• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am noticing a lot of the conservative media is proclaiming Rubio was in the right and it is just the liberal media attacking him out of Rubio. Some serious circling of the wagons going on.

Of course they are. He's the establishment choice now, so they're going to defend him no matter what.

WaffleTaco said:
Honestly I expect Rubio to be 2nd...I think the 3-2-1 strategy could also turn out in his benefit. Sure Donald Trump's "supporters" are vigorous and enthusiastic, but if they do not turn out in big numbers for New Hampshire, than I think his lead will drop...very hard. Most reasonable people think that Trump is ridiculous, this is including among Republicans (I am citing my dad, who likes Rubio the most and Sanders for being genuine). I also think the Sanders could not be as well received as people might think he will be...but this is just due to myself being more skeptical of polls since Iowa.

My problem with that plan was always the "1." I just don't see him winning South Carolina. All the polls have had him consistently in 3rd or 4th.

Effect

Is New Hampshire the state that the media in the past has said they don't like being told who they're supporting and sometimes surprises in relation to the polls? Or is that another state?

I am noticing a lot of the conservative media is proclaiming Rubio was in the right and it is just the liberal media attacking him out of Rubio. Some serious circling of the wagons going on.

It looks like that's the official Rubio narrative: It's the media's fault!

Rubio Slams Media For Pointing Out He Repeated Himself 4 Times In Debate

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) sent a fundraising email Monday that passed off New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) attacks on the freshman senator's canned talking points as a controversy ginned up by the media.

The email said the media pounced on the Rubio campaign's "building momentum" by making hay out of the fact that the senator "pointed out a few times" during Saturday's Republican presidential debate "that President Obama has been very deliberate about achieving his bad policies."

"This isn’t the first time the media has tried to distract people," the email read. "We can’t afford to let the media get away with this."

Is New Hampshire the state that the media in the past has said they don't like being told who they're supporting and sometimes surprises in relation to the polls? Or is that another state?

That can describe New Hampshire. A good portion of NH voters are registered "undecided" which means they can decide which party's primary to vote in at the time they vote. They also can make up their minds or change their mind at the last minute.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Glenn Greenwald is dismissing sexist attacks against Hillary in 2016 by saying that... feminists also said Hillary faced sexist attacks in 2008...?

The feminists he's attacking are not amused.

https://twitter.com/rtraister

Yea, outside of that reporting he did on the leak a while back I can't say I've liked Greenwald as a journalist all that much. Especially now, he's gotten way too swept up in whatever this is and isn't able to look at critiques seriously.

It looks like that's the official Rubio narrative: It's the media's fault!

Rubio Slams Media For Pointing Out He Repeated Himself 4 Times In Debate

What a maroon

PBY

Banned
Can't tell if its lowkey genius or the dumbest shit I've ever seen that Rubes actually keeps repeating that line, even now.

JABEE

I am more convinced now that Sanders has exposed critical weakness in Clinton as a candidate. I am not that sure she can win the generals considering the anti-establishment hunger the electorate seems to have.

Anyway, look at this gem from Salon, in April 2008:

http://www.salon.com/2008/04/14/obama_supporters/

heheh.

I think there are just a lot of people (men and women) that don't like Hillary. It's just a puzzling thing for political analysts to see when their entire work involves making inferences off stereotypes of demographics.

Yea, outside of that reporting he did on the leak a while back I can't say I've liked Greenwald as a journalist all that much. Especially now, he's gotten way too swept up in whatever this is and isn't able to look at critiques seriously.
I like Glenn Greenwald. I think he is a very good journalist although very opinionated and one-minded at times. He is now linked forever to the Snowden leaks for better or for worse, but we need more people like him and Nathan Lean. I love the fact that he is one of the few ones that push hard against the blase liberal new atheism attitudes towards middle-east and religion.

He has been deeply critical of Obama administration and that is ok by me. But of course he has also ripped the W administration to shreds.

He's the establishment choice (right now), he has to survive this.

Will be interesting to see how NH shakes out. Rubio seems to be in a tough place. He had to at least come in third place; I think the media would give him the "comeback" even if he came in third place assuming he was ahead of the other establishment candidates. But if he comes in fourth? Things get really interesting.

PPP has national numbers out for GE matchups which mean shit, of course.

Hillary leads Jeb! by 7
Bernie leads Jeb! by 6

Hillary leads Carson by 3
Bernie is tied with Carson

Hillary leads Cruz by 2
Bernie leads Cruz by 2

Hillary and Bernie trail Rubio by 2

Hillary leads Trump by 7
Bernie leads Trump by 4

In a 3 way race with Trump/Sanders/Bloomberg, Trump beats Bernie by 3. In a 3 way race with Trump/Hillary/Bloomberg, Hillary beats Trump by 3.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/2016Results.pdf

Edit: Here are the numbers from the NC poll in case anyone wants to look at the crosstabs, slim as they are.

http://www.highpoint.edu/blog/2016/...y-trump-cruz-and-rubio-have-most-gop-support/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like Glenn Greenwald. I think he is a very good journalist although very opinionated and one-minded at times. He is now linked forever to the Snowden leaks for better or for worse, but we need more people like him and Nathan Lean. I love the fact that he is one of the few ones that push hard against the blase liberal new atheism attitudes towards middle-east and religion.

He has been deeply critical of Obama administration and that is ok by me. But of course he has also ripped the W administration to shreds.

Well, my only real issue with him (outside of how opinionated he can be) is his refusal to accept criticism of something he supports and his tendency to just brush it aside and pretend it's not a thing.

kirblar

Hillary leads Jeb! by 7
Bernie leads Jeb! by 6

Hillary leads Cruz by 2
Bernie leads Cruz by 2

Hillary leads Trump by 7
Bernie leads Trump by 4

In a 3 way race with Trump/Sanders/Bloomberg, Trump beats Bernie by 3. In a 3 way race with Trump/Hillary/Bloomberg, Hillary beats Trump by 3.

Edit: Here are the numbers from the NC poll in case anyone wants to look at the crosstabs, slim as they are.

http://www.highpoint.edu/blog/2016/...y-trump-cruz-and-rubio-have-most-gop-support/
So basically, no one knows who Cruz/Rubio are.

Makai

@NateSilver538
Was leaked an internal poll from a campaign (SORRY CAN'T SAY WHICH ONE) showing New Hampshire:
Trump 32
Gilmore 17
Kasich 12
Rubio 11
Bush 9

So basically, no one knows who Cruz/Rubio are.

Pretty much. And puts a fork in the "Bernie is more electable thing." Of course, GE polls are pretty much useless this far out, but, you know, anything to help the narrative. :)

@NateSilver538
Was leaked an internal poll from a campaign (SORRY CAN'T SAY WHICH ONE) showing New Hampshire:
Trump 32
Gilmore 17
Kasich 12
Rubio 11
Bush 9

Hahahaha, three guesses which campaign leaked that.

Hillary leads Jeb! by 7
Bernie leads Jeb! by 6

Hillary leads Cruz by 2
Bernie leads Cruz by 2

Hillary leads Trump by 7
Bernie leads Trump by 4

Wasn't Bernie leading Hillary in some of these not too long ago?

Wasn't Bernie leading Hillary in some of these not too long ago?

Yes. They're mostly useless, though. Bernie is still generic Democrat for most people. However, it looks like, in these polls at least, there's no real daylight between the two. In fact, Hillary does a bit better but margin of error blah blah blah.

Did anyone post the Michigan poll?

Trump 35
Rubio 21
Cruz 21
Kasich 6
Carson 5
Bush 3
Fiorina 3
Christie 3

Hillary 62
Bernie 30

Status