• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is a persistent rumor that there are two more known videos. One as bad as the bus tape and one worse. Rumor is that NBC will drop one this week. Need to be careful about these rumors. Plenty of people would have reason to spread them. The Clinton team and Never Trumpers want to do anything possible to drive more defections away from Trump.

Wait and see I suppose, but it does seem unlikely that we get to November without another video.

I don't care about anything that was in the field before the tape dropped.

agree. friday was such a game changer everything is invalid.

Not just in terms of exposure of the tape content, but the RNC just severing it's attempts to promote the trump campaign at all.

The trump campaign is completely crippled and has no GOTV effort or ground game it can use for a solid month leading up to the election.

There is a persistent rumor that there are two more nown videos. one as bad as the bus tape and one worse. Rumor is that NBC will drop one this week. Need to be careful about these rumors. Plenty of people would have reason to spread them. The Clinton team and Never Trumpers want to do anything possible to drive more defections away from Trump.

Wait and see I suppose, but it does seem unlikely that we get to November without another video.

I have a hard time imagining what could be worse. I'm guessing the "as bad" one is the n-word, but I'm just not really sure just how low he has gone in his life that there's even worse than that out there.

Although, like I said yesterday, maybe it's some incesty stuff with hard evidence. That would certainly be very, very bad.

Zukkoyaki

I have a hard time imagining what could be worse. I'm guessing the "as bad" one is the n-word, but I'm just not really sure just how low he has gone in his life that there's even worse than that out there.

Although, like I said yesterday, maybe it's some incesty stuff with hard evidence. That would certainly be very, very bad.
Could be footage of him laying his hands on a woman. That's the only thing I can think of that would be worse.

11SsDzCEWIaEG4.gif

I think the worse might be him being recorded describing very specific story of malfeasance in a non "locker room talk" environment. Or yea, actual video of him doing something reprehensible. Not looking forward to it.

Boke1879

Could be footage of him laying his hands on a woman. That's the only thing I can think of that would be worse.

Him saying the "N" word on video or audio would absolutely kill him. Maybe I have too much faith, but I'd have a hard time seeing Mike Pence actually stand by him after that, or Paul Ryan etc.

benjipwns

Banned
Sean Hannity's contract with Fox actually runs through 2020 and he already got battered losing stations for his radio show, I'm not sure he'd be willing to give up his Fox slot.

Megyn Kelly's the one whose contract expires at the end of the year. But with Ailes gone and her all over the network now...

lyrick

It wouldn't need to be video of an actual incident, it could once again be just boasting about an occurrence. This time the boasting may be about a possibly documented domestic assault or possibly domestic sexual assault.

Alex Isenstadt ‏@politicoalex 1h1 hour ago

Where things stand: Numerous Republicans complaining about RADIO SILENCE from RNC ahead of 5 pm conference call...No direction....

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
there's not a person in the US that doesn't actively believe Trump uses the n-word regularly. I know you all litigated this over the weekend but I don't see the impact of an n-word video being greater than him admitting to sexual assault.

what's worse than admitting sexual assault?

-- being caught doing it

-- evidence of a Russian sex trafficking ring <-- who doesn't squint and go 'yep i believe that'

-- evidence of racketeering <-- everyone else, nodding, MMMHMMM

-- not just the n-word, but explicit bigotry laying out why he believes X race / ethnicity are [all the racist things]

-- i think him using homophobic slurs on tape would be equally devastating as the Pussy Grabber video, actually

there's not a person in the US that doesn't actively believe Trump uses the n-word regularly. I know you all litigated this over the weekend but I don't see the impact of an n-word video being greater than him admitting to sexual assault.

what's worse than admitting sexual assault?

-- being caught doing it

-- evidence of a Russian sex trafficking ring <-- who doesn't squint and go 'yep i believe that'

-- evidence of racketeering <-- everyone else, nodding, MMMHMMM

-- not just the n-word, but explicit bigotry laying out why he believes X race / ethnicity are [all the racist things]

-- i think him using homophobic slurs on tape would be equally devastating as the Pussy Grabber video, actually
which republicans would this be devastating with? I'm not seeing it.

Alex Isenstadt &#8207;@politicoalex 1h1 hour ago

Where things stand: Numerous Republicans complaining about RADIO SILENCE from RNC ahead of 5 pm conference call...No direction....

Thankfully this is far less serious and more hilarious but the Republican atmosphere really reminds me of the financial panic eight years ago. No coordination, everyone at each other's throats. Impossible to get momentum in that kind of environment.

I can imagine one that could be worse. One that would actually maybe get around to offending his evangelical supporters, which is probably the biggest constituency. If (and I stress IF) there's tape of him insulting Christianity in general or Jesus specifically, that might actually be enough to drive away the evangelical vote. Perhaps not the leaders, as they've happily taken their 30 pieces of silver already, but the people filling the churches might finally wake up to the devil they have embraced.

But maybe I'm just lashing out at my evangelical brethren and imagining things that would shame them.

BEN CARSON IS BACK, BABY.

The doctor is in the house.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...again-without-resistance-government/91732194/

Tyranny will reign otherwise, "and there will be mass killings once again," Carson told a crowd Friday. "The peace that we experience now will be a memory only. This is the nation that stands between peace and utter chaos."

Asked at a press conference how he thought such a grim future might come about, Carson referenced "the whole gay marriage issue."

"Why must they change it?" Carson said, referring to efforts to recognize civil unions as equal to traditional marriage. "I believe the reason is, if you can change the word of God in one area, then you can change it in every area. It's the camel's nose under the tent, and it will just be an avalanche of one thing after the other."

Pastry

Banned
The lady just on CNN was absolutely completely insane.

Something about god willing Donald to be president. The anchor was just speechless and was just cringing the entire time.

SexyFish

Banned
Robert Costa Verified account
&#8207;@costareports
When WaPo asked Rudy last night about Ryan's concerns, he dismissively shook his head and rolled his eyes, then disappeared into the night.
CubS-H7UkAAbeR1.jpg

No night cigar for Rudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom