• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Joy Reid is saying its going to get ugly in SC if NV goes poorly for Hillary, You will see a rallying of Democrats around Hillary to stop Bernie at all cost in SC.

this is getting boggy and i like it

daniel-day-lewis-gangs-of-new-york-american-flag-monologue.jpg

Those exit poll figures would give him an advantage of about 6 pts, if accurate. But they only comprise a third of the electorate.

If they split the 31-64 vote, then you're in single digit margin, but he still wins. If he takes it like 60:40 then he'd end up with like a 20 pt lead.

I must express admiration for Marxists. In all sincerity, I have respect for anyone who can remain dedicated to such an ideal despite decades of evidence that the vast majority of the workers either don't care about it or are actively opposed to it.

To be fair, the same could most likely be said of feudalism once. Them peasants just wanted to keep tending the fields and praying that droit du seigneur wouldn't be used and stuff. Plus monarchists certainly were A Thing. Still are.

PBY

Banned
David CataneseVerified account
‏@davecatanese
Source tells me Cruz's weekend internal track had Rubio nose-diving 7 points over the weekend in NH, leaving him in 5th.

Damn... did we overdo it on the Rubot??

‏@davecatanese
Source tells me Cruz's weekend internal track had Rubio nose-diving 7 points over the weekend in NH, leaving him in 5th.

Everyone's a winner.

Except Rubio, who can go fuck himself.

ctothej

‏@davecatanese

I want him to crash and burn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
‏@davecatanese

Marcosoft Rubot didn't get his OS update in time from the looks of it.

XenodudeX

How the fuck do you pretty much get Obama's ground game and staff and still fuck it up this bad with all of this bullshit panicking and kneejerk reactions? Like, what?

I'm honestly not sure who is worse at running a campaign, Trump or Hillary?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How the fuck do you pretty much get Obama's ground game and staff and still fuck it up this bad with all of this bullshit panicking and kneejerk reactions? Like, what?

NH is practically Bernie's home turf in terms of demo and location, she was always going to lose this one.

‏@davecatanese

Man I don't want to OD on hopium but if there's one thing we saw in Iowa is that Cruz has the best analytics in the GOP field. Assuming this isn't propaganda, and this is the Cruz campaign here, Rubio may be fucked.

Bowdz

Obama is as as calm, cool, and collected as any politician ever has been while the Clinton's expect victory to be easy.

Cheebo

Banned

Hillary. They planned this for years. Trump just fell into it.

dramatis

On Haiti's Michel Martelly. [The Atlantic]

If the transformation of audacious showmanship and fame into political power reminds you of a certain real-estate mogul turned celebrity candidate in the United States, well, it should. Martelly presaged Donald Trump in a lot of ways. Before his election, Martelly’s supporters liked to say that, because he was already so rich and famous, their candidate couldn’t be bribed or bought. Every time he’d insult other candidates or critics, or just say what other politicians wouldn’t, disaffected, angry voters—especially young, unemployed men furious about their endless poverty and the failed response to the 2010 earthquake—just loved him more. In one recording, purportedly made days before the 2011 presidential runoff, Martelly informed a crowd that members of the rival left-wing Lavalas party of ousted former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide were “ugly” and “smell like shit.” “Go fuck your mother, Lavalas. ... Go fuck your mother, Jean-Bertrand Aristide,” he said, over cheers and peals of laughter. (The phrase is even dirtier and meaner in Haitian Creole.) Then he challenged them to come to his house and kill him.
Martelly’s new song, released just in time for kanaval, is called “Give Her the Banana.” It goes downhill from there. The uptempo track depicts the outgoing president as a doctor called on to insert various things into Liliane Pierre-Paul, one of Haiti’s most respected and longest-serving journalists and a critic of his regime.

“Bring her a serum! Bring her a shot! Come with a pill for Little Lili!” the president’s back-up singers intone while sirens wail in the background. This is a warm-up for the main event. “Give her a Sweet Micky! Oh!” someone cries, and while the band chants the journalist’s nickname over and over, the president—the actual, sitting president—croons:

Take it out and put it in her behind!
Give her a banana!
Give her a banana with no skin!
Give her a banana with the skin on!

He's out, but Haiti is still in for some really rough times.

Why would young people want to live in New Hampshire? God I hate cold weather. I live in the nyc area and it's too cold. I'm moving to Miami where rubios parts are made.
I like having four seasons

sangreal

‏@davecatanese

please make this happen

Holmes

I think people are reading too much into the "Hillary panicking!" headlines that the media is putting out while trying to stroke the horse race narrative. It's much easier to believe those kinds of headlines when a state that's a perfect fit for your opponent is voting.

re:Clinton camp panicking, I don't think anyone seriously will be unless Sanders makes things close in SC and NV. Or wins NH by like 30 points or something. The media just wants a story.

Tubie

‏@davecatanese

This fills me with joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom