• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
<3 <3 <3
Christy cut him up real bad and he's still bleeding.
Marco must've had what I was drinking that night in his water bottle. I got major douche chills when I saw it. That robot impression was the weirdest/most awkward thing I've seen in a while. He made C-3PO look as loose as a meth head's teeth.

I have no idea why he didn't stop digging. I mean, I don't think he's completely stupid, but how in the hell did it not dawn on him to shut the front door!? Just stop....don't repeat yourself. Just....I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

I was also pretty tipsy, so I probably wasn't as sharp as I should have been. Chocolate milk and Peanut Butter vodka brah! :D

Tesseract

Banned
Right. The whole 8 years of Obama's tenure have been the Fed trying to get companies to spend money via low interest rates. The problem is most of the recovered wealth has stayed at the top.

It might not be an optimal GE message, but really Democrats should say that we've been trying trickle down the last 8 years and that it's the Middle class' time now.

daddy gave our money to billy, billy hoarded it, didn't give it to mommy so she could give it to daddy ...

wa4 n3v3r chan6ez

Cheebo

Banned
Man Fox News is buying hard into the Rubio spin that the attack on him is a liberal media conspiracy because he criticized Obama and are afraid of him.

So much "Rubio repeated himself but what he repeated is dead on and should be repeated!".

Surprised how fast and overwhelming this narrative has become in the conservative media. Red State is pushing it too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Edrogan has reversed so many secular advancements and is sending Turkey back to the 19th Century

+ he is scumbag who helps ISIS just because he doesn't want the Kurds to gain strength

he is pobably the shittiest NATO ally ever, and that open border with Syria

As far as Turkey is concerned, you can have secularism or you can have democracy. You can't have both, because people democratically desire Islamist parties. I mean, that's an oversimplification because Erdogan is probably not significantly more Islamist than Angelino Alfano is Catholic, but equally he's not exactly a paragon of democratic procedure, but in general you can boil it down to that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man Fox News is buying hard into the Rubio spin that the attack on him is a liberal media conspiracy because he criticized Obama and are afraid of him.

I wonder why. Trump's poll numbers in NH must have them all in a panic behind the scenes.

So much "Rubio repeated himself but what he repeated is dead on and should be repeated!".

Surprised how fast and overwhelming this narrative has become in the conservative media. Red State is pushing it too.

I wonder why. Trump's poll numbers in NH must have them all in a panic behind the scenes.

Rubio must have taken a hit in the polling. He really is their best bet. Kasich is toxic to the base. Jeb! is just a sad, lonely little man. Cruz is a dick. Their last hope was/is Rubio. They have to build him up. They have the technology.

I'm convinced this thread is at least 60% gay.

Go for at least 69%

As far as Turkey is concerned, you can have secularism or you can have democracy. You can't have both, because people democratically desire Islamist parties. I mean, that's an oversimplification because Erdogan is probably not significantly more Islamist than Angelino Alfano is Catholic, but equally he's not exactly a paragon of democratic procedure, but in general you can boil it down to that.

I say we kick Turkey out of NATO

Cheebo

Banned
Thing is I can see the base buying into the liberal media conspiracy spin. Watch him outperform again tomorrow lol.

Firstly, I'm not convinced this is true. There is at least a plausible chance that Trump could win the US presidential election. Even if he doesn't, the Republican candidate does. Trump's stance on race relations is worse than that of any party in western Europe that stands a serious chance of executive control (apart from possibly Le Pen, although her chances of winning are far lower than Trump's), and the Republican party as a whole is also worse if not to the same extent as Trump. Europe does have individual parties which are worse than the Republicans on race relations, yes, but that's largely because most European countries are multi-party, and even rightwing parties who are mainstream do not tolerate racists, so racists form their own parties and therefore have greater political visibility. In America, these groups still exist, they're just subsumed within the Republican party and discouraged by Republican elites/ignored (arguably less so now), so you don't see them. They can't leave because the American political system can only foster two parties; but worryingly they might actually take control of the Republican apparatus (via Trump).

Norway's oil is from the North Sea and the Barents Sea and is from offshore drilling. Clinton supported offshore drilling until 17th December 2015 when she switched and made public statements against it (arguably because both Sanders and O'Malley spoke out against it). You can probably have this one... if you thank Sanders. ;)

Not at all. There is only one one Western European country where a majority of the public oppose at-whim abortion under 24 weeks (Italy). In any other country, Clinton's positions are entirely centrist/unremarkable insofar as they represent the status quo.

This one is interesting because again, bar Italy all Western European countries actually have more favourable opinions of gay marriage than America does. I don't think this reflects a left/right difference but rather a procedural difference. In America, the overwhelming majority of states were forced to accept gay marriage via the judiciary. In Europe, the judiciary is weak and things have to pass through the legislature. If gay marriage had to go through state legislatures in America, you'd be waiting a very long time.

It's not the every American politician is more rightwing than every European politician; that would be ludicrous. It is true that the average American politician is significantly more rightwing than the average European politician.
On the phone now but this is full of inconsistent and incorrect statements. The last statement isnt true either because it ignores the European right. And if the idea to tar the Democrats as conservative you have to average Ted Cruz it seems the goal is to define a data set that fits the already decided upon notion.

Democrats are to the left of many if not most conservative European parties.

There are other places too. Such as labor unions, austerity, financial reform (Bernie is father left than pretty much every non-icelandic politician), taxing corporations, privatization, drug policy.

Tesseract

Banned
But are we gay establishment? Or are we the good kind of gay?

That's the question.

uzayijh.gif

I'm having to navigate this Obamacare thing with my new job right now. They've been talking for an hour now, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to pick. Why can't we just have single payer?

U mad bro?

Bet he's rocking CK under there. You wouldn't think it but I'm sure he is.

Andrew Christian or GTFO.

CCS

Banned
I'm having to navigate this Obamacare thing with my new job right now. They've been talking for an hour now, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to pick. Why can't we just have single payer?

U mad bro?

Andrew Christian or GTFO.

You wanna see him in those? Brave man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom