• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fladam

Things are collapsing for Republican party before our eyes. It's... It's beautiful.

It truly is, we've heard the phrase "collapse of the Republican party" a lot over the last couple of years - and here it is happening, literally, this week. It was a number of things that led us here, but this will be the week people remember.

On another note, I'm glad my vote will put Hilldawg over the top here in Texas.

A split between the moderate Republicans and the crazies would be nice for the country.

Mostly because it would mean Democrat majorities in everything for at least a decade or so until the dust settles or the Democrats do something very stupid.

Bronx-Man

Banned
fjeuRXj.gif

This couldn't have gone better. This election could not have possibly gone better.

Amir0x

Banned
By the way if this happens, i think it would be safe to say Obama is the most consequential politician of the modern era. Also remarkably scandal-free terms.

And then follows first female president? Impressive run for our country.

Boke1879

there's not a person in the US that doesn't actively believe Trump uses the n-word regularly. I know you all litigated this over the weekend but I don't see the impact of an n-word video being greater than him admitting to sexual assault.

what's worse than admitting sexual assault?

-- being caught doing it

-- evidence of a Russian sex trafficking ring <-- who doesn't squint and go 'yep i believe that'

-- evidence of racketeering <-- everyone else, nodding, MMMHMMM

-- not just the n-word, but explicit bigotry laying out why he believes X race / ethnicity are [all the racist things]

-- i think him using homophobic slurs on tape would be equally devastating as the Pussy Grabber video, actually

I mean most people would agree that Trump was a sexist pig. No one cared until there was video and this shit is destroying him

Anyone with a brain at least knows Trump is bigoted. But a lot of white America lets him get away with it because it's coded. Under the surface. If he's caught on video or audio saying the N word to someone or in reference to something that's it. A lot of white people draw the line there and there is no way to defend that.

Kusagari

I think Rubio has by far the most to gain from distancing himself from Trump vehemently. His survival is almost going to completely depend on Cubans split ticket voting for Hillary/Rubio.

Why he still hasn't split is beyond me.

HylianTom

Banned
By the way if this happens, i think it would be safe to say Obama is the most consequential politician of the modern era. Also remarkably scandal-free terms.

And then follows first female president? Impressive run for our country.

Agree. He promised "fundamental transformation," and he will have delivered.

And if I had to pick a fantasy state, I'd want Texas. It'd be the ultimate gut-punch for the GOP - a real trophy - and the idea they'd have to defend it from every election onward would haunt their dreams. When they go to color-in their 270ToWin maps for 2020 and beyond, I want that weighty twinge of hesitation to enter their minds before they automatically assume that they can color it red.

I think Rubio has by far the most to gain from distancing himself from Trump vehemently. His survival is almost going to completely depend on Cubans split ticket voting for Hillary/Rubio.

Why he still hasn't split is beyond me.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida

Trump won every district in Florida other than one, it was probably his best state other than Nevada in the primary (since he had worse competition in New England)

Deplorable old white people who are also marks make up a huge percentage of the GOP's voter base in Florida and Rubio doesn't want to deal with Trump screaming "Little Marco, total loser!" in rallies to end the year when that could affect so many Florida voters.

That's his logic... But he'll lose no matter what, lol.

there's not a person in the US that doesn't actively believe Trump uses the n-word regularly. I know you all litigated this over the weekend but I don't see the impact of an n-word video being greater than him admitting to sexual assault.

what's worse than admitting sexual assault?

-- being caught doing it

-- evidence of a Russian sex trafficking ring <-- who doesn't squint and go 'yep i believe that'

-- evidence of racketeering <-- everyone else, nodding, MMMHMMM

-- not just the n-word, but explicit bigotry laying out why he believes X race / ethnicity are [all the racist things]

-- i think him using homophobic slurs on tape would be equally devastating as the Pussy Grabber video, actually

A lot of people are ignorant of diet racism, but is hard for people to defend blatant forms of racism. If Donald Trump says the N-word even a few times when describing African-Americans; it would solidify the fact he is a racist. It is extremely difficult to even defend if he said it was a slip of the tongue or something like that, and no one would even want to defend it.

Amir0x

Banned
Agree. He promised "fundamental transformation," and he will have delivered.

And if I had to pick a fantasy state, I'd want Texas. It'd be the ultimate gut-punch for the GOP - a real trophy - and the idea they'd have to defend it from every election onward would haunt their dreams. When they go to color-in their 270ToWin maps for 2020 and beyond, I want that weighty twinge of hesitation to enter their minds before they automatically assume that they can color it red.

Cold sweats and shit

Boke1879

At the next rally. I have no doubts Trump calls out all this shit and tells his supporters not to vote down ballot. He's going to call out Ryan and probably McCain by name.

Katrina could just be saying shit, but really what that tweet tells me is that they are going all in on attacking the GOP.

Priebus is probably drunk as fuck right now.

Also yea..If I'm Rubio publicly distance from Trump.

Side bar: I need this election to be over so I can be a somewhat productive human being again.

I've had to go full on Ben Ghazi deadly with my pomodoro timers today to get anything done, constantly worrying that I might miss Paul Ryan wobble out drunk with a bottle of scotch left by "daddy B" in the speaker's desk emptied out on the floor.

PLEASE.

Honestly, the twitter videos of news hosts and surrogates "what the fuck am I hearing" reactions to what the Trump surrogates are saying has been my favorite part of this whole election.

Either they can't or simply won't hide their disbelief and disdain for it anymore. It's clear they are fed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom