is obliterating the filibuster, so everything passes with a simple majority of 51 votes. But while symbolically powerful, it's still meaningless in the face of a Republican House, right?

House%20map_zpszmpan8pj.png

Wrong! Trump is so disastrous that Democrats swing a miraculous 39 seats, putting them nine seats over the majority. What's more, few of these seats are in the deep red territory that bolstered the Democratic caucus through 2010, so while they will certainly lose seats in the next midterm, it might not be quite the bloodbath we've come to expect from the Obama years.

Governors%20map_zpshk76dh4l.png

Oh yeah there's governor's races too. Republicans only win two because fuck them. Jack Dalrymple and Gary Herbert counting their lucky stars that Heidi Heitkamp and Jim Matheson didn't take the plunge.

So this is probably the last time Nevada will be an early state in the Republican primary. If turnout isn't yooog, it's going to be moved.

Pence isn't losing Indiana. Do not get optimistic about that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hillary's negatives are way too big if she is up against Rubio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom