• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd imagine the Johnson voters would move to McMuffin as they hear more about him and the polling and that he'd beat Hillary.

Bit Trump finishing 3rd in Utah would be the icing on the cake on Nov 8th.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How can Utah be so monolithic. That's crazy.

RoKKeR

Holy shit at that poll. Again chiming in with personal anecdotes, but McMuffin is picking up a lot of speed in Utah. He might not win, but I think he will perform very strongly.

A rare occasion in which my vote in Utah might actually "matter"!

I BELIEVE!
QFVwDfP.jpg

Ideally, Trump yells at Mormons and Romney. McMuffin would probably win UT, but it could change the race for the better in AZ and NV.

How? There are huge mormon populations in Nevada and North Arizona.

edit: ah, I misread. I think this could already cost him AZ (and Nevada was never really in play, IMO)

Hillary should go for Utah. Spend. Do it.

It doesn't matter if McMuffin wins the state because Trump wins if Hillary doesn't hit 270. So it's a win for Trump as long as Hillary doesn't win it.

mo60

Yeah.If trump collapses enough in Utah which he may be starting to either McMullin or Hilary will win the state.Either candidate probably has a legit shot at winning the state at this point.

Pretty much, the documentary is very good at explaining the ISIS war. Obama was the best person outside of Hillary to probably deal with this issue. Republicans would have been much more gun-ho and Donald Trump; would ask " Why not nuke them?". Trump is too much of a dumbass and have the knowledge of an average person to deal with a complicated issue.

If anyone wants to know about the ISIS war this is the best place to watch, but it is around 2 hours long. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/confronting-isis/

This was fantastic. Gave me a lot of insight into a topic that, sadly, I barely knew anything about until now. Thank you for linking it.

Anyone watching Frontline? Like holy shit, Obama played 11th dimensional chess against Turkey in battle against ISIS.

I don't see how you got that. Obama asked for Turkish support in resupplying the Kurdish rebels in Chobani (Kobani? sp) and they refused, with legitimate concerns since this particular Kurdish group had instigated terror attacks in Turkey before, and Obama simply decided to do it anyway. I don't see how there was any maneuvering that could be equivocated to chess at any point, at least according to this particular documentary. Turkey and US relations are not in a good place and this is one of the reasons why.

Hillary should go for Utah. Spend. Do it.

It doesn't matter if McMuffin wins the state because Trump wins if Hillary doesn't hit 270. So it's a win for Trump as long as Hillary doesn't win it.

Then it's going to be a very bad idea for him waste time and energy attacking Romney in the coming weeks when he endorses McMuffin.

Veelk

Banned
Guys....just to set my expectations....

is there ANYTHING that can realistically happen that could change things here? Like, obviously if some huge scandal on Hillary drops or else maybe she dies somehow...those can happen, but are unlikely.

But beyond stuff like that, is there anything realistically stopping this Hope train?

is there ANYTHING that can realistically happen that could change things here? Like, obviously if some huge scandal on Hillary drops or else maybe she dies somehow...those can happen, but are unlikely.

But beyond stuff like that, is there anything realistically stopping this Hope train?
Oh, I'm sure the emails and leaks will stay through to election day, new stuff coming out making some people freak out, but the fact is her lead is insurmountable at this point. She's going to be president.

Most likely the Dems will get the senate. Only question left is if we can get the House.

How hilarious would it be though for McMuffin to actually get some EVs despite the fact that literally no one outside of Utah knows who he is and Johnson and Stein get 0 each after all the discussion and coverage they've got.

Then it's going to be a very bad idea for him waste time and energy attacking Romney in the coming weeks when he endorses McMuffin.

He isn't going to be able to help himself lol.

McMuffin can win it ONLY with a Romney endorsement. But I feel like he's just going to chill at Costco or whatever he does till this elections over at this point.

Without the endorsement, I'll guess that Johnson and McMuffin will get about 25-30% of the vote between the two of them. Which should split Trump's vote enough to give it to Hillary.

Also we are forgetting that there will be a lot of people in Utah who said they would just write in Romney's name. That could also come into play here

KMS

Hopefully Trump sees this poll and starts trash talking McMullin. I want to see Trump get in a war of words with a former CIA anti-terrorist field agent.

mo60

How hilarious would it be though for McMuffin to actually get some EVs despite the fact that literally no one outside of Utah knows who he is and Johnson and Stein get 0 each after all the discussion and coverage they've got.
It would be funny as hell even though Gary would probably get more votes nationally them him in that scenario.

This is exactly the scenario one of my mormon cousins posted on facebook. As a plan.
Plan: Subvert the will of the people

Democracy was a mistake, it's nothing but trash

I agree with the second sentiment

mo60 said:
It would be funny as hell even though Gary would probably get more votes nationally them him in that scenario.
So would Jill.

Although actually her placing 5th would be funny as all hell.

mo60

Plan: Subvert the will of the people

Democracy was a mistake, it's nothing but trash

I agree with the second sentiment

So would Jill.

Although actually her placing 5th would be funny as all hell.
McMullin will probably get around 200k votes if he got above 20% of the vote in Utah.He would not need much at that point to beat Stein nationally.

It's a small sample and I'm sure that xkcd comic will get posted but no one in the history of American presidential election has ever won with this much deficit like what Trump has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom